• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Length of the Game

In my opinion TP was a bit too long. I'm hopping that the game will last about 35 to 40 hours with 7 big dungeons and a large amount of smaller dungeon. It's the ideal Zelda length of a Zelda game, making it a large game but preventing it from becoming boring or repetitive.

ALTTP

Vaati wants you
i hope very much it has fewer dungeons. I dont mind games like OoT or ALttP, which both have 9, because their dungeons arnt long and boring.
The main reason I didnt like TP was because of the horrifying lenght, so what im trying to say is i hope SS has around 5-6 dungeons

C

CosmicChan

i hope that skyward sword will be of decent length, i enjoyed TP for just that reason!
nowadays games would do so much better if you got more bang for your buck so to speak
if skyward sword was comparable to TP in length with the MM character interactions as we have been promised i think this could be one of the best zelda games yet

IHNo

The Other Side
Well, I'm always about quality over quantity, so if I had to choose, I'd pick to have a shorter mainquest but a soupload of sidequests. However, I think Nintendo is really going to balance these two aspects out (or try, atleast), since they want to make this one of the best Zeldas, and doing so would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Also, some food for thought - in a recent interview, Aonuma stated that "there's so much volume" to Skyward Sword, neither he "nor Miyamoto have gotten to fully play out every aspect" of the game. If they had, it would have been "wholly done by around E3."
Here's the interview: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...word-story-makes-majoras-mask-comparison.html
It's the very last quote.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Really, as long as the game isn't as long as TP, I'd be fine with length. I thought TP was crazy long (and is one thing I don't really like about it). If the game were around OoT's length, maybe a little longer, I think that would be fine. The number of dungeons don't really matter too much if there's a bunch of other stuff to do (see MM), so I won't 'expect' a certain number, and will just accept whatever they throw at us.

Really, as long as the game isn't as long as TP, I'd be fine with length. I thought TP was crazy long (and is one thing I don't really like about it). If the game were around OoT's length, maybe a little longer, I think that would be fine. The number of dungeons don't really matter too much if there's a bunch of other stuff to do (see MM), so I won't 'expect' a certain number, and will just accept whatever they throw at us.

I'm hoping the game is long. Just because it will keep me busy during Christmas break for college. I just think they will put in some side quests that will take a while.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
I'm hoping the game is long. Just because it will keep me busy during Christmas break for college. I just think they will put in some side quests that will take a while.

Yea but ya know what? No matter what series is it, if it takes FOREVER...you want a break
a break turns into a week
a week turns into 2 weeks and so forth.
You get bored with it sometimes...I hate to see that happen.

Yea but ya know what? No matter what series is it, if it takes FOREVER...you want a break
a break turns into a week
a week turns into 2 weeks and so forth.
You get bored with it sometimes...I hate to see that happen.

I see your point. I'm that way with everything but Zelda. And the main quest will probably be about the length of OoT. Perfect.

Well, for this super secretive and protective guys openly talk that the game is shorter (which is at first glance a drawback), than it should to be really shorter than previous ones. And probably they are talking about the overall length for the average Zelda fan (80% completion, i believe). I guess something about over30hrs for normal player playthrough and 60hrs+ for completionists (and maybe much more for a no FAQ 100%), with 6 to 8 proper dungeons (shorter than TP in average) in it, but having to revisit most of them at least once.

To me it sounds like a good thing, a more concise game (THE way to achieve or surpass OoT, actually), but this leaves me uneasy, because this can turn bad in several ways if we stack with almost confirmed lack of a integrated large Hyrule Field, and may become too short and straight forward. To turn well I guess it must to have some good villages with lots of side and main quest objectives and a I quite big Skyloft area, since you fly pretty fast if it's too small the game will totally lack the sense of freedom and proper world, besides becoming too short.

I

imthewindfish

Well from what we have seen im thinking it will take 30-40 hours depending on your skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom