• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda Level 3....Controversial?

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I've been on ZeldaWiki latley and was browsing through the first games dungeons and level 3 the manji looks suspicosly like a swasticka( the nazi symbol of WWII) Heres a pic260px-Legend_of_zelda_dungeon_03.jpg now it does look like it....but Nintendo of America have said its a MANJI. A Swasticka has inverted points to this manji. Give me your thoughts

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, that symbol existed long before the Nazi's inverted it and changed its meaning!
It means a lot of things, it just depends on what religion you're asking.
But, I think the most popular is the Buddhist meaning.
HinduSwastika.svg
The Manji (or, whirlwind), stands for Dharma (or the truth) and harmony, as well as balance.
I'm no expert in the subject, but I'd had this conversation before about the symbol.

But, even then, Hitler didn't actually get the idea for the Swastika from Manji, but rather from the Aryan symbol for the sun god, because it represented power.

Valexi covered most of it, the swastica does means many different things. Also, most swasticas look like they have a + in the middle, Hitler rotated his version 45 degrees to make it an x in the middle if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom