• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and Descendants

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Do you think how each link in each game is a descendant, that link is actually a father?
Or by descendant do they mean a reincarnation?
Do you think Link is with princess zelda? That could explain why both keep coming up...
Tell me your thoughts.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I say that each Link is a completely different person who happens to look like Link. As for Link being with Zelda, if Link and Zelda really were together, that would be kinda creepy in my opinion. Wouldn't each Zelda and each Link be like brother and sister? :O

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No it's still possible that each Link is a son to the one before him, I mean evil arises like every generation not every century right? I just don't think that Link and Zelda are together in all the games, because seriously that would be kinda creepy.

Garo

Boy Wonder
No it's still possible that each Link is a son to the one before him,

It isn't, though. Wind Waker's Link cannot be a descendant of the OoT Link (Hero of Time) since he was sent back to the Child Timeline. While it is still possible elsewhere, it has been proven otherwise by the games themselves. The only Links that are descendants are (I believe) the TP Link, ALttP Link and LoZ/AoL Link. I think - I may be wrong on some of those.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

In certain games it makes more sense for him to be a descendant, and in others it makes more sense for him to be a reincarnation or simply an entirely different person. One of the few games where it's definitely more likely for him to not be a descendant of the previous Link is The Wind Waker. The previous Link whose adventures were chronicled in-game could not have had children on the Adult Timeline due to being sent back to the Child Timeline. Plus, the conversation between the King of Red Lions and Jabun specifically refers to the fact that this Link has no relation to the Hero of Time.

In Twilight Princess, however, it's suggested that the Hero's Shade could be the Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and that he is blood-related to the current Link. It holds more ground that Link being a descendant is the case in many of the 2D games like A Link to the Past where the fact that Link begins the game with the green tunic is explained by the concept of him growing up within the lineage of the Hylian Knights.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
In some games it would make sense that he came from the same lineage (ex., OoT Link=Wind Waker Link), but mainly in other games, they are completely different. I think that it is definately possible that TP Link was related to past Links since it was his destiny from birth to become the hero chosen by the gods.

I dunno. I think some Links can be classified as what I'll call "blood descendants" and "spirit descendants". That is to say, some Links are probably of blood relation to other Links, while some others are mere reincarnations (spiritually). I'm not sure, but I think a reincarnation is when a soul is transferred to a new body, but all memories from its past lives are expunged. In most cases for Link, every body his soul inhabits just happens to resemble each other; possibly due to "divine intervention" (mark of the Goddesses e.g. 'the Triforce'?).

Disclaimer: This is all but my opinion; nothing is for certain. :yes:

M

Marcello1

All links are shown to have pure hylian blood though... that's pretty hard to come by later on...

Pen

The game is on!
I believe that the TP Link is a descendant of the OoT/MM Link. The WW/PH Link however, is a reincarnation of some sort of the OoT Link I think. And I have theorized that the ST Link is in fact the son of the WW/PH Link. :)

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
i used to think the Link in WW was a reincarnated OoT link. Ganondorf even says he must be just before you fight him. thing is OoT link was sent back to the child timeline. which means he dies in the CT which means it's impossible for him to be reincarnated in the AT, especially if he is the Hero's shade from TP which is parallel to WW. is there any way to explain it? maybe the developers just didn't think about the timeline when they put that line into the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom