• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Legend of Zelda: Worlds Collide (Zelda Fan Game)

Legend of Zelda: Worlds Collide (Zelda Fan Game) (E-10+)

So, I'm attempting to make a Zelda fan game. Ganondorf has been given the power to break into Limbo, the Realm Between Dimensions. With this power, he can send his monsters out to attack other worlds. Meanwhile, in Hyrule, the Spiritual Stones have been stolen from the Temple of Time. Link goes to find out what is going on, only to be sent off by Dark Link. Now he must journey to the Mushroom Kingdom and seek help from Mario in order to save all of the realms. However, Link will need to re-retrieve all three Spiritual Stones to end it all, and something even darker then Ganondorf seems to lurk in the shadows.

Rated E-10+ for language.

Currently looking for people who can sprite and make tilesets for the game. I need Metroid, Megaman, and Sonic tilesets along with various graphics from each.

Main Characters
----------------------
Mario
Link
Lucia (an OC of mine for this game)
Shadow the Umbreon
(possibly others)

Screenshots
----------------------

Female Link in the game (it's an optional setting)
\
Hyrule Castle

Hyrule Castle Town

Limbo

Bowser Battler

Video
----------------------
http://www.justin.tv/emilyanncoons/b/283403533

Downloads
----------------------
Demo v3.1
Demo Size: 105.26 MB

Megaupload Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQNCWIGQ
Mediafire Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?o855f1fxvwfat6i

Known Glitches
----------------------
Only runs with the RMXP RTP installed (can be downloaded here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download-rtp.html#xp )

Female Link may cause minor text glitches throughout the game (nothing major)

Please report any glitches you find in the demo! I have a bad habit of not actually testing everything, so it is possible there are still many glitches. So, if you find one, let me know, I really want this game to be as good as it can be ^^

Last edited:

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Nice idea, although a bit (sorry, not trying to be rude here, the following was the only word I could think of to describe it) cheesy (again, sorry, only word I could think of.) I would suggest putting something more "Earthbound" in there :P (yeah, I'm a hypocrite.) Anyways, I'm gonna play the demo. I'll tell you what I think.

Haha, well, it's not meant to be the most original thing in the world so :P Also, I'm kind of working with whatever I can get graphics wise...if someone can help, that would be appreciated, but I'm not running a recruitment topic here lol

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I've tried making my own game, but I can't make sprites at all. Anyways I really like your spites and mapping. I have a copy of RMXP. I'll see if I can play it and give you my feed-back.
EDIT: The link won't work for me.

Thanks, Link, that would be great =D The game just uses standard pixel art, not gifs or anything. Each character set is split into 4 poses with 4 directions, so you generally only have to make a walking animation like that. I am looking to get some emotion pictures, and even cinematic images (not cinematics, just like, a picture I can put up to show the scene going on, if that makes sense).

FirevsIce...umm...it doesn't work for me either...but if I give it about 10 seconds it redirects me to it...did you wait a moment to see if it would redirect? If so, what error are you getting so I can see what I can do? I don't really know of a good free file uploading place...so I don't know where else to post it except maybe megaupload, and people hate that place x.x

Firice da Vinci

FirevsIce...umm...it doesn't work for me either...but if I give it about 10 seconds it redirects me to it...did you wait a moment to see if it would redirect? If so, what error are you getting so I can see what I can do? I don't really know of a good free file uploading place...so I don't know where else to post it except maybe megaupload, and people hate that place x.x
It directs me, but to a blank screen and says "RapidPro Expired."

Yeah, I'm getting that, too, but then it redirects me to the file...I'll upload it to megaupload so you can download it.

EDIT: Megaupload mirror added to the downloads.

Last edited:

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Emily, if you could PM me some of the sprites you need emotions for, I could give them emotions. I know what you're talking about with cinematic images, and I could do that too. Again, just PM me the images, and I'll get them all fixed up for you. :)

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply, my computer was turned off when you posted that.:sweat:

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Jeez, the demo is insanely hard! Although I do like the battle system, You may want to shorten the time it takes for the player to recharge, or lengthen the time it takes for the enemies to recharge. Does that battle system come default with RPG Maker? (Sorry, ADHD mind. :/ )

EDIT: Sorry, this post is not meant to be taken offensively, it's just kinda my own personal brand of constructive criticism. Just saying.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Jeez, the demo is insanely hard! Although I do like the battle system, You may want to shorten the time it takes for the player to recharge, or lengthen the time it takes for the enemies to recharge. Does that battle system come default with RPG Maker? (Sorry, ADHD mind. :/ )
I agree. The first boss completely destroyed me. The battle system comes with a script. I've noticed some other things.
1. You can walk through some trees.
2. It's not very obvious on how to leave certain areas. You might want to make a path or hallway to make it easier on the player.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Hey, I found that a few buildings and some other things can be walked on, and I don't think you should be able to do that. Could that be fixed? Thanks.

(Again, my brand of constructive criticism.)

EDIT: Darn it, FirevsIce beat me to it!

Jeez, the demo is insanely hard! Although I do like the battle system, You may want to shorten the time it takes for the player to recharge, or lengthen the time it takes for the enemies to recharge. Does that battle system come default with RPG Maker?

Well, I could change the agility of the characters around a bit. It is supposed to be hard, but not overly difficult. It's the reason that I gave Lucia Heal, Banshen, and Meditate. Using those three skills properly makes it super easy. Banshen increases your defense to the point where the Limbo bats can't even hurt you, and Meditate can be used between every battle to restore Lucia's SP. And, no, this battle system doesn't come default with the system...it's actually a system that was made by someone else, I think cogwheel, but I don't remember. The original RMXP battle system sucks XD

I agree. The first boss completely destroyed me. The battle system comes with a script. I've noticed some other things.
1. You can walk through some trees.
2. It's not very obvious on how to leave certain areas. You might want to make a path or hallway to make it easier on the player.
Awesome, I needed that info. Can you supply screenshots or give me the whereabouts of these glitches? I can't really fix it if I don't know where they are ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom