• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Link Normal or Wall?

I've watched the trailer for ALBWs a few times now and i'm still not sure how I feel about being able to become a moveable drawing on the wall.

i like the idea because it is something new and quirky to the zelda series and adds a touch of interest

BUT

i don't like it because its not something I would have expected to ever be in a zelda game as its just a big leap from all the other games.

I like how nintendo are trying new things but sometimes i think they try too hard to add things in that aren't needed to enhance the ZELDA experience, and try too hard to encourage new people into it but i worry that it will ruin the series for me.

do you think it over complicates the game?

what do you guys think??? :)

Attachments

• LINK.jpg
    LINK.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2
Have you read any reviews or impressions on this game? If not I suggest you do.

OT, I love the new mechanic.

Salem

SICK
The painting mechanic wasn't added as an after thought, the game was built from the ground up around this new mechanic. So it feels natural rather than some boring "add-on" to the game.

I've watched the trailer for ALBWs a few times now and i'm still not sure how I feel about being able to become a moveable drawing on the wall.

i like the idea because it is something new and quirky to the zelda series and adds a touch of interest

BUT

i don't like it because its not something I would have expected to ever be in a zelda game as its just a big leap from all the other games.

I like how nintendo are trying new things but sometimes i think they try too hard to add things in that aren't needed to enhance the ZELDA experience, and try too hard to encourage new people into it but i worry that it will ruin the series for me.

do you think it over complicates the game?

what do you guys think??? :)
Not trying to be condescending in any way whatsoever when I ask this, but I'm wondering how many Zelda games you've played? Nintendo's constantly tried out new mechanics in Zelda games for a long, long time now, so if you've played very many Zelda games I wouldn't be too concerned about the latest quirk ruining the series for you. Maybe you won't like the quirk in that game specifically, but that shouldn't mean a lot as far as your feelings about Zelda as a whole are concerned.

Additionally, most of those quirks still fit in very nicely with the core Zelda gameplay, which has basically remained completely untouched since A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time (both of which are nearly the same but have slightly different versions of it). The wall-merging mechanic is just another way at approaching the environments and traversing between platforms and ledges; it doesn't change the actual gameplay from being Zelda. It's not really much of a leap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom