• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Languages you know /Languages you want to learn

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
(Old thread by Cynical Squid)

Languages I know(ranked by proficiency) :
தமிழ்- Tamizh(complete dominance, can compose poems know grammar in and out)
English (can speak but with heavy accent ,amateur in creative writing)
Hindi (stammering, can read, write and understand)
Sanskrit (cannot speak, cannot understand passive voice and other advanced forms, can read and write)

Wish to learn (priority)
Malayalam
Japanese
Russian
Chinese

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I speak English. Sometimes not very well.

I can read French pretty well but not so much when it comes to writing. I can also understand it to a degree but it takes a lot of thinking for me to speak it.

I tried teaching myself Inuktitut once (one of the northern Inuit languages). Why? I don't know. I can still remember some basic phrases though I certainly wouldn't be able to understand or hold a conversation. Maybe one day I'll reapproach it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
English is the only one, unfortunately. Learning other languages was never my forte. I did take a semester of Spanish and French each but didn't learn too much.

I know the American Sign Language alphabet though. And would love to learn more of the overall language.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
eh, just spanish, and I'm not even fluent in it at all, I can understand a decent amount of what someone's saying in spanish but carrying out a conversation is out of the option, reading too

japanese is the only language I have some interest in learning, but I'm not sure if that'd ever happen

oh and of course mii english is impeccable

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I can speak English and Japanese. My Japanese is nowhere near as good as my English, but it is getting there. I'd also like to (eventually) try my hand at Korean out of interest, and Chinese and/or Spanish out of utility.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
At this point in time, I know:

• Spanish - C2 level
  • Brazilian Portuguese - Somewhere in the B1 level
  • Japanese - Intermediate (slowly declining from lack of use)
  • Auslan - Beginner (Mostly Key-signing at the moment so vocab building is going strong, but resources to self-learn are difficult to find)

I have formally studied but can't really use or speak:
  • French - A1 level at best
  • Hebrew - Can read (as long as vowels are included) and write, but can't understand what I read
  • Mandarin - Only remember a few words here and there
  • Afrikaans - Same as Mandarin. Can only remember some very basic vocab.

I would like to learn:
  • Russian
  • German
  • Korean
  • Swedish
  • Danish
EDIT: Oh, and I guess I can speak English, but I figure that's pretty obvious.

I can fluently read, write, and speak in English and Polish. I can read and write some very basic Spanish but having to speak coherent sentences is a little tough for me especially since I haven't spoken Spanish in years. I definitely want to improve my Spanish and also learn at least one more language, namely French.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
As I'm dutch it's obvious I speak, read and write dutch without any problems :D
I also speak english, german and a bit of french.

I wanna learn russian for sure but right now my goal is to speak, write and read german fluently. I'm very good at speaking german at the moment but I want to become fluent in it

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm Swedish, so I obviously know swedish.
And because I'm swedish, I can communicate with Norweigans, as our languages are very similar.
I also know english, which is what I'm writing in right now.
I took french in school, but I sucked at it and only remember a few words.

I've recently started learning German again, and I've got some of the basics down, but not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom