• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda Movie

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I was going through youtube the other day at my friends house and were looking through what we thought were fake movie trailers for video games. But two days later I saw in a magazine one of the movies and they were making it in New York, so do you think they could be working on a actual Zelda Movie?>.>:thinking:

O

OmarScofield

New Zelda Movie PLEASE!!

Anyone seen that "April Fools" video sometime last year? That really had me fooled!

But I hear there is suppost to be an official Zelda movie coming out sometime in the near future. Would be weird though seeing Link talking as he never talks in the games.
What do you guys think?

O

OmarScofield

True but in my eyes, Zelda is more popular than Mario no? I think all Zelda fans would love to see a movie based on the classic Ocarina Of Time storyline. Maybe they are just worried the movie won't turn iut as great and it will ruin the whole Zelda gaming experience. What do you think?

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
True but in my eyes, Zelda is more popular than Mario no?
I sadly say no to that,everyone knows who mario is but when you say Zelda there like "wuh?". Now not all of them are like that and more ppl like zelda than alot of other sereis out there.
And as for it being a movie,like badmuffins said after that mario bros. movie...i dont see that happining. The fan made movies are doing pretty good though so If you want a zelda movie go check one of them.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
With today's technology you could easily create a Zelda movie that is in live action. The thing is that Zelda isn't appropriate for live action. The thing I notice the most is that each Zelda game has a distinct art style that makes it different every time. For example: Ocarina has a plain adventure ready style, and Twilight Princess has a very dirty style. Currently those are the only two games you can adapt into a live action movie since they don't delve too far from what us Americans believe in how a fantasy film should be. However you could try stressing it with Majora's Mask since most teenagers are really into the sick and twisted these days.

No, the only medium that Zelda, as a whole, is proper for is animation. People could understand the strange art work if you had Zelda in hand drawn animation. It is a very stylized series that often changes it's art director as time goes by.

Another thing is that when adapting a video game into a movie you have to know what to cut and what to keep. The thing with Zelda is that it has a very repetitive style of story telling. Grab the item in this dungeon, do it again, major cutscene, back to the dungeons. You have to work out the movies in a way that you can skip all that stuff without sacrificing the plot of the movie.

You could also do your own plot for a Zelda movie but that would most likely anger fans who want you to make a straight adaption of a game (then again if you made a straight adaption you'll have fans who will say your unoriginal. What an Unpleasable Fanbase.)

Overall the chances of a Zelda movie are slim, but you can adapt it if you tried hard enough.

linkman8

True and Noble
I would agree with ChargewithSword. I honestly can't see them making or endorsing an official live-action movie to be made. If anything, I would look to animation. Not the dirt poor animation in the CD-I games, or the original Mario Bros. videos. I'm talking full professional anime. You could just portray things better if you did that, and it wouldn't look so creepy having Link not talk. Imagine a live-action Link staring off into space saying nothing the whole movie.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I would agree with ChargewithSword. I honestly can't see them making or endorsing an official live-action movie to be made. If anything, I would look to animation. Not the dirt poor animation in the CD-I games, or the original Mario Bros. videos. I'm talking full professional anime. You could just portray things better if you did that, and it wouldn't look so creepy having Link not talk. Imagine a live-action Link staring off into space saying nothing the whole movie.

Aw come on! Anime again? Try American animation for once. Disney could try their hand at making a Zelda movie. The series has enough humor and darkness to fit the bill for your average good Disney movie. (The only ones I'd be iffy about are MM and the FS games since they are very length based.)
Perhaps Pixar could try; Link has been done in 3D and I'm sure Pixar could make it look stylized as well.
Cut American animation some slack.

Firstly, considering that Mario is called Mr.Nintendo and nearly every gamer on this planet has played a Mario game, I'm concluding that Zelda isn't as popular than Mario, I know plenty of people that have never played or even heard of a Zelda game, yet have played Mario. Secondly, as Badmuffins stated, it's highly unlikely for Nintendo to allow someone to make a Zelda film considering how badly the Super Mario Bros. game turned out, it gave Mario a rather bad name and was a joke of a film, no matter how many people try and say they like it because they are Mario fanboys. Mario also has the major advantage that he actually does have a voice that we've heard actually talk, Link however, just grunts, he never actually says a word. Therefore, imagine how hard it would be for them Director/Producer/Who ever decides who the actors are, to actually find an actor that looks like Link yet has a voice that people will find realistic. Personally, I think they will never find a good enough voice actor to give a Zelda movie a good name, there are probably a few people out there who have the voice to match Link's and recieve good criticism.

As you can see, personally, I don't think that they should make a Zelda movie, I believe that it would make Zelda appear as a joke to many people like the Mario move did, that film was so bad it was unbelieveable, so I say nay to a Zelda film.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Firstly, considering that Mario is called Mr.Nintendo and nearly every gamer on this planet has played a Mario game, I'm concluding that Zelda isn't as popular than Mario, I know plenty of people that have never played or even heard of a Zelda game, yet have played Mario. Secondly, as Badmuffins stated, it's highly unlikely for Nintendo to allow someone to make a Zelda film considering how badly the Super Mario Bros. game turned out, it gave Mario a rather bad name and was a joke of a film, no matter how many people try and say they like it because they are Mario fanboys. Mario also has the major advantage that he actually does have a voice that we've heard actually talk, Link however, just grunts, he never actually says a word. Therefore, imagine how hard it would be for them Director/Producer/Who ever decides who the actors are, to actually find an actor that looks like Link yet has a voice that people will find realistic. Personally, I think they will never find a good enough voice actor to give a Zelda movie a good name, there are probably a few people out there who have the voice to match Link's and recieve good criticism.

As you can see, personally, I don't think that they should make a Zelda movie, I believe that it would make Zelda appear as a joke to many people like the Mario move did, that film was so bad it was unbelieveable, so I say nay to a Zelda film.

This is exactly why I suggested animation. Only in animation could you get away with a situation like there where a character talks. For instance, there is a movie called, "The Thief and the Cobbler". In that movie there are two main characters, neither of them talk once in the film (well the cobbler does at the end, but that is a joke.) They both convey their feelings through their physical movements in order to get through situations. This is proof that a main character in a movie can be silent.
Look up the movie if you want further proof to how animation can make a Zelda movie work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom