• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Length of the Game

the first chapter(opening)should take 20 minutes or so then the dungeons should take 1 hour(juging by the sky temple seems long)then from there the dungeon might be 2 or 3 hours then geting there:1 or 2 hours then bosses might take 10-20 minutes

note:the robot thing with 6 arms might be the boss of that ruin we keep seeing and might be 10 minutes long,1 minute for the intro(talking)then the introduncement(10 seconds)the real battle should take 9 and 20 seconds or so

I don't recall Nintendo ever saying the game will be shorter, just smaller. It doesn't have to mean the same thing.

I would rather have a dense game then a long one, simply because the game is a lot more fun in my opinion when there is a lot of things to do other then the main quest. When its just the main quest, when you're done, you're done. There isn't much else to do even when you want to get more out of the game. Even with a long game, its much more rewarding when you have all these choices and you chose to do them, its wonderful to see all who you helped, and to see all the upgrades you got from the side quests. Its just more fun to me!

So I suppose if the game HAD to be either long, or dense, I would hope dense. And from the looks of it, (as it has been confirmed that its more dense then big.) were getting a dense game. But then again, we might have both, as big could just be applying to the fact that we won't have as much land to travel as in TP. But it could be incredibly long.

What they mean is that to get the full game experience, you'll need to do the side quests. I kinda like that

id like 50 sideqeusts such as at a music theater somethings wrong with the cables so you must find out whats wrong using your lanturn(if there is one)its a long tunnel and its dark(not realy only 2 minutes)then a electric robot is sucking the power out use 2 bombs its finished then a guy gives you a piece of heart

Z

zEmini

More dungeons are always better. They are the best part of the game.

All I care about is actually forming a connection with the characters in the game and making the storyline truly amazing. This would usually be achieved by a long game, so indirectly, I am hoping for a long game.

The combat's probably gonna drag it out a bit, though. I say it'll be about 15 hours normal run-through, 20-25 100%.

oh id say about for a playthru/lets play about itd take 15 and a half hours for 80% complete.

You two do realize how short that is? A game of such short length could prove to be the blade Skyward Sword's bane; 15-25 hours is exceedingly short for a game in the Adventure genre in this day and age. The length of an Adventure game is a very important aspect... Not to say the game should be exceedingly long.

I'd say Skyward Sword will be upwards to 30-40 hours long, at the least (for 90%). <--- This would not include combat, learning curve, or speeding through. SS is purported to be shorter, as far as physical places go - probably as to avoid another "massive field/nothing to do" scenario such as has been seen in Twilight Princess - but more dense. This "density" might prove to add length (in terms of time) to the game.

This is but only my opinion, but I know for certain Skyward Sword should be more than a day (24 hrs.), since it is the first true and last Wii Zelda game, and also an origin story. /rant

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You two realize do how short that is? A game of such short length could prove to be the blade Skyward Sword's bane; 15-25 hours is exceedingly short for a game in the Adventure genre in this day and age. The length of an Adventure game is a very important aspect... Not to say the game should be exceedingly long.

I'd say Skyward Sword will be upwards to 30-40 hours long, at the least (for 90%). <--- This would not include combat, learning curve, or speeding through. SS is purported to be shorter, as far as physical places go - probably as to avoid another "massive field/nothing to do" scenario such as has been seen in Twilight Princess - but more dense. This "density" might prove to add length (in terms of time) to the game.

This is but only my opinion, but I know for certain Skyward Sword should be more than a day (24 hrs.), since it is the first true and last Wii Zelda game, and also an origin story. /rant

15 hours is medium in adventure games today. 25 is normal.

15 hours is medium in adventure games today. 25 is normal.

It's hard to explain what I mean, but it has to do with several factors and trends that I've been noticing recently. I'm too lazy to go into detail right now :P. A lot of things stated by Aonuma-chan and Miyamoto-senpai have suggested that Skyward Sword would HAVE to at least be 30-40 hours in length to make what they have said...work. Does that make sense? :S

Like, the obtaining of more interesting items and equipment earlier on, and utilizing them more throughout the entire experience... <--- This alone is a big hint, in my opinion, but I acknowledge it's only my word against yours, and I could be totally wrong :yes:. You, conversely, could be totally right, and we might very well see a game 15-25 hours in length... ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's hard to explain what I mean, but it has to do with several factors and trends that I've been noticing recently. I'm too lazy to go into detail right now :P. A lot of things stated by Aonuma-chan and Miyamoto-senpai have suggested that Skyward Sword would HAVE to at least be 30-40 hours in length to make what they have said...work. Does that make sense? :S

Like, the obtaining of more interesting items and equipment earlier on, and utilizing them more throughout the entire experience... <--- This alone is a big hint, in my opinion, but I acknowledge it's only my word against yours, and I could be totally wrong :yes:. You, conversely, could be totally right, and we might very well see a game 15-25 hours in length... ;)

I see what you're saying, and it makes logical sense, but I just see the "shorter, but more in-depth" thing as, well, exactly what it says. Shorter, but more in-depth. Maybe the shorter thing means 20-25 normally, as the games like WW and TP were pretty long without 100%. But I still say 15 minimum. That's just me, though.

I think I may have had a hard time explaining this myself. When I say length I mean everything including dungeons. Even though Majora's Mask did indeed only have 4 dungeons, they were rather lengthy. Ocarina had several, but they were shorter. TP had plenty of dungeons that were plenty long. But normally when a main quest is a little bit longer, they also have more main game length to add even more sidequests. I don't mind a denser more intimate (for lack of a better term) experience as long as it's fleshed out and has plenty of content to explore. Also I wouldn't mind being done with collection sidequests like the gold skulltulas or the poes. While they can be fun I would definitely like to have a much better reward in the end than infinite rupees I won't be spending.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Am I the only one who expects a more interesting overworld than Twilight Princess? I don't get why people say the game will risk size for density. The current footage shows quite a different thing. It looks kind of like Wind Waker's exploration, but with an up/down added. I probably didn't make it sound very exciting, but that alone to me points at some density.

There's another thing: The space of the Wii idsc. It has more than 4GB while the Gamecube disc had around 1GB. If they really son't put more content here it would be unjustified.

I think it will get both: Some good density in content and a big enough world to hold it in. I don't get why anybody says that one will be sacrificed for the other. And as Caelus below says, the underworld will be summed to that, and the Siren World.

SwS's world is already showing some serious size and variety, and we haven't even seen most of it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom