• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lewis and Clark.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
I hope I'm not alone on this, but I'm what one would call a "Lewis and Clark enthusiast." The expedition is inspiring to say the least. What's amazing is the fact that they had only one casualty. R.I.P. Charles Floyd. I also identify with Meriwether Lewis and find myself quite similar to him. Lewis was a man who would often fall into what Thomas Jefferson called "occasional depressions of the mind." Clearly manic-depressive, it took Lewis tremendous willpower to lead 30 something men to the west coast carrying with him the future of his nation. Unfortunately, after the expedition, problems mounted up in Lewis' life. Finally, he committed suicide at an inn south of Nashville on October 11, 1809.:( I've always felt like Meriwether Lewis and I had some sort of kindred spirit sort of thing going on. After all, my mother's maiden name was Lewis. What are your thoughts on the Corps of Discovery?:yes:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have to admit that a rather long and awful school unit on Lewis and Clark jaded me to the entire expedition, and that I never want to really hear about it again. But, it definitely was an incredible journey and invaluable to the US as a country.

Any way you could be related in the distant past? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom