• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington dead

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A lot of 2016's celebrity deaths were oldies which is less shocking but Bennington was only young so it comes as more of a shock. I do like a bit of Linkin Park so I find it is a shame he died and we won't be hearing his voice in new material anymore.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That ****in sucks. First Chris Cornell and now Chester. Both way too young to die. Even worse that it was by suicide. Really wish they would have both gotten help.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
A lot of 2016's celebrity deaths were oldies which is less shocking but Bennington was only young so it comes as more of a shock. I do like a bit of Linkin Park so I find it is a shame he died and we won't be hearing his voice in new material anymore.
And more "old" celebrities will die because it's the unavoidable.

It's very tough to keep on going in a world like he got himself into. Drugs, depression, alcohol, not everybody can carry on. My heart and thoughts are with his family and friends.

This is a shame. I havent really listened to LP since Minutes To Midnight because i didnt really like it. After that they became a band with good songs rather than good albums IMO.
I remember them being rather cool guys though and interviews always showed them as genuine and passionate so its a shame that he has gone at the age and way he has and leaves behind 6 kids.

Big part of my young years just died with him.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Maybe he saw all the memes around his songs and decided it wasn't worth continuing. Still, I'm one of the people that unironically likes his music.

Mido

Version 1
Very sad news, let alone unexpected. Loosely following Linkin Park over the years, I've enjoyed most of their stuff, and Chester was obviously a huge part of it. I wasn't aware of most of his personal demons, which only adds to the sadness of it all. :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Linkin Park was my favourite band during my emo days, and I have never stopped listening to them. This honestly breaks my heart. I've always loved Chester's voice, and while their new album wasn't great, I can really appreciate what they've been trying to do lately.

This was truly unexpected for me to hear. I didn't realize he was going through depression like he was, so the news really lowered my spirits today.

Rip Chester.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm not one of those people that usually feels enough of a connection to a musician to know their names or recognize them if I see them in person.

This sort of reminds me of the time that someone in my class died at school, and the teacher brought in this grief counselor and was too emotional to teach the class. I was very detached about it because I keep to myself so much that I didn't even recognize the girl I'd been in class with every day. I felt horribly out of place, as if I didn't even belong there. I found myself trying to study the textbook on my own, because I couldn't make myself feel anything about someone I didn't feel a connection with, and I couldn't think about anything other than, "Why are we stopping everything? Wouldn't it be easier to just talk about this for a few moments but then try to carry on? Carrying on as if everything is normal and faking it is how most people cope after incidents like this. If you act normal, eventually you start to feel normal again. But if you act sad, you stay sad. I really think the teacher breaking down in particular isn't helping. People look to authority figures as pillars of strength, and tend to feel like everything will be okay if they can remain calm. But when the adult in the room is freaking out, everyone else is even more freaked out because it makes things seem even more out of control or bad." I didn't dare say any of this to anyone, although I did sort of ask the teacher a few questions about the chapter as if hoping to get him composed and back on topic.

But I can honestly say that I'm sad he won't be able to sing for Linkin Park anymore because they had some pretty good music. But it would be dishonest if I said that it affected me on a deeper level than that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom