• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Gets Killed?

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
Since we know that their was a link before skyward sword, He supposedly died in the war alongside the Goddess, do you actually think their will be a game in which Link will get killed off?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Link didn't die alongside the Goddess. Where did you get that notion? He lives afterward so he can start the kingdom of Hyrule with Zelda. Link does die in Ocarina of Time, which leads into the Decline Timeline. (He also lives which leads to the Adult and Child Timeline.) ((Timelines are complicated.))

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Since we know that there was a link before skyward sword, He supposedly died in the war alongside the Goddess,

Excuse me for being a Grammer Nazi. :P Also, since when was this confirmed? I don't think this has ever been stated by Nintendo before.

I doubt there will be. Since we play as Link, how can he be killed off? I really don't think a Zelda game where Link acutally dies is going to happen. I mean, seriously. You can't play as a dead person.

... Unless Link was a ghost! :O Then it would be kind of like how Zelda was in Spirit Tracks! ... Assuming you had that in mind when you posted this thread.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
Well in skyward sword someone mentions, that there had been a hero before the Link of skyloft, and that he had perished alongside the Goddess while fighting Demise.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well in skyward sword someone mentions, that there had been a hero before the Link of skyloft, and that he had perished alongside the Goddess while fighting Demise.

Um, I've played through the entire game several times, and I am very certain no one mentions that. The Goddess was fighting Demise by herself.

The Link in Skyward Sword is the earliest confirmed chronologically. I believe you are confused by the notion of Zelda actually being Hylia in human form, a mortal goddess. As Atticus maintained, the only time Link is confirmed to fall in battle is in Ocarina of Time-but this is only one of three outcomes in the game, the others being Link defeats Ganon and restores balance (what the player experiences when playing the game) or Ganondorf is prevented from rising to power altogether which jump starts the events of Majora's Mask and the Child Timeline. As we find out in A Link to the Past, the sages banished Ganon and his army to the Sacred realm after Link's failure but potent forces under the command of Agahnim aim to bring their leader back.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
ohh well my fault, what about when Zelda gives Link the sailcloth, she said that it symbolizes the one that Hylia gave her Chosen hero in her time?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
ohh well my fault, what about when Zelda gives Link the sailcloth, she said that it symbolizes the one that Hylia gave her Chosen hero in her time?

I always thought that was part of Skyward Sword's time paradox. Zelda, the Goddess, gives Link, the chosen hero, the sailcloth. And Link, the chosen hero, defeats Demise, in the past. This could have altered the present, and affected how people remembered it happening. That's what I always thought. I really don't think there was any kind of hero before Link. Also, no offense, but how could you gather that the previous Link died in battle with Demise from that? There HAD to be some amount of speculation on your part.

You are approaching dangerous theory here but I will attempt to reason this out. The best explanation for this is that the hero Zelda was referring to the Skyward Sword Link. This might seem completely impossible at first glance and yet there is nothing unrealistic about that. After all, Ghirahim heads to the past to revive Demise after his master is defeated in the Imprisoned form by Link and Groose in the present. Therefore Hylia technically knew the same Skyward Sword Link long before the actual events of the game and it's completely possible that she awarded Link the same sailcloth as she is Zelda in the mortal form and Zelda claims to have made the sailcloth herself.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
ah, i understand, sorry for my misunderstanding everyone. Have any of you read the magna of the evennts before skyward sword?

L

Legendary 1998

Maybe this is because when Link travel back to the era of Hylia, his legend is passed down, so there's the legendary harp and the sailcloth..............

ah, i understand, sorry for my misunderstanding everyone. Have any of you read the magna of the evennts before skyward sword?

Hylia's chosen hero as defined by the Skyward Sword manga is non canonical. It is not approved by Nintendo and therefore has absolutely no impact on the timeline as confirmed by the Hyrule Historia. The same can be said of the Waterara race from the Ocarina of Time manga. It should be pointed out, however, that eve in non canonical manga, the chosen hero resembles Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom