• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Legend of Zelda: Hero of Time (Ocarina of Time Novelization)

This is just something I'm experimenting with. Its "OOT" basically, but I added some more background/easter eggs/ and small changes here and there. This is just the "Prologue". Let me know what you think

The Legend of Zelda:
Hero of Time
Part I: The Adventure of Link

Prologue
The night sky was shielded due to the sandstorm. It wouldn’t normally make sense to camp out in a dangerous whirlwind of sand and dust, but the cries of a woman say otherwise. A tent, barely visible in the storm unless you got in arm’s length, sheltered the screaming women. Inside, the tent was lit by candle, with pottery bowls filled with water, rags hanging against the sides of the tent and right in the center, the sight of a women giving birth. Blankets covered her body, only leaving a small opening between her legs where an old hooded woman held her hands to retrieve the child.
Finally, the screams of the young women giving birth were replaced by the sound of a crying baby. The old hooded women cradled the child in her arms. Her hood was only raised enough to see her tooth decayed grin. “At last! The new Gerudo King is born!” With a sinister laugh, she raised the child above her head and the light in the tent went out.

Twenty Years Later…
For eras, the land of Hyrule was engulfed in a great war. Beings of different races fought against each other, barbarians raided small villages and monsters roamed the land. Hyrule was in chaos!
In a small camp, night was near and a mother was nursing her young child outside her tent near the fire. A tall man dressed in silver chain mail, walked over to the mother and her child. “How’s he doing?” He said leaning over his wife’s right shoulder.
“Fine,” she replied. She smiled at her young baby boy. If there was one bit of light left in this world, it was in her arms. She looked up at her husband, “What news has been brought? Is there word that the Great King was successful in the peace treaties?”
The husband stood his full height and answered, “I’m afraid not. Word is, is that a tiny village not far from here was attacked.”
The mother, now worried, asked, “What were they attacked by? Did anyone survive?”
“None survived. And we don’t know yet if it was raiders or moblins.” He leaned down close to his wife’s hear. “But we’re getting out of here. We’re going to be moving out soon so get ready. We don’t want to be near whatever it was that destroyed the village.”
She nodded and looked back down at her child. She would do anything to make sure nothing happened to him. She prayed to the Goddesses for that.
Her head snapped up quickly at the sound of screams on the other side of the camp. She leaned her head back and forth trying to see around the tents. There was a loud boom and a fireball shot up not too far from where her husband and she were at.
“Get out of here!” The husband ordered running towards the fire. Another explosion and some crazed laughter by more than one person or thing. Seeing that his wife wasn’t moving he shouted even louder this time. “Go! Now!” He turned and pulled out his sword and ran towards the flames.
She quickly got up and ran in the opposite direction. The camp was in a panic. She saw people being woken up abruptly by family or other knights. Men charging towards the fires, people being knocked over or trampled on, screaming mothers and crying children. Another explosion sounded, this time with the screams of men. She couldn’t help but look back and see men dressed in burlap, wearing large spiked helmets swinging their swords at the brave young nights. She saw blood spill from two of the knights, while another knight thrust his sword through a raiders back.
Then there was growling. Looking through the panicked crowd, she saw something brown and hairy jump. It looked like a woof, but its head was flatter and had the shape of a beat. Several made it through the crowd and lunged at her. A long six inch claw snagged her dress and ripped the fabric. She turned and ran towards some nearby hills, the vicious beasts not far behind.
The hill made her legs burn. She wanted to stop, but wouldn’t for she knew it would mean the life of her child. Upon making it to the top of the hill and gave a brief look back. The entire camp was on fire. People were burning or mangled to death by the beasts. The fate of the knights was the same, as well the fate of her husband.
Down the hill she saw the beasts coming at her snarling. She turned and began to run when one of the beasts jumped up and swung hits enormous paw at her, its claws extended their full length. There was a sharp burning sensation in her side, but ignored it and kept running. Looking at her baby she said, “You’re going to be okay!” She tripped over her feet and fell. Lifting her head she saw a large dark forest before her. She looked back and the animals lined up side by side, their yellow eyes piercing the night’s air. With what little strength that remained, she lifted herself up and ran towards the trees.
The forest was dark, hard to see anything around her, but tall trees. She heard some yelps echo a ways behind from where she came. At least she thought it was behind her, it was hard to tell which way was left or right. She began to slow down and calm her now crying baby. “It’s okay. I’m here.” Weakend, she fell to the warm forest floor and held her child close to her face. She felt the wound in her side and knew she was bleeding badly. The baby started to cry again. “Shhh…It’s okay.” And she began to sing to it.
She wasn’t sure how long they lied there. Time seemed to have stood still. Her eyes grew heavy and she began to drift off.
“Why have you entered this forbidden forest?” A large rumbling voice asked.
Her eyes opened slowly. She had no more strength left to be afraid, surprised or interested in what creature was now talking to her. “My son, he needs to be taken care of.”
“Outsiders are not allowed here. The penalty is death!” The large voice boomed.
She didn’t know if it sounded mad or just giving her warning. “Please! Help my son!” She croaked.
A large vine came around and craddled the child. Lifting the child the large creature examined it. Seeing the boy gave the creature a sense of peace and knew then, he would be a boy of destiny. Directing his booming voice at the mother he said, “He will be safe here with me. I promise.”
“Thank you!” And as if in relief, her eyes closed and she passed.
Looking at the boy the large being said, “I will protect you young Link.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom