• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

...Link Has Fists....

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
i think they should just make it so that you can't fight back if you get caught. Getting thrown in jail just by being seen when you don't have a sword is extremely irriatiting, and it would be much better if the enemies just attacked you like normal, forcing you to run away, or use a different method of fighting them with something like the bow or boomerang. but fist fighting? maybe a mini game, but not a whole dungeon

Alar

Clothed in Green
nah i dont want link to use his fists it would ruin the game in my opinion

i would defiantly not use fists it would just ruin the game

Wait, remember the time in TP when you were in Lanyru Cavern, and Lanyru showed you that "warning" about the fused shadows? Well, Imagine link With that stupid grin on his face when he goes and slaps someone... once...twice... three times in the face.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well if the enemies are more tough than the average bokoblins (I would say something tougher than the 2 blade wielding stalfos) he would have to run.

Okay okay wait. If Link loses his sword that means he's losing the Skyward Sword plus his companion!!! What???? How would he lose it??? Enemies and him fight then he suddenly drops his sword in a clash of swords?? Then the enemies run further into the dungeon and Link has to find it??? HUH?????

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
What you have to remember is the sword is not Links only weapon, absence of the sword does not mean link is un-armed. He has many other items that he can use to defend himself with.

You do bring up a interesting thing though, will we see hand to hand combat in SS, probably not, will it ever be emplemented into a Zelda game? No one knows, some would hope, but it would not bother me a bit if you could never ever punch Gannondorf.

RE5

I think itd be nice though, if he has no sword, to have combat counter attacks.

Im thinking of Resdent Evil 4 and 5 when i say this. Maybe an enemy swings at link, he drops and kicks their legs.

Not the best example, but something along these lines.

S

Shika

It would be pretty cool if he learned special attacks (like in TP) that utilized more of his body than the sword. I mean, I guess they DID branch out in WW and TP with the shield bash and such.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
What you have to remember is the sword is not Links only weapon, absence of the sword does not mean link is un-armed. He has many other items that he can use to defend himself with.

You do bring up a interesting thing though, will we see hand to hand combat in SS, probably not, will it ever be emplemented into a Zelda game? No one knows, some would hope, but it would not bother me a bit if you could never ever punch Gannondorf.

Exactly. No one ever said that it would be the first dungeon. People have beaten the firs Zelda without ever getting the sword

J

jora

I like this topic actually:) i think you are correct in all aspects FlatXsharp actually in TP in the sumo it was a slap ( a HARD SLAP) but a slap sumo,s slap each other to death... ANYWAY i think its possible he might be able to wrestle someone to the ground but its also possible that Link uses the elements for him, and uses them to hide or create diversions like MGS or he could throw something or avoid conflict all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom