• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Zelda Graphic Novels

I was in my local music store the other day and they had some Legend of Zelda graphic novels including Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask. I haven't bought them yet but just wondered if any of you guys have and if they're any good.​

My brother has most of the set. I suggest them - they're pretty good, albeit non-canon.
It is debatable as to whether or not they actually are canon. I think that we can all agree that the "Hyrule Historia" is absolutely canon, no questions asked. That being said, one of Akira Himekawa's graphic novels appears in the Historia, itself, lending to the idea that these novels, have, infact become adopted into the canon.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It is debatable as to whether or not they actually are canon. I think that we can all agree that the "Hyrule Historia" is absolutely canon, no questions asked. That being said, one of Akira Himekawa's graphic novels appears in the Historia, itself, lending to the idea that these novels, have, infact become adopted into the canon.
1) The on in HH is stated to be non-canon
2) it's near-impossible for the manga to be canon, since, for example, the OoT Manga provides a backstory to Volvagia that goes directly against the one provided in OoT itself.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I will most probably grab them next time I'm up there as they did look appealing, and they read from right to left which is a novelty in itself haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom