• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Linkle's Outfit - Colors and Materials

• Thread starter Deleted member 81859
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 81859

So, I'm currently working on a Linkle cosplay, but I'm running into some problems. I think that Linkle's skort is brown, and that it is a leather material. However, my mother is convinced that it is a red light and is a light fabric and refuses to help me find what I need. She also thinks the cape is felt. What do you guys think it is? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
First off, you are going to need to post your cosplay of it! That seems like it will be amazing!
Second, as a theatre kid through high school, and one who had to wrangle up many, many costumes, I think I can help you.

Your mom is right on the fact that Linkle's shorts are Red. But it is red leather. You can clearly see it throughout the thickness and workaround that she has. The indentation is a clear giveaway as well.So you are going to need some red, seamless leather for the shorts, which are little harder to come by.

The cloth is also felt as well, regarding Linkle's cape. My sister used to have Green robes that she wore to prom. Looks exactly like it. Though I think Fleece would also work rather nicely as well.

Now, please excuse me, I think I need to turn in my man card now.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Well I think the only leather part would be the boots and the belts, but finding thigh-high leather boots of that nature would be really hard, I'd imagine, so I think trying to replicate the actual materials is a bit much.

That said, I'd say the skirt is a heavier material, not leather, but heavier than like cloth or felt, but it's definitely red, a brick like red.

D

Deleted member 81859

Well I think the only leather part would be the boots and the belts, but finding thigh-high leather boots of that nature would be really hard, I'd imagine, so I think trying to replicate the actual materials is a bit much.

That said, I'd say the skirt is a heavier material, not leather, but heavier than like cloth or felt, but it's definitely red, a brick like red.
The boots were the first thing we got actually. A very nice and super comfy pair.

D

Deleted member 14134

Her skirt is brown? Do you mean her straps? That's the only piece of leather I can see on her and it's definitely brown leather. Here's the picture I'm using as reference.
wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3.jpg

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Her skirt is brown? Do you mean her straps? That's the only piece of leather I can see on her and it's definitely brown leather. Here's the picture I'm using as reference.
wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3.jpg
:I

Do we gotta do this?
The boots were the first thing we got actually. A very nice and super comfy pair.
Are they thigh-high? I'm actually surprised something like that even exists. Anyways, I think the hair also might be a bit hard. Linkle has a really weird haircut, you can get away with just pulling your hair to the sides, but Linkle's side bangs are actually a lot longer than the rest of her hair, it's super weird.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81859

Anyways, I think the hair also might be a bit hard. Linkle has a really weird haircut, you can get away with just pulling your hair to the sides, but Linkle's side bangs are actually a lot longer than the rest of her hair, it's super weird.
The thing is, Linkle is like looking in a mirror for me. All I have to do is braid my hair, add some eyeliner, and call it good. If you were wondering what I looked like, know you know. My hair is super long tho, so that might become a problem.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
The thing is, Linkle is like looking in a mirror for me. All I have to do is braid my hair, add some eyeliner, and call it good. If you were wondering what I looked like, know you know. My hair is super long tho, so that might become a problem.
I'm sure that helps, I was just trying to say though that Linkle's haircut is weird, the back is as long as like the back of Link's hair while the sides are as long as Zelda's. Braiding you hair will work just fine, I just think the actual design is weird in that area is all.

D

Deleted member 81859

I'm sure that helps, I was just trying to say though that Linkle's haircut is weird, the back is as long as like the back of Link's hair while the sides are as long as Zelda's. Braiding you hair will work just fine, I just think the actual design is weird in that area is all.
Yeah, I was a little worried about that as well. I am either going to attach the hood to my head, or wear a flower crown because **** it I can.

Djinn

and Tonic
8de.jpg

The skirt is absolutely supposed to look like leather. The large lacing holding it together gives that away. I would not think pleather is workable, since that it made to look like shiny veg tanned leather and this is more like suede. But you can get a polyester based that is made to resemble the type of rough suede, it is not shiny and has more of a rough texture(sort of fuzzy). And it functions as a thin fabric.

il_570xN.380215039_js4o.jpg

Just make the skirt out of that stuff as normal like you would with normal fabric, and get a package of these eyelits and run the holes down the sides.

grommet-kit-package.jpg

Then lace it up with some plain old leather lacing which is not expensive at all.

I would think the green cloak is made of the same type of suede since it is thicker and has visible seams. The same polyester come sin that green color as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom