• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Seven Year Story

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I hope to keep this one going for a long time, as it is a campaign that I am doing for d&d. There are 5 writers in this, and I will name them. Me, and the rest are on another site. Belebras, Guido_Ca, Baronfel, and joran1313. Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link has been woken as the hero of destiny by the great Deku Tree. The Deku Tree sent him a new companion to aid him on his quest, Navi the fairy. After finding his sword and get himself a sheild made from the bark of the Deku Tree himself, Link ventured to the tree. There, he was given a test, defeat the evil's an evil Wizard put inside of him. With courage, Link went inside. Solving puzzles, obtaining new items, and fearlessly fighting foes, Link destroyed the evil Ghoma, and learned the legend of Hyrule.

Before life began, before the world had form, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage.

Din, with her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land to create the earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth to give the spirit of law to the world. Farore’s rich soul created all life forms who would uphold the law.

These three great goddesses returned to the heavens, leaving behind the golden sacred Triforce.

After Link was told this tale, he was given the spiritual stone of the forest. It was too late for the Great Deku Tree, but he told Link what he needed to know, and sent him to Hyrule Castle to find the princess. After a day's travel, Link made it to the castle town market. Behind the market stood the castle. There, he met a young girl by the name of Malon. after helping Malon find her father, the owner of Lon Lon Ranch, Link ventured into the courtyards of the castle.

He had to sneak past gaurds to find the princess, but when he did, he was welcomed. Zelda had a vision of Link holding the spiritual stone, coming from the direction of the forest. She told him of her dream, and what she thought it meant. After some talking, she showed him the "Dark clouds" in her dream. They spyed on Gannondorf, the Gerudo king. Zelda new he was up to no good, and sent him to find the last two stones.

"Impa. I fear that by the time Link gets the last stone, it will be too late. Gannondorf, the dark clouds in my vision, will begin his attack soon. Take these letters to the strongest of the land. I'll make preparations for our escape if Gannon attacks early." Zelda paced her room as she spoke to Impa.

Impa lingered for a moment. "Do you really trust Link to find all three? Maybe I should check his progress." she said

Zelda stopped and looked out of her window. "He is our only hope. He will save Hyrule. Go check so we know how much longer we have."

Impa followed Link to Death Mountain. He was very poorly equipped, with just his sword, sheild, slingshot, and other small items he carried with him. As soon as he went into Goron Village, Impa went into Dodongo's cavern and placed a bomb bag full of bombs for him to find. Impa left quickly to report to Zelda.

When Impa returned to the castle, she couldn't find Zelda.After asking around, she finally found Zelda in the Temple of Time. Zelda was standing in front of the altar where the three spiritual stones go to help open the Door of Time. She notices Impa's presence and turns around quickly. "Impa, I need you to put an enchantment on the Ocarina of Time. I need it to give Link a vision when he first touches it. There is an important peice of the puzzle that I will not be able to tell him."

Impa stared suprisingly at Zelda. "But Zelda, the boy is making great time. He has no doubt entered the cavern by now. Is Gannon really that close to attacking?"

"Yes." Responded Zelda. "Hurry. We need to get this message in here."

"He has Gotten the third stone"

"Good, Lets get back to the courtyard. Link should be here soon." They began to leave Zelda's room, and as they did so, they saw one of the castle gaurds dying on the floor. Impa leaned him against the wall "What's happened"

The gaurd began speaking, slowly due to his injuries. "Gannondorf....He's...He's killed the k...King...He brought...an army. Dark creatures. Stalfos, Lizafos, and the...Gerudo tribe. Zelda...you must....must escape."

"We'll take you with us." Zelda began to try and help the gaurd up. "You can't stay here."

"No. I must stay. Must fight." but the gaurd's head begins to rest on his chest, his eyes close, and his breathing stops. Zelda and Impa run from the spot, passing those fighting to protect them. All around them, Hylian soldiers are falling and the stalfos are slowly out numbering them. Then, Gannondorf comes down the stairs from the direction of the King's chamber.

"Zelda!" Gannon's voice boomed through the hall. "I will have your triforce just like I have your father's" As he said this, he began to follow Zelda and Impa.

[video=youtube;v3FSsNA78iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI&list=FLzZJ3Ho1C0vqIVRMJ1HcqgQ&index=5&feature=plpp[/video]

You have arived in Clock town in the middle of Termina. This is Zeld'a hiding spot. You all received a letter telling you to come here. In the letter, you were told to tell the inn keeper your reason for being there, and you would be directed to the right place. As you go upstairs to the rooms of the Inn, you notice that there are others waiting outside one particular door. "She will be with you when she's ready." said the Inn Keeper as she left you to talk with those waiting

TheRoom is the best room in the Inn, not including the room for the owners. It has three sets of bunk beds, a wardrobe, a fireplace, and a table in the middle with chairs around it. The glow from the fire is lighting the room, along with the light coming from the window in the side of the room. There isn't much light though, as it is nearly nightfall. If you were to look out of the window, you would see carpenters packing up their equipent, and the mailman making his last runs around the town. on the table is a bit of parchment with a drawing of the triforce on it. you also notice a treasure chest in the corner of the room, along with a barrel marked "Deku nuts". An Ocarina lays in one of the top bunks, and a small harp on the bunk below it. Further inspection of the beds and you'd feel they are actually quite comfortable, and they seem to be kept in good condition. There are also some decent sized jars on the ground but they don't seem to be used for anything

Teera smiles around the room, looking at the strange gathering. "So a Zora, a Goron, a forest child, and a Gerado enter a hotel."

Knocking on the top of the 'Deku Nuts' barrel, Jaxus says "Think it's really full of nuts?"

"No idea, I'm more curious to know how they protect their pots. The ones we have in Zora's Domain are always being smashed. Maybe for good reason, i saw a young forest boy find a few rupees inside some of them. I'm Teera by the way, a traveling minstral by trade."

Ruby steps into the room, not first but certainly not last and the order suits her. She wears her usual smile on her broad, orangish goron face. Open and inviting, she is looking forward to this meeting. Her clan has always had strong ties with the royal family of Hyrule and if the letter she received is truthful then Ruby will get her chance to help.

The somewhat androngenous looking Goron finds one of the bunks to settle down on. Throwing her pack and weapons at the end of the bed, Ruby relaxes as best she can. She laughs at the zora's opening joke, holding her round belly with both meaty palms and belting out a few guffaws. If she were a little quicker of wit Ruby might respond with something about water breathing zora's fetching a drink but fortunately her politeness over rules.

"I'm Ruby Gloom," she says with a smile in response to Teera. "I'm what you might call 'muscles for hire'." Although big and round and not your typical muscle builder, you get the impression that Ruby can back up her claim. Despite the general roundness of her race there are muscles a plenty on the goron. In fact, she weighs so much that the sturdy bunk bed is already creaking underneath her. "I call top bunk," she says with a smile. "Were you all requested to come here as well?"

Still next to the barrel, Jaxus bows low and lights one of his fingers, saying "Jaxus, pyromancer at your service. Or, rather, at the service of whomever sent the letter that is. When do you think our mysterious employer will show themselves?"

He leaves the bird skull helmet/mask on throughout.

Walking in behind the others, a short, well-armed, yet poorly armored, little girl with a pair of googles on her spikey red hair waves her letter around and seems slightly out of breath like she just arrived. "I know who it is! Phew! I hope I'm not too late! Where she is is another matter though!" Pointing to the seal on the letter, "See this! Its the royal seal of hyrule! Though I've seen it only once before briefly."

Stopping to catch her breath, "Hi! I'm Rose!" she says cheerily!

Ruby raises one eyebrow as Rose exuberantly runs around the room. Feeling tired just watching the tiny kokiri, Ruby settles back on the bed and puts her hands behind her head. Ignoring the creaks of the wooden bed as she shifts her weight, Ruby takes in the other 3 strangers. Perhaps we all could have used more caution but that doesn't seem to be in our nature. Ruby smiles at that thought. She is glad that she isn't about to be mixed in with a bunch of 'doubting Debbies.'

"It is indeed the seal," says the goron in response to the excitable Rose. "Now the real question is just what exactly the request of our presence is for." Ruby stretches out and yawns but resists the urge to curl up into a ball. She makes an effort of scanning the room with her eyes before saying, "Clearly we aren't about to be invited into some royal party way out here. Especially after I heard rumors about troubles in the palace," admits Ruby.

She looks around at the others to see if they have heard anything about it. "I was wandering around on the edges of Hyrule and closer to Termina when I received my letter. Can anyone tell me about what is happening there? What about Death Mountain," she asks with a little worried curiosity.

Jaxus douses his fire and says "Don't look at me, I'm from here. I've only ever heard stories of Hyrule."

The door to the room opens and two figures are standing there. "The castle was attacked by the Gerudo king, Ganondorf. As for death mountain, I have not yet scouted the area. Though that will not be my job." You are not quite sure who the figure speaking to you is, except the person who gave you your letters. The child standing next to her is familiar though, even though she isn't wearing her normal dress, you recognize her as princess Zelda.

"I'm glad you guys could make it." She looks at Rose with a very friendly smile on her face. "Another forest child. I wasn't expecting that." She then takes a look at Ruby. "Thank you for coming to help the royal family, as your kind have done so much in the past." Then to Teera "And you too, as your tribe are conected to us as well." When she looks at Jaxus however, the smile is greater. "I thank you most though. You are proof that the Gerudo aren't all bad, and by helping us, you will be helping your tribe, and the tribe in Hyrule as well. I am suprised that there is another male Gerudo though."

After addressing all of you personally, Zelda goes back downstairs. Not sure what she is up to, you are left with her aid. The aid oves over to the treasure chest and takes out some of it's contents. A few scrolls are lain upon the table. One is a map of Clock Town, the other is Hyrule. some of the other scrolls however, have a form of hylian that you do not recognize.

Jaxus mutters darkly "maybe Ganondorf is over a hundred years old."

He's a little abashed that his disguise has so far fooled absolutely no one.

Rose looks perplexed as Zelda addresses Jaxus. Nonetheless, as Zelda leaves the room, Rose goes over to look at the scrolls that are laid out.

"What are they? And why are we here?"
Impa looks up from her scrolls. "These? Well they are clues. As to why you are here, I suspect you all want to help the royal family in some way. It's a shame that it is no longer a matter of helping the royal family. What have you all heard of Ganondorf?"

"Ganondorf? I can't say that sounds familiar. Though Jaxus I think said something like that earlier. What do the clues lead to?' Teera peers over Rose to stare at the scrolls trying to make heads or tales of them.

Feeling deeply uncomfortable, Jaxus says with a shrug "He's the king of the Gerudo, supposedly. Some kind of shadow caster. We never talked about him much."

If he knows more he's too shy to say it.

"He's very bad and a forest killer!" Which is about as much as Rose truely knows about him.

Ruby sits up when the princess of Hyrule steps within the room. She has travelled to Hyrule Castle before and has seen the young child from the back of a crowd of Hylians. She recognizes the child, although not her guide, and gets up off of the bed. Ignoring the threatening creaks and groans from the wooden bed, Ruby stands up and turns to address the princess. Upon receiving a personal greeting the big goron smiles and nods her head in response. "Of course, Highness."

The warrioress is a little surprised when the princess comes in and leaves so quickly. She had heard about the troubles with the Gerudo king pestering the Hylian royals. Her entire clan had but nobody had expected the man to do much about it. Yet from the look on the face of the princess and what she has said already is dire indeed.

Having little left to do Ruby moves over to join the others in perusing the maps. The goron must admit that aside from being pretty pictures they don't mean much to her. Her skills lay in other areas than figures and writings. "Is it true then," she asks of Impa. "Has the gerudo king attacked the Castle? Was it bad," she enquires with worry on her face. Although she isn't privy to the reasons, Ruby knows that her clan has always worked with the Hylian Royals. It unsettles her that anyone would harm those that have become friends of the clan.

Impa rolls her srolls up. She seems to be done reading them, as she puts them back into the chest. "Well I'm glad that at least one of you knows something. Yes. Ganondorf has attacked and taken Hyrule castle. He has also killed the king and taken his part of the triforce. We have someone working with us that Rose may know. Would you care to take a guess at who that is?"

Rose's eyes lighting up as she remember's who Impa is talking about, "Its that boy from our village isn't it!? It's..it's..it's..Link right? Is he going to be able to get the triforfce back?"

"The king was killed and the triforce taken," asks Ruby with both shock and astonishment clear on her face. Clearly the thought that anything so horrible could have actually happened never occured to the over large goron. As her brain slowly digests what Impa has said the Goron realizes that her mouth has dropped open. She closes it with a click before any flies find their way inside and then her brows knit together with a frown. The frown carries on in her face, pulling towards anger and Ruby even lifts her hands and smacks a fist into open palm.

"Why that dirty, rotten, no good Gerudo," she says angrily. A growl builds within the goron's chest that slowly begins to work its way out. Ruby's anger rises until she processes exactly what the repercussions of the slain king and a stolen triforce piece will mean. Upon comprehension the growl disappears to be replaced by a worried look on the big woman's face. "Oh dear oh dear oh dear," she mumbles as hands raise up to bite at her nails.

"This is not good," she says needlessly to the people in the room. "Has someone notified Chief Darunia," she wonders aloud. The news will hit the goron tribe on Death Mountain particularly hard. That thought is enough to toughen Ruby's spine a bit and she settles down a little. She eventually realizes that the princess must be here in hiding and that she will be asking for Ruby's help in stopping the Gerudo King. "What can we do to help," she asks right behind Rose's own question.

Jaxus, the lone Gerudo in the room, just does his best not to be noticed. He's not particularly thrilled by Gannondorf's actions, which will only benefit the king of thieves and the Hyrulian Gerudo, if that. For the rest, like his sisters and aunts and nieces here in Termina, it is just going to make things harder. He can't help but wonder what Gannondorf plans to do with the triforce though.

"Yes. Link is his name. He has gone missing as well. We have ideas as to where he might be, but can't be sure." at that moment, Zelda came back to the group with a tray of food.
"Impa, there is more food downstairs if you could get it please. I can tell them more." Impa went downstairs and brought the rest o the food up. There were cuccoos, cow, fish, and a bunch of other foods for you to eat. For Ruby, rocks from death mountain. "I'm not sure what's going on at death mountain. I got those when Impa told me who she gave letters to that's how I knew you were Gerudo." she said and pointed at Jaxus. "Link is very underequipped for the task that he will be doing when he gets back. We know where the items he needs are, but don't know where the temples are, and we want to set up ways for him to go from temple to temple easily. Your job is three parts. One, find the equipment that link will need. Two, find each temple and place it's item in the temple. Three, create a song at the entrance to each temple so that link can travel to them easily."

Jaxus shakes his head in annoyance and says "So we are going to be playing fetch for some forest kid? What so important about this Link character anyway?"

At the sight of the Death Mountain rock smorgasbord Ruby surges forward, excitement painted on her face. Her hands flop out to the side creating a hazard for anyone standing too close and her heavy footfalls thump down on the inn floor threatening to crush kokiri and deku alike. Grabbing up the rocks, Ruby begins to greedily push them into her mouth. "MMmmmfff, Deaf Mountan rwcks!" Unfortunately, Ruby's exuberance causes her to miss some of what the princess has shared.

Jaxus' question makes no sense so the goron gets a repeat of what was said. She frowns upon hearing of the task. In her mind she can't help but wonder why they would gather items and then just leave them laying around where just about anyone could take them. Wouldn't it be easier to just give them to this forest boy, she wonders to herself. Hardly one to gainsay the royal family of Hyrule, Ruby doesn't bother to voice her thoughts. Instead she listens while nodding her head to show acceptance of the task.

"Of course Princess, whatever you need of me," she accepts. "Just let me know what you need getting and I'll get it for you...for this Link. I'll even play some songs if you like," she says with a smile as she remembers the fancy guitar stowed in her overlarge pack. "Best to right down the details for us though because I ain't promising to remember the whole list," says the goron with an abashed shrug.

"Link is the child of destiny spoken of in many legends of hyrule. He is said to be able to hold the master sword and destroy Ganondorf with it. Sadly, he disappeared when he pulled the sword, and we do not know when he'll come back." Impa grabbed some food for hersel and sat down. "I would take on this task myself, but there are a few things keeping me from it. I need to train zelda so that when Link comes back, she will not be noticed while giving him the information he needs."

"Now I'm going to give you a list of items. You can find them in any order you want. I will also tell you about rumoured locations of the temples. If you aren't ready to do either of these yet, I'm sure you can find something to do here in Clock town. So what would you like to here about first.?"

"Oooh, the temples," blurts out Ruby. In the back of her mind she is going over the fact that Impa has revealed the locations are secret. That means nobody has been there in a while. Which also means they should be relatively unexplored. Which also means there should be all kinds of delicious rocks there, decides the goron. Although Ruby doesn't let on what is motivating her, the dreamy look of desire on her eyes as she devours the last of the Death Mountain rocks gives her away.

Of course, a rational sort of person might elect to find the items. After all, what would be the point of running off to find a hidden temple then leaving to go and collect and item to stash there. But the big girl isn't really the most rational, logical type of person. The situation does not seem to impress its seriousness on Ruby and thus she treats it with a bit of ambivalence. "Yes, the temples would be nice to find," says Ruby.

Despite the desire to go in search of delectible dishes, Ruby would be lieing to herself if she said she wasn't interested in the items. There might be something really neat or important to find that could grab the happy goron's attention. "Maybe the items," she says suddenly. Her brow creasing with indecision, Ruby asks, "What are the items that need to be found?"

Thinking not entirely kind thoughts about this supposed 'child of destiny' but also that once he knows where these items of power are it won't be that hard to go back and fetch them himself, Jaxus replies "Yeah, ok. What do we start with?"

" What you start with is up to you. You need to find, the fairy bow, the megaton hammer, iron boots, hover boots, and lastly the mirror shield. What else would you like to hear about?"

"Oooh, the megaton hammer," says Ruby excitedly. She begins jumping back and forth from right to left leg while clapping her hands together. A smile spreads across her smile and her black eyes crinkle with glee. "That I've heard of in Goron legends. It was said to be needed to defeat the fire dragon Volvagia. Certainly that is an item of power," shares the goron as she continues to leap, seemingly unaware of the tremble in the floor below her.

Once she finally settles, likely to the great relief of anyone on the first floor, Ruby will enquire into the location of the hammer. "The legends mainly speak about what it is and did but not where it is. Do you have some information? Are there any items that you think are closer together," she asks of Impa. Certainly it would be better if the group can gang up and get two close together items if possible.

Although she won't admit it the bow and boots don't sound that interesting to Ruby. The bow sounds rather...fairy after all and she associates anyone that would use it as being a bit of a sissy. Boots are boots and really a waste of time for anyone that does some serious travelling in their bare feet. The soles of Ruby's feet are so covered in calluses she could likely walk across a bed of coals while barely feeling it. The mirror shield does sound exciting though.

Rose's eyes light up at the list of items. Each one is a potent item in its own right. But after settling down after Ruby's excitment, Rose waits and listens to what Impa has to say about the different items.

"We know that the items aren't too close to each other, and the paths to them are clear of danger. What we also know is that there will be a few puzzles and some monsters in the areas the items are at. It shouldn't be too difficult. Anything else?"

"Where is the closest item at? and which one is it? I think its the one we should probably go for first!"

"The mirror sheild is closest, at two days journey away. If you were to search out the temples first, you'd need to do a 40 day journey."

"Forty days," exclaims Ruby. Her deep voice is loud but fortunately the low timbre keeps it from hurting the ears. "Ooooohhhh," she moans before settling down. Clearly the prospect of such a long travel is unsettling and uninteresting. But when she thinks about the mirror shield being only 2 days away Ruby cheers up.

In fact, the goron finds herself hoping that all the items are within the same general area. If they are close they can collect the items first. Once that is done they can then take them to the temples where they can be safely stored and guarded by the temple denizens. "I guess it is the mirror shield after all," says Ruby while nodding to Rose's suggestion.

"Perhaps you should just tell us where the items are in order of closeness," suggest the Goron to the Shiekah. "That way we can just go collect them in order rather than having to return here." Ruby then pauses to wonder if that is exactly what Impa and the Princess want. It would be far easier to keep track of their progress in that way. Nor would all of the items be lost should the group meet some kind of trouble they can't handle.

The items aren't close together. The quickest way to each is coming back through here. You guys notice this as Impa pulls out a map with the locations. "Here they are. We aren't sure what tasks are ahead of you for the items, but we'd like them to be taken back here.

Zelda turns to you all. If there is nothing else to ask, then you can explore clock town before you head out. I have more training she says with a groan

Jaxus nods and says "Alright, long as we know where we are going." He's been looking forward to exploring the town actually. It will be the first place he's been that's not full of sisters, aunts, cousins, and other female relations.

"Mind if we get a copy of that," asks Ruby while gesturing at the map. She walks over to her pack and pulls our a wrinkled, well worn piece of vellum. Grabbing a hunk of charcoal she returns and settles in to quickly start scribing the rough details of the map. Upon finishing she will bunch the map back up and stuff it into her pack.

Seeing that Jaxus is itching to explore town Ruby will shrug and make ready to follow. She has little better to do, although stopping to shop and explore wasn't her ideal plan. "I'll tag along," she tells the tall, red haired gerudo while shouldering her pack. As far as Ruby is concerned she has everything she needs and is more than willing to set out for the mirror shield right now.

But alas, things don't always go her way.

"Well let me know when we are ready to go for the shield. I'll be right here!" and with that Rose sits down and digs out what seems to be an unfinished....well no one knows what it really is! And after some fiddling with it, it seems neither does Rose as it promptly falls apart! Giving a hefty sigh for one as small as she is, she reaches down and picks up the parts and attempts to put it all together again.

Giving another sigh as a spring goes flying across the room, Rose looks at the others, "I'll definitely be here for a long while until we are ready to go!" and then goes to retrieve her wayward spring.

Jaxus, excited to see something other than the Iron Fortress, is eager to take in the town.

"I find myself eager to set out in search of these items," admits Ruby to Jaxus as they head out the door. She waves to Rose as the little Kokiri scrambles to recover scattered pieces of...something. "Just what was it you had in mind to do in town," asks the goron as she closes the door. The myriad of weapons flap about in the scabbards as Ruby walks and she uses her muscular arms to hold them in place when they make too much noise. But given the number of weapons her hands are constantly going between greatsword on her shoulder, halberd on her back, warhammer on the belt, and a few daggers.

"Although not particularly nourishing I've recently developed a taste for the drink called beer," admits the goron a little sheepishly. "If interested we could find us a keg to split," she says while rubbing her bare belly and licking her thick lips. Being a stranger in town a drinking establishment would likely be a good place to gather some information on what to do around town. Or who to talk to, thinks Rose to herself.

Not quite ready to admit he's never been anywhere from home, Jaxus shrugs and says "I don't know, what's around here?"

Aman walks up to the two of you as he hears you aren't sure what thre is to do in the town. "I know this town very well."

happy-mask-salesman.jpg

Eyeing the rather creepy looking merchant with caution, Jaxus replies "That's great, uh, sir. Maybe you could tell us what places we should be sure to visit?" Or where your shop is so we can be sure to skip it, he mentally adds.

"The milk bar is right across the street. The clock tower is a nice place to go inside as well. And there is a bomb shop if you want explosives. Oh, and welcome to my Shop. I am the Happy mask Salesman. I am in search of a mask right now actually. Could you help me find it?" He looks at you, his smile never ending

Horrified but somehow unable to look away, Jaxus is becoming mesmerised but the twisted rictus that serves the mask merchant as a smile. As though unaware of what he is saying, he responds "What kind of mask? Where did you lose it?"

Ruby watches Jaxus talk with the merchant deciding to hold her peace for the moment. She instead scans the heavy pack on the man's back that appears to be weighted down under the combined mass of many masks. So what if he lost a mask, she thinks to herself, he has plenty. Ruby does not seem to share the reservations that her friend seems to have. She has always been an open, exuberant, talkative person. The norm for Gorons really. So as the merchant smiles, so too does Ruby and she feels welcomed by the merchant.

"That Milk Bar sounds nice," says Ruby while elbowing the tall but lithe man beside her. But she appears to be too late as Jaxus is already getting into details about the missing mask. With a shrug, Ruby settles in for the long haul and gives the merchant her full attention. "And whats in it for us if we help you find it," she adds to the disguised Gerudo's own questions. She doesn't say it but Ruby feels like they are already busy on a search and find quest and helping a merchant out of the goodness of her heart doesn't sit well with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is all we have at the current point in time

Libk

This is all we will have for a bit of time. It is a campaign on a forum, so there isn't as much post as I like. Hopefully we will be in the first dungeon by next week

As promised, I looked over your story and made some corrections to it if you don't mind.
The things I edited is in red bold
I hope to keep this one going for a long time, as it is a campaign that I am doing for d&d. There are 5 writers in this, and I will name them. Me, and the rest are on another site. Belebras, Guido_Ca, Baronfel, and joran1313. Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link has been woken as the Hero of Destiny by The Great Deku Tree. The Deku Tree sent him a new companion to aid him on his quest, Navi the fairy. After finding his sword and getting himself a sheild made from the bark of the Deku Tree himself, Link ventured to the tree. There, he was given a test - defeat the evil's curse and evil Wizard put inside of him. With courage, Link went inside. Solving puzzles, obtaining new items, and fearlessly fighting foes, Link destroyed the evil Ghoma and learned the legend of Hyrule.

Before life began, before the world had formed, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power. Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom. And Farore, the Goddess of Courage.

Din, with her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land to create the earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth to give the spirit of law to the world. Farore’s rich soul created all life forms who would uphold the law.

These three great goddesses returned to the heavens, leaving behind the golden sacred Triforce, marking the spot where they left.
After Link was told this tale, he was given the Spiritual Stone of the Forest. It was too late for the Great Deku Tree, but he told Link what he needed to know, and sent him to Hyrule Castle to find the princess. After a days travel, Link made it to the Castle Town Market. Behind the market stood the castle. There, he met a young girl by the name of Malon. After helping Malon find her father, the owner of Lon Lon Ranch, Link ventured into the courtyards of the castle.

He had to sneak past gaurds to find the princess, but and when he did, he was welcomed. Zelda had a vision of Link holding the spiritual stone, coming from the direction of the forest. She told him of her dream, and what she thought it meant. After some talking, she showed him the "dark clouds" in her dream. They spyed on Gannondorf, the Gerudo king a mysterious Gerudo. Zelda knew he was up to no good, and sent him Link to find the last two stones.

"Impa. I fear that by the time Link gets the last stone, it will be too late. Gannondorf, the dark clouds in my vision, will begin his attack soon. Take these this letters to the strongest of the land. I'll make preparations for our escape if Gannon attacks early." Zelda paced her room as she spoke to Impa.

Impa lingered for a moment. "Do you really trust Link to find all three? Maybe I should check his progress." she said

Zelda stopped and looked out of her window. "He is our only hope. He will save Hyrule. Go check so we know how much longer we have."

Impa followed Link to Death Mountain. He was very poorly equipped, with just his sword, sheild, slingshot, and other small items he carried with him. As soon as he went into arrived at Goron Village, Impa went into Dodongo's Cavern and placed a bomb bag full of bombs inside for him to find. Impa left quickly to report to Zelda.

When Impa returned to the castle, she couldn't find Zelda. After asking around, she finally found Zelda in the Temple of Time. Zelda was standing in front of the altar where the three spiritual stones go to help open the Door of Time. She notices Impa's presence and turns around quickly. "Impa, I need you to put an enchantment on the Ocarina of Time. I need it to give Link a vision when he first touches it. There is an important peice of the puzzle that I will not be able to tell him."

Impa stared suprisingly at Zelda. "But Zelda, the boy is making great time. He has no doubt entered the cavern by now. Is Gannon really that close to attacking?"

"Yes," responded Zelda. "Hurry. We need to get this message in here."

"He has gotten the third stone"

"Good, Lets get back to the courtyard. Link should be here soon."

They began to leave Zelda's room, and as they did so, they saw one of the castle gaurds dying on the floor. Impa leaned him against the wall.

"What's happened"

The gaurd began speaking, slowly due to his injuries.

"Gannondorf....He's...He's killed the k...King...He brought...an army. Dark creatures. Stalfos, Lizafos, and the...Gerudo tribe. Zelda...you must....must escape."

"We'll take you with us." Zelda began to try and help the gaurd up. "You can't stay here."

"No. I must stay. Must fight."

But the gaurd's head begins to rest on his chest, his eyes close, and his breathing stops. Zelda and Impa run from the spot, passing those fighting to protect them. All around them, Hylian soldiers are falling and the Stalfos are slowly out numbering them. Then, Gannondorf comes down the stairs from the direction of the King's Chamber.

"Zelda!" Gannon's voice boomed through the hall. "I will have your Triforce just like I have your father's!"

As he said this, he began to follow Zelda and Impa.

[video=youtube;v3FSsNA78iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI&list=FLzZJ3Ho1C0vqIVRMJ1HcqgQ&index=5&feature=plpp[/video]

I have edited this much so far, I will try to edit more tomorrow or later tonight. One thing I noticed is that you put two "N's" in Ganondorf spelling it Gannondorf. I have corrected this and want to let you know this in the near future. I have high expectations for this story and hope you will continue this.
Your pal,
~ ZeldaHunter

Last edited:

Libk

lolol. I hate my computer officially. Those tiny little things that I messed up on, the letters and commas, my computer's fault. It likes to forget to put the letter in even if i hit the key for it. Thanks for doing that.

Libk

The story, before the characters started playing, got a person who originally wasn't interested, interested. I am very proud of it.

Libk

Continuation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looks at you and his smile is still there. It's almost as if he is wearing a mask himself. He reaches into his back pack and pulls out a picture. "This is the mask I'm looking for. It is called Majora's mask. If you help me find it, I'll give you one of my own power masks

Jaxus shrugs, throwing off some of the compulsion, and says "I've already got a mask, right here" and he taps the bone and leather headgear he wears.

Still, it is tempting. Maybe the man has more powerful masks. He certainly seems like he could deal with dark powers to get them. He says "What's so special about this Majora mask anyway?"

When Jaxus responds Ruby simply nods her head along in agreement. The little group already has a task to search and find and it was given to them by none other than the princess of Hyrule! Ruby is willing to keep her eyes out for this Majora Mask but she likely won't put much effort into it. But Jaxus brings up a good point as well and it leaves Ruby to wondering.

I wonder what his masks can do, she wonders to herself. A mask of power certainly sounds interesting depending on what they can do. Nodding along, Ruby awaits the reply of the mask merchant. She assumes right away that any mask they might be interested is likely far too costly to purchase. After all, the goron's pockets are nearly empty. She was saving the last of her rupees in order to have a place to stay.

"While your at it what does your mask of power do," she asks of the merchant. "And I assume you have some kind of a lead for us to look into," she queries. The man can't just expect us to work with nothing after all, she decides.

"Majora's mask is a very dangerous, and very powerul mask. It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask. According to legend... the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great... the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power..." He stops for a few moments, but he never stopped smiling during his explanation of the mask.

"I want to find this mask to keep it from going into the wrong hands. In return, I have three masks for you to choose from, or rupees if you prefer them. I have This blast maks, this gibdos mask, and finally this mask of truth. All have special properties. One explodes, one allows you to hide from the dead, and one lets you know the truth."

Intrigued, though not at all sure he believes the disturbing merchant, Jaxus listens intently, but get's hung up on a detail and asks "Wait, if this Blast Mask blows up, why would anyone wear it?

Ruby laughs at Jaxus' response. The wizzrobe brings up a very valid point after all. An exploding mask just sounds dangerous to whomever holds it. And that goes without saying that it would have to be useless after only one use. But what does a simple goron know after all.

Her forhead creasing in concern, Ruby looks over at Jaxus with her big, dark eyes. "Doesn't that sound kind of silly though? If this tribe locked the mask away in shadow then why would anyone want to remove it from its protection. If you take the mask then any old forest kid could end up stealing it," cautions the goron. That situation seems perfectly logical to the goron and she can't understand why the mask merchant would think he would be better at guarding the mask than where it has been hiding for long enough for a tibe to go extinct.

As foolish as she thinks the merchant is Ruby can't help but admit to being intrigued about his wares. "That mask of Truth sounds pretty nice though," she says. Elbowing Jaxus in the ribs she asks, "Don't you just hate it when people lie to you!" Having gotten a little excited Ruby's muscular arm elbows the gerudo hard enough to push him away. "Where would we look for this Majora Mask," she finally asks of the merchant. "Maybe we can help," she offers but without any promise.

"Why would one want to wear it you ask? The explosions are endless. You can use it as many times as you'd like."

"I have a map leading you to where the masks location is. It is somewhere in hyrule. I forgot to get it when I left my shop. See, the castle market was attacked and I had to flee. I grabbed all of my masks and came here. I didn't have time to find majora's mask. The reason I want to find it is that it has been removed, and I'm trying to stop it from being taken by the wrong hands. It will be safe with me"

Jaxus, interested, but not enough to beg off the mission the princess already has for them, says "Ok, we can check into it if we are near by."

Definitely the payoff seems better for the mask man than for gathering things for this Link kid.

Ruby nods her head in agreement to Jaxus. As far as she is concerned, helping the princess is the primary goal right now and nothing can distract from that. That being said, if the group happens to be passing nearby then an expenses covering side trip could probably be justified. It doesn't sound like the Princess had intended for them to get her tasks done quickly.

Should the Mask Merchant agree then Ruby will collect the map that he was speaking about. "We can find you here," she queries. "This may take some time," she cautions.

Once matters with the masks are dealt with Ruby turns to the tall man standing with her. "Well let's go check out that Milk Bar," she says with hearty enthusiasm. Grabbing the man by his arm she drags him along before they can be distracted along the way again. "Did you need any supplies for our trip? I'm ready to go right now," says Ruby. "Of course, the prospect of sleeping in a nice bed for one more night is rather appealing," she admits.

Finding the way to the Milk Bar, which isn't hard to locate with the big sign hanging over the door, Ruby continues to gab away with seeming nonsense. "Now where did you say you came from," she asks while moving into the bar. Spotting the stairs in the gloom the goron quickly follows them down. She looks at the bar and then the booths pausing for a moment with indecision. In the end she decides on a booth and drags Jaxus over. With a simple flex of her brawny arms the heavy woman pushes Jaxus onto the far side of the bench and then she takes a seat. Arms on the table, big brown eyes blinking slowly, she awaits someone to bring a menu. Even if I know I'm ordering rocks!

Jaxus nods in agreement with the goron, only to find himself suddenly siezed and dragged along by the woman. Before he even knows what's going on they are going down the stairs to the milk bar.

He laughs a little nevously as she follows him into the booth and says "I think I've got everything I need for the trip." though I've never gone anywhere but here, he mentally adds. He's somewhat nervous about the coming adventure.

"Welcome to the milk bar. We ask that you do not wear masks, but we cannot enforce that. Today's specials are cuccoo soup and green milk from the ranch. So, can I interest you in anything?" As the man finishes his greeting, he gives you both a menu and some bread. You notice a Zora band coming onto the stage and a man sitting alone at the actual bar area.

"Soup? Only Zora's can survive on water," says the goron while pointing at the band with a nod of her head. "Do you have anything crunchier," she asks rhetorically as she begins scanning the menu. Ruby doesn't really expect to find any rock dishes on the menu, even at a hub of traffic like this. Most non-Gorons just assume that since they eat rocks Gorons never need to pay for food. After all, there are rocks everywhere! Although that may be true there is eating and then there is eating. Oh sure, a goron may be able to survive on plain rocks but it is oh so bland. One can probably liken the sensation to eating a meal full of soda crackers.

"The green milk sounds interersting," says Ruby to Jaxus. She notes that he makes no move to take off the mask despite the server's request. "Do you suppose it has a little punch?" Ruby assumes it would have to. Green milk doesn't sound natural and she can only imagine what kind of creatures the farm is raising to get it. "I'll try a green milk," she says to the server all the while nodding to herself with satisfaction at her choice.

Settling back in the seat, which groans frightfully, Ruby prepares to watch the zora's play their music. "I have an instrument of my own," she admits to Jaxus. "A crystal guitar. I'm not good enough to play in a band though. Hopefully these zora's are!"

Trying not to make a disgusted face, Jaxus replies "Green milk sounds like it's gone bad. Like, a long time ago." Maybe goron's like sour milk? Ruby is the first one he's even seen, so who knows.

And intrigued inspite of himself, he asks "How do you carve a crystal guitar? Wouldn't it be hard to get it to resonate right?"

He fails to remove his mask.

The bartender walks away and comes back with your green milk. When yopu taste it, you find it is nothing different than green potion, which restores you magic power. It seems like every drink here is milk themed, and some people seem to be getting tipsy off of the milk. They are cheering loudly as the band begins to play. "So. Could I interest you in any food?" asks the bartender, looking nervously at the men at the bar.

Trying to talk over the snappy music, Jaxus looks over to Ruby as he says "I think we are sticking to just the one drink. We've other places to see today."

Not that the bar is all that bad, but they did want to check out some of the other places in town before heading out on the Princess's little errand.

Ruby finds herself nodding in agreement with Jaxus regarding there time at the bar. They were supposed to explore around town a bit in the event they spotted something they needed. That Jaxus, he is a practical fellow. Not much fun though, Ruby finds herself admitting at the taciturn man. She digs a few rupies out of her pocket and hands them over in payment for the two milks. Despite it's green colour, the milk is actually quite tasty.

Ruby shakes her head no in response to the query about the food and she ignores the bartenders nervous look at the men. The goron may mentally jot a note in her head but she doesn't see them causing any trouble and she has no desire to spoil her good mood. Listening to the music her feet begin to tap the floor in time with the catchy beat and a smile spreads across her face. "Carve it? Goddess, no! I found it," admits the goron.

"Do you like this tune," she breaks in. It appears to be infecting the goron's mood as well as her muscles. In moments her fingers are tapping along with her feet as she listens to the background. "I was out on the path from Death Mountain and came across a poor soul that had succumbed to some of the local wildlife. I found the guitar hidden in a crack in the rocks nearby, almost as if it had been hidden there. I think it has special powers," admits the goron. By now her head and shoulders are bobbing along with the song and she seems moments away from leaping up to dance.

Ruby takes a long pull on her green mile, smacking her lips at the taste. "Why else would someone hide a guitar if they were worried about being attacked," she asks of the masked man across from her. "Well that and it is like no instrument I've ever seen. It is so beautiful and expertly crafted. I am quite lucky to have found it...now all I need to do is learn how to play it. Do you play," she asks hopefully.

Jaxus smiles and replies "So, you robbed it from a dead man? Remarkably practical of you, I have to say. It is a fine looking instrument too, I can't say I blame you."

Thinking back to the flute in his pack, he continues "I'm not much of a musician myself." at least, not yet, he mentally adds.

With the music in the bar starting to get on his nerves, and the milk in his cup running low, he says "Want to move on?"

Ruby replaces the guitar without playing a single note. She seems offended by Jaxus' comment, "Robbed!?" Crossing her arms she stares at the tall, thin man with her coal-like eyes. "Don't be so droll," says the goron eventually. "I'm simply guarding it from whomever killed the poor fellow until such time as his family comes to claim it." Of course, that explanation sounds perfectly normal to the goron but it sounds dangerously close to the excuse a thief might use.

"Yeah, let's go," says the goron. Ruby grabs up her cup of milk and downs the remainder in one big gulp. Setting the cup on the table she places a few rupees beside it in payment before getting up to follow Jaxus outside. "Do you think we'll need anything special in order to find the Mirror Shield," she asks while indicating the shops that appear ready to close.

Even if they do need something Ruby hardly has the money to spare at the moment. She has enough to get by for the moment but only for basic shelter and for simple outfitting. As far as she is concerned, Ruby is ready to go to bed in order to hurry along their departure for the next day. She is always one to enjoy the road more than the town anyway.

You all go to sleep that night with a feeling of excitement at what is to come. You all have different dreams, yet you all see two figures in your dreams at one point.When you wake up, it is to the smell of more food, and the sound of the fairy of Rose.

Ruby starts awake to the soft sounds of a harp within the rooom. She opens her black eyes and peers blearily around the room. Off to one side she spots the princess practicing on her harp as if the skill will be vastly important some day. The concentration written on her features is obvious even to the goron who isn't used to reading the emotions of Hylians.

The smell of food has no effect on Ruby, especially considering as how it wouldn't do much good in her belly anyway. Any time she has ever tried the food that others seem to prefer it usually gives her a tummy ache followed by a trip to the privy to throw it back up. And that is never a pleasant experience. With a groan the goron sits up on the lower bunk and spins her legs out to touch the floor. "Morning," she greets the princess.

Stretching her arms out the goron allows her body to fully awaken. The night sleep was not as restful as she would have hoped. First, Ruby was slow in getting to sleep due to her excitement of helping out the royal family. And then there was those curious dreams centered around the two ugly women with the strange hair. "Weird dreams last night," she remarks before standing and moving away from the bed.

In Ruby's dream, She is walking along death mountain and sees the two witches carrying the sheild.

Jaxus sees them in a darkroom, circling a suit of armor. They look like evil witches spoken of in gerudo legend.

Rose sees them burn the forest.

Teera sees them freeze her home.

It is clear that they are evil and not much else. When Zelda sees that some of you have woken up, she puts the harp away. "When you guys are ready to leave, Impa and I will see you off."

Puzzled by his dream, Jaxus is slow to rise. Eventually the pyromancer gets up and streatches, an action accompanied by a series of pops. Fitting his mask back into place, he grumbles something vague about witches and starts casting about for breakfast

Ruby catches that the mood seems a little dour this morning. Everyone seems to be pre-occupied, except perhaps for Impa and the Princess. Her own dream consisted of a beautiful shield with a mirror-like polish being carried by two hideous witches. They seemed to be able to stay just out of Ruby's reach no matter how hard she tried to catch them. It was rather frustrating.

Finding no rocky substance within the breakfast, Ruby patiently waits for the others to finish their morning repast. The goron is used to such things, especially when not amongst her own kind. After all, nobody stops to think that gorons don't eat regular food nor do they seem inclined to interrupt their own breakfast in order for the goron to eat. So Ruby is used to waiting.

But when the others have gathered she is keen to grab her supplies. Throwing the heavy pack over one shoulder the goron says, "I was ready last year!" With a large smile the goron is plenty happy to lead the way out the door, even if she doesn't really know which way she is headed. "East right," she asks of Impa who is striding only a half step behind the much longer legged goron.

Right in the middle of the dream, Rose bolts awake. Seeing the others already awake, she starts to help herself to breakfast. At first she is down, but her curiousity and charming attitude naturally take over and she starts talking with Ruby.

After breakfast is over, Rose does what she can to keep up with the other long-legged, and much taller folks.

Jaxus is all sullen looks through breakfast, but starts to brighten up once it seems like they are about to head out. Finally, a real adventure. Something other than the town or the Iron Fortress! He can't wait to get started.

The four of you are lead through the town on your way to the Mirror Sheild. As you walk through town, you notice there are a lot of people moving around, buying food, or delivering mail. The mail man actually walks up and hands Zelda a letter.

Zelda reads the letter, and hands it to Impa. "It seems as if you guys are leaving right on time. They are preparing for a festuval here, but it will be in a week or so. By the time you come back, it will be set up completely. I guess that's why the folk here are more active." Impa says as you reach the gate.

A guard is standing there, blocking the north passage. He moves out of the way to let you pass, and as you go, he tells you that there are many monsters out there, and to be careful.

After an hour or so of walking, you notice that Zelda and Impa are no longer around, and assuming that they have lead you in the right direction, you continue to go forward. Your nights are filled with nightmares of the two witches, and no one is sure what they mean.

On the second day of your travels, you start noticing that the landscape has gone from lush green forests, to dry, sandy, desert. As you go, you can feel the heat of the sun beating down on you. Teera is having an extremely difficult time in this climate, and you notice that she keeps pouring water on herself to keep her scales wet. Within a few hours, you see a great building in the sand, it's door sealed shut

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Very nice story going here but I notice some spelling and grammar errors here's the corrected version that I could fix.
He looks at you and his smile is still there. It's almost as if he is wearing a mask himself. He reaches into his back pack and pulls out a picture. "This is the mask I'm looking for. It is called Majora's mask. If you help me find it, I'll give you one of my own power masks

Jaxus shrugs, throwing off some of the compulsion, and says "I've already got a mask, right here" and he taps the bone and leather headgear he wears.

Still, it is tempting. Maybe the man has more powerful masks. He certainly seems like he could deal with dark powers to get them. He says "What's so special about this Majora mask anyway?"

When Jaxus responds Ruby simply nods her head along in agreement. The little group already has a task to search and find and it was given to them by none other than the princess of Hyrule! Ruby is willing to keep her eyes out for this Majora Mask but she likely won't put much effort into it. But Jaxus brings up a good point as well and it leaves Ruby to wondering.

I wonder what his masks can do, she wonders to herself. A mask of power certainly sounds interesting depending on what they can do. Nodding along, Ruby awaits the reply of the mask merchant. She assumes right away that any mask they might be interested is likely far too costly to purchase. After all, the goron's pockets are nearly empty. She was saving the last of her rupees in order to have a place to stay.

"While you’re at it what do your mask of power do," she asks of the merchant. "And I assume you have some kind of a lead for us to look into," she queries. The man can't just expect us to work with nothing after all, she decides.

"Majora's mask is a very dangerous and very powerul mask. It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask. According to legend... the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great... the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power..." He stops for a few moments, but he never stopped smiling during his explanation of the mask.

"I want to find this mask to keep it from going into the wrong hands. In return, I have three masks for you to choose from, or rupees if you prefer them. I have this blast mask, this gibdos mask, and finally this mask of truth. All have special properties. One explodes, one allows you to hide from the dead, and one lets you know the truth."

Intrigued, though not at all sure he believes the disturbing merchant, Jaxus listens intently, but get's hung up on a detail and asks "Wait, if this Blast Mask blows up, why anyone would wear it?

Ruby laughs at Jaxus' response. The wizzrobe brings up a very valid point after all. An exploding mask just sounds dangerous to whoever holds it. And that goes without saying that it would have to be useless after only one use. But what does a simple goron know after all.

Her forhead creasing in concern, Ruby looks over at Jaxus with her big, dark eyes. "Doesn't that sound kind of silly though? If this tribe locked the mask away in shadow then why would anyone want to remove it from its protection? If you take the mask then any old forest kid could end up stealing it," cautions the goron. That situation seems perfectly logical to the goron and she can't understand why the mask merchant would think he would be better at guarding the mask than where it has been hiding for long enough for a tibe to go extinct.

As foolish as she thinks the merchant is Ruby can't help but admit to being intrigued about his wares. "That mask of Truth sounds pretty nice though," she says. Elbowing Jaxus in the ribs she asks, "Don't you just hate it when people lie to you?" Having gotten a little excited Ruby's muscular arm elbows the gerudo hard enough to push him away. "Where would we look for this Majora Mask," she finally asks of the merchant. "Maybe we can help," she offers but without any promise.

"Why would one want to wear it you ask? The explosions are endless. You can use it as many times as you'd like."

"I have a map leading you to where the masks location is. It is somewhere in hyrule. I forgot to get it when I left my shop. See, the castle market was attacked and I had to flee. I grabbed all of my masks and came here. I didn't have time to find majora's mask. The reason I want to find it is that it has been removed, and I'm trying to stop it from being taken by the wrong hands. It will be safe with me"

Jaxus, interested, but not enough to beg off the mission the princess already has for them, says "Ok, we can check into it if we are near by."

Definitely the payoff seems better for the mask man than for gathering things for this Link kid.

Ruby nods her head in agreement to Jaxus. As far as she is concerned, helping the princess is the primary goal right now and nothing can distract from that. That being said, if the group happens to be passing nearby then an expenses covering side trip could probably be justified. It doesn't sound like the Princess had intended for them to get her tasks done quickly.

Should the Mask Merchant agree then Ruby will collect the map that he was speaking about. "We can find you here," she queries. "This may take some time," she cautions.

Once matters with the masks are dealt with Ruby turns to the tall man standing with her. "Well let's go check out that Milk Bar," she says with hearty enthusiasm. Grabbing the man by his arm she drags him along before they can be distracted along the way again. "Did you need any supplies for our trip? I'm ready to go right now," says Ruby. "Of course, the prospect of sleeping in a nice bed for one more night is rather appealing," she admits.

Finding the way to the Milk Bar, which isn't hard to locate with the big sign hanging over the door, Ruby continues to gab away with seeming nonsense. "Now where did you say you came from," she asks while moving into the bar. Spotting the stairs in the gloom the goron quickly follows them down. She looks at the bar and then the booths pausing for a moment with indecision. In the end she decides on a booth and drags Jaxus over. With a simple flex of her brawny arms the heavy woman pushes Jaxus onto the far side of the bench and then she takes a seat. Arms on the table, big brown eyes blinking slowly, she awaits someone to bring a menu. Even if I know I'm ordering rocks!

Jaxus nods in agreement with the goron, only to find him suddenly seized and dragged along by the woman. Before he even knows what's going on they are going down the stairs to the milk bar.

He laughs a little nervously as she follows him into the booth and says "I think I've got everything I need for the trip." though I've never gone anywhere but here, he mentally adds. He's somewhat nervous about the coming adventure.

"Welcome to the milk bar. We ask that you do not wear masks, but we cannot enforce that. Today's specials are cuccoo soup and green milk from the ranch. So, can I interest you in anything?" As the man finishes his greeting, he gives you both a menu and some bread. You notice a Zora band coming onto the stage and a man sitting alone at the actual bar area.

"Soup? Only Zora's can survive on water," says the goron while pointing at the band with a nod of her head. "Do you have anything crunchier," she asks rhetorically as she begins scanning the menu. Ruby doesn't really expect to find any rock dishes on the menu, even at a hub of traffic like this. Most non-Gorons just assume that since they eat rocks Gorons never need to pay for food. After all, there are rocks everywhere! Although that may be true there is eating and then there is eating. Oh sure, a goron may be able to survive on plain rocks but it is oh so bland. One can probably liken the sensation to eating a meal full of soda crackers.

"The green milk sounds interersting," says Ruby to Jaxus. She notes that he makes no move to take off the mask despite the server's request. "Do you suppose it has a little punch?" Ruby assumes it would have to. Green milk doesn't sound natural and she can only imagine what kind of creatures the farm is raising to get it. "I'll try a green milk," she says to the server all the while nodding to herself with satisfaction at her choice.

Settling back in the seat, which groans frightfully, Ruby, prepares to watch the zora's play their music. "I have an instrument of my own," she admits to Jaxus. "A crystal guitar. I'm not good enough to play in a band though. Hopefully these zora's are!"

Trying not to make a disgusted face, Jaxus replies "Green milk sounds like its gone bad. Like, a long time ago." Maybe goron's like sour milk? Ruby is the first one he's even seen, so who knows.

And intrigued inspite of himself, he asks "How do you carve a crystal guitar? Wouldn't it be hard to get it to resonate right?"

The bartender walks away and comes back with your green milk. When yopu taste it, you find it is nothing different than green potion, which restores you magic power. It seems like every drink here is milk themed, and some people seem to be getting tipsy off of the milk. They are cheering loudly as the band begins to play. "So. Could I interest you in any food?" asks the bartender, looking nervously at the men at the bar.

Trying to talk over the snappy music, Jaxus looks over to Ruby as he says "I think we are sticking to just the one drink. We've other places to see today."

Not that the bar is all that bad, but they did want to check out some of the other places in town before heading out on the Princess's little errand.

Ruby finds herself nodding in agreement with Jaxus regarding there time at the bar. They were supposed to explore around town a bit in the event they spotted something they needed. That Jaxus, he is a practical fellow. Not much fun though, Ruby finds herself admitting at the taciturn man. She digs a few rupies out of her pocket and hands them over in payment for the two milks. Despite its green colour, the milk is actually quite tasty.

Ruby shakes her head no in response to the query about the food and she ignores the bartenders nervous look at the men. The goron may mentally jot a note in her head but she doesn't see them causing any trouble and she has no desire to spoil her good mood. Listening to the music her feet begin to tap the floor in time with the catchy beat and a smile spreads across her face. "Carve it? Goddess, no! I found it," admits the goron.

"Do you like this tune," she breaks in. It appears to be infecting the goron's mood as well as her muscles. In moments her fingers are tapping along with her feet as she listens to the background. "I was out on the path from Death Mountain and came across a poor soul that had succumbed to some of the local wildlife. I found the guitar hidden in a crack in the rocks nearby, almost as if it had been hidden there. I think it has special powers," admits the goron. By now her head and shoulders are bobbing along with the song and she seems moments away from leaping up to dance.

Ruby takes a long pull on her green mile, smacking her lips at the taste. "Why else would someone hide a guitar if they were worried about being attacked," she asks of the masked man across from her. "Well that and it is like no instrument I've ever seen. It is so beautiful and expertly crafted. I am quite lucky to have found it...now all I need to do is learn how to play it. Do you play," she asks hopefully.

Jaxus smiles and replies "So, you robbed it from a dead man? Remarkably practical of you, I have to say. It is a fine looking instrument too; I can't say I blame you."

Thinking back to the flute in his pack, he continues "I'm not much of a musician myself." at least, not yet, he mentally adds.

With the music in the bar starting to get on his nerves, and the milk in his cup running low, he says "Want to move on?"

Ruby replaces the guitar without playing a single note. She seems offended by Jaxus' comment, "Robbed!?" Crossing her arms she stares at the tall, thin man with her coal-like eyes. "Don't be so droll," says the goron eventually. "I'm simply guarding it from whoever killed the poor fellow until such time as his family comes to claim it." Of course, that explanation sounds perfectly normal to the goron but it sounds dangerously close to the excuse a thief might use.

"Yeah, let's go," says the goron. Ruby grabs up her cup of milk and downs the remainder in one big gulp. Setting the cup on the table she places a few rupees beside it in payment before getting up to follow Jaxus outside. "Do you think we'll need anything special in order to find the Mirror Shield," she asks while indicating the shops that appear ready to close.

Even if they do need something Ruby hardly has the money to spare at the moment. She has enough to get by for the moment but only for basic shelter and for simple outfitting. As far as she is concerned, Ruby is ready to go to bed in order to hurry along their departure for the next day. She is always one to enjoy the road more than the town anyway.

You all go to sleep that night with a feeling of excitement at what is to come. You all have different dreams, yet you all see two figures in your dreams at one point.When you wake up, it is to the smell of more food, and the sound of the fairy of Rose.

Ruby starts awake to the soft sounds of a harp within the rooom. She opens her black eyes and peers blearily around the room. Off to one side she spots the princess practicing on her harp as if the skill will be vastly important some day. The concentration written on her features is obvious even to the goron who isn't used to reading the emotions of Hylians.

The smell of food has no effect on Ruby, especially considering as how it wouldn't do much good in her belly anyway. Any time she has ever tried the food that others seem to prefer it usually gives her a tummy ache followed by a trip to the privy to throw it back up. And that is never a pleasant experience. With a groan the goron sits up on the lower bunk and spins her legs out to touch the floor. "Morning," she greets the princess.

Stretching her arms out the goron allows her body to fully awaken. The night sleep was not as restful as she would have hoped. First, Ruby was slow in getting to sleep due to her excitement of helping out the royal family. And then there was those curious dreams centered on the two ugly women with the strange hair. "Weird dreams last night," she remarks before standing and moving away from the bed.

In Ruby's dream, she is walking along death mountain and sees the two witches carrying the sheild.

Jaxus sees them in a darkroom, circling a suit of armor. They look like evil witches spoken of in gerudo legend.

It is clear that they are evil and not much else. When Zelda sees that some of you have woken up, she puts the harp away. "When you guys are ready to leave, Impa and I will see you off."

Puzzled by his dream, Jaxus is slow to rise. Eventually the pyromancer gets up and streatches, an action accompanied by a series of pops. Fitting his mask back into place, he grumbles something vague about witches and starts casting about for breakfast

Ruby catches that the mood seems a little dour this morning. Everyone seems to be pre-occupied, except perhaps for Impa and the Princess. Her own dream consisted of a beautiful shield with a mirror-like polish being carried by two hideous witches. They seemed to be able to stay just out of Ruby's reach no matter how hard she tried to catch them. It was rather frustrating.

Finding no rocky substance within the breakfast, Ruby patiently waits for the others to finish their morning repast. The goron is used to such things, especially when not amongst her own kind. After all, nobody stops to think that gorons don't eat regular food nor do they seem inclined to interrupt their own breakfast in order for the goron to eat. So Ruby is used to waiting.

But when the others have gathered she is keen to grab her supplies. Throwing the heavy pack over one shoulder the goron says, "I was ready last year!" With a large smile the goron is plenty happy to lead the way out the door, even if she doesn't really know which way she is headed. "East right," she asks of Impa who is striding only a half step behind the much longer legged goron.

Right in the middle of the dream, Rose bolts awake. Seeing the others already awake, she starts to help herself to breakfast. At first she is down, but her curiousity and charming attitude naturally take over and she starts talking with Ruby.

After breakfast is over, Rose does what she can to keep up with the other long-legged, and much taller folks.

Jaxus is all sullen looks through breakfast, but starts to brighten up once it seems like they are about to head out. Finally, a real adventure. Something other than the town or the Iron Fortress! He can't wait to get started.

The four of you are lead through the town on your way to the Mirror Sheild. As you walk through town, you notice there are a lot of people moving around, buying food, or delivering mail. The mail man actually walks up and hands Zelda a letter.

Zelda reads the letter, and hands it to Impa. "It seems as if you guys are leaving right on time. They are preparing for a festuval here, but it will be in a week or so. By the time you come back, it will be set up completely. I guess that's why the folk here are more active." Impa says as you reach the gate.

A guard is standing there, blocking the north passage. He moves out of the way to let you pass, and as you go, he tells you that there are many monsters out there, and to be careful.

After an hour or so of walking, you notice that Zelda and Impa are no longer around, and assuming that they have leaded you in the right direction, you continue to go forward. Your nights are filled with nightmares of the two witches, and no one is sure what they mean.

On the second day of your travels, you start noticing that the landscape has gone from lush green forests, to dry, sandy, desert. As you go, you can feel the heat of the sun beating down on you. Teera is having an extremely difficult time in this climate, and you notice that she keeps pouring water on herself to keep her scales wet. Within a few hours, you see a great building in the sand, its door sealed shut

Libk

One must remember that we have four people writing this story, but thank you for doing that, except idk what you did. Could you highlight the changes possibly? Oh, and I'm trying to replace the zora's writer because they have gone missing. so eventually, we'll have five again

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN

Jaxus shrugs, throwing off some of the compulsion, and say "I've already got a mask, right here" and he taps the bone and leather headgear he wears.

"While you’re your at it what do your mask of power do," she asks of the merchant. "And I assume you have some kind of a lead for us to look into," she queries. The man can't just expect us to work with nothing after all, she decides.

"Majora's mask is a very dangerous and very powerul mask. It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask. According to legend... the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great... the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power..." He stops for a few moments, but he never stopped smiling during his explanation of the mask.

"I want to find this mask to keep it from going into the wrong hands. In return, I have three masks for you to choose from, or rupees if you prefer them. I have this blast maks mask, this gibdos mask, and finally this mask of truth. All have special properties. One explodes, one allows you to hide from the dead, and one lets you know the truth."

Intrigued, though not at all sure he believes the disturbing merchant, Jaxus listens intently, but get's hung up on a detail and asks "Wait, if this Blast Mask blows up, why anyone would wear it?

Ruby laughs at Jaxus' response. The wizzrobe brings up a very valid point after all. An exploding mask just sounds dangerous to whoever holds it. And that goes without saying that it would have to be useless after only one use. But what does a simple goron know after all.

Her forehead creasing in concern, Ruby looks over at Jaxus with her big, dark eyes. "Doesn't that sound kind of silly though? If this tribe locked the mask away in shadow then why would anyone want to remove it from its protection? If you take the mask then any old forest kid could end up stealing it," cautions the goron. That situation seems perfectly logical to the goron and she can't understand why the mask merchant would think he would be better at guarding the mask than where it has been hiding for long enough for a tribe to go extinct.

As foolish as she thinks the merchant is Ruby can't help but admit to being intrigued about his wares. "That mask of Truth sounds pretty nice though," she says. Elbowing Jaxus in the ribs she asks, "Don't you just hate it when people lie to you?" Having gotten a little excited Ruby's muscular arm elbows the gerudo hard enough to push him away. "Where would we look for this Majora Mask," she finally asks of the merchant. "Maybe we can help," she offers but without any promise.

"I have a map leading you to where the masks location is. It is somewhere in Hyrule. I forgot to get it when I left my shop. See, the castle market was attacked and I had to flee. I grabbed all of my masks and came here. I didn't have time to find Majora's mask. The reason I want to find it is that it has been removed, and I'm trying to stop it from being taken by the wrong hands. It will be safe with me"

Jaxus nods in agreement with the goron, only to find him suddenly seized and dragged along by the woman. Before he even knows what's going on they are going down the stairs to the milk bar.

He laughs a little nervously as she follows him into the booth and says "I think I've got everything I need for the trip." though I've never gone anywhere but here, he mentally adds. He's somewhat nervous about the coming adventure.

Settling back in the seat, which groans frightfully, Ruby, prepares to watch the zora's play their music. "I have an instrument of my own," she admits to Jaxus. "A crystal guitar. I'm not good enough to play in a band though. Hopefully these zora's are!"

Trying not to make a disgusted face, Jaxus replies "Green milk sounds like its gone bad. Like, a long time ago." Maybe goron's like sour milk? Ruby is the first one he's even seen, so who knows.

And intrigued inspired of him, he asks "How do you carve a crystal guitar? Wouldn't it be hard to get it to resonate right?"

Ruby finds herself nodding in agreement with Jaxus regarding there time at the bar. They were supposed to explore around town a bit in the event they spotted something they needed. That Jaxus, he is a practical fellow. Not much fun though, Ruby finds herself admitting at the taciturn man. She digs a few rupies out of her pocket and hands them over in payment for the two milks. Despite its green colour, the milk is actually quite tasty.

Jaxus smiles and replies "So, you robbed it from a dead man? Remarkably practical of you, I have to say. It is a fine looking instrument too; I can't say I blame you."

Ruby replaces the guitar without playing a single note. She seems offended by Jaxus' comment, "Robbed!?" Crossing her arms she stares at the tall, thin man with her coal-like eyes. "Don't be so droll," says the goron eventually. "I'm simply guarding it from whoever killed the poor fellow until such time as his family comes to claim it." Of course, that explanation sounds perfectly normal to the goron but it sounds dangerously close to the excuse a thief might use.

You all go to sleep that night with a feeling of excitement at what is to come. You all have different dreams, yet you all see two figures in your dreams at one point. When you wake up, it is to the smell of more food, and the sound of the fairy of Rose.

Ruby starts awake to the soft sounds of a harp within the room. She opens her black eyes and peers blearily around the room. Off to one side she spots the princess practicing on her harp as if the skill will be vastly important some day. The concentration written on her features is obvious even to the goron who isn't used to reading the emotions of Hylians.

Stretching her arms out the goron allows her body to fully awaken. The night sleep was not as restful as she would have hoped. First, Ruby was slow in getting to sleep due to her excitement of helping out the royal family. And then there was those curious dreams centered around on the two ugly women with the strange hair. "Weird dreams last night," she remarks before standing and moving away from the bed.

In Ruby's dream, she is walking along death mountain and sees the two witches carrying the shield.

Puzzled by his dream, Jaxus is slow to rise. Eventually the pyromancer gets up and stretches, an action accompanied by a series of pops. Fitting his mask back into place, he grumbles something vague about witches and starts casting about for breakfast

Right in the middle of the dream, Rose bolts awake. Seeing the others already awake, she starts to help herself to breakfast. At first she is down, but her curiosity and charming attitude naturally take over and she starts talking with Ruby.

The four of you are lead through the town on your way to the Mirror Shield. As you walk through town, you notice there are a lot of people moving around, buying food, or delivering mail. The mail man actually walks up and hands Zelda a letter.

Zelda reads the letter, and hands it to Impa. "It seems as if you guys are leaving right on time. They are preparing for a festival here, but it will be in a week or so. By the time you come back, it will be set up completely. I guess that's why the folk here are more active." Impa says as you reach the gate.

After an hour or so of walking, you notice that Zelda and Impa are no longer around, and assuming that they have leaded you in the right direction, you continue to go forward. Your nights are filled with nightmares of the two witches, and no one is sure what they mean.

On the second day of your travels, you start noticing that the landscape has gone from lush green forests, to dry, sandy, desert. As you go, you can feel the heat of the sun beating down on you. Teera is having an extremely difficult time in this climate, and you notice that she keeps pouring water on herself to keep her scales wet. Within a few hours, you see a great building in the sand, its door sealed shut
I've corrected more stuff...that I could...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom