• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Later and Better?

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I was wondering, do you think that it is better that SS was delayed to make it better, or do you think that since you can't wait anymore and would've preferred it coming out when it was supposed to so that you could play it?

I personally think that as long as the game is getting better and better, keep delaying. What do you think?:)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well here's the thing: it has to be released sometime. Sure, I agree with you in saying that delaying a game would be better for it rather than rushing it, but it has to be released sometime, or else it will lose value. And what I mean by this is that there will be other games released at the time that have newer ideas, different styles, and if Skyward Sword is held back long enough, not many will pay that much attention to it as it deserves. Up to a certain point, if the game is held any longer, it will lose value quickly.

Kybyrian

PhantomTriforce said it very well and I agree with him. It's fine if they want to delay the game for a while to make some tweaks so it will be better, but if they keep delaying it for a long time for minor changes (or big changes, really) people will start to lose interest. Let's take Duke Nukem Forever as an example. It wasn't delayed because of adding new features or anything, but it was delayed an awful long time anyway. Right now Duke Nukem Forever doesn't interest people a whole lot because it was delayed for so long. I'm sure people are looking forward to release, sure, but not as much as they would have if it was released on time.
The same can be said for most video games. If you delay it for too long it will lose its value and people will lose interest. It's nice that they want to make an awesome game, sure, but that doesn't mean you can delay it over and over again during a long period of time to constantly tweak it. Sometimes you just have to be satisfied with what you have.

David

But you called me here...
I personally think that the longer they wait, the better it will be. However, I imagine that all of this was actually planned by Nintendo years ago. They are a business, and as such, they have to coordinate the release of all games and consoles so that they will get the most sells and the largest profit. The longer it takes, the more beneficial for both our favorite company, and our favorite series.

even if they just got delayed half a year to move a rock, you can be sure they did it to make it better, and yeah, the longer the better, it would be rather unintelligent

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I have to agree with PhantomTriforce and Kybyrian. It's fine if they delay a game for a while, if there's fine-tuning that needs to be done, and that is always a good thing. But if that fine-tuning takes too long, people will either lose interest, like Kybyrian said, or expectations could end up being too great and the game, once released, will never meet those expectations. Considering the delays with previous Zelda games, though, Nintendo seems to know how long to delay releasing a game without any negative consequences.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Later would certainly make it better, although at this point I'm guessing the game is already quite solid. Nintendo should be able to find that balance between holding it back and further promoting it, if they so choose we could finally get it in October or November. For me that would be a bit sooner than I would expect, but later than the very earliest I could imagine they would release the game, which would be near the end of September. Months aside, they can't have any more than four or five announcements left for the game. those announcements will be used to satiate the Zelda community until the release date, and the more they announce the closer we get to getting Skyward Sword. Of course they will spread these announcements out but at least it's something to look forward to while Nin figures out their advertising strategy (commercial trailer, magazine features, pop-ups and so forth).

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that they'll probably release the game in time for Christmas 2011, and from a marketing standpoint, that's the best thing they could do. If they release it any later, it probably won't catch on. I'd say November is a good target to shoot for, just in time for Christmas.

D

Decoy

Hi all,

Seems to me after being forced (emotionally), into buying something I did not want to buy -- Xbox; in order to play FableIII and Oblivion Elder Scrolls IV, it became clear to me why Nintendo has been delaying release of Skyward Sword, my friends.
Not opened Fable 3 as yet, but have scratched the surface of Ob IV and wowy!!, what a game. Could that be reasoning for Nintendo's last release date-delay of SS?

Hi all,

Seems to me after being forced (emotionally), into buying something I did not want to buy -- Xbox; in order to play FableIII and Oblivion Elder Scrolls IV, it became clear to me why Nintendo has been delaying release of Skyward Sword, my friends.
Not opened Fable 3 as yet, but have scratched the surface of Ob IV and wowy!!, what a game. Could that be reasoning for Nintendo's last release date-delay of SS?
..What? What does Oblivion Elder Scrolls IV being good have to do with Skyward Sword being delayed? They're not even on the same console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom