• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lame, Lame, Trading Sequence

well, i was replaying phantom hourglass the other day and i completed the trading sequence. i must say, i wasn't satisfied. compared to OoS, it was short and boring. not to mention the prize wasn't vary usefull and the trading sequence didn't even start untill the end of the game.
anyway what did you think if this games trading sequence? me, i thought it sucked!:mad:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I agree with you 100% the trading in this game was nill! compared to older installments it cant stand up to any of them. why? probably because of the new team selected for PH couldn't remember how to make a good trading sequence but then how hard can that be?

they saved this till the end of the game as you said and that was a big mistake on there part, they could have given us three trading sequences and i still wouldnt care, they were all unsatisfying because of the lack of control while trading, draw a line wait, wait, wait get to the island and trade the item. how boring.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I used the walkthrough here for the trading sequence. The only realy good thing you got I thought was the tornado spin.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Man, this trading sequence sucked so badly and it was an "Epic Failure", I mean it was the worst trading sequence I have ever done I hope St has a trading sequence and that you actually get something useful besides a sword attack and that you get some upgrade or weapon, just something that is cooler and more helpful to the players.:nerd::mad:

Kazumi

chagy
I'm going to be one of the first to say that this Trading Sequence was one of my favourite. But. I like all Trading Sequences, so it's not saying TO much. But the main thing in which I liked about this Trading Sequence, was that you had no idea where you were supposed to go for the next part. That gave it an element of exploration. I loved looking around for who it could possibly be which I would have to give it to. Mind you, the weren't to many options for giving the item to people, but if this Trading Sequence was in say, Majora's Mask, with all of the people there, it would be so much fun. Mind you the MM Trading Sequence was fun as well.

I also liked the gift which you got. It was actually quite useful. The Hurricane Spin in WW was pretty awesome, and fun. And the one in PH was just as fun. I can't say it was the MOST useful thing in the entire world, but it was still a great way to cut all of the grass in Mercay Village for Rupees.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
It was interesting, but, the only problem was that it was only available at the very end of the game, leaving the Hurricane Spin completely useless. Now, I know, having it on multiple planes is better, for it ends up leaving a larger challenge. I didn't use the guide at all during this, but, like I said, it was completely useless at that point in the game. I didn't think the trading sequence itself was lame (but eating wooden hearts...and I thought eating rock was lame, but I guess you've got to get your fiber somewhere. ;)), but it was the time placement that was a major turn off.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Eh, I'd have to agree that the trading sequence was pretty bland, pointless, and unrewarding, but despite all that negativity, I actually enjoyed it. It's weird and rather illogical, but that's the way it is. It wasn't anywhere near as good as previous trading sequences, but I've come to just enjoy games for what they are.

It's pretty unfortunate that so many of side items/abilities had to be saved for after you beat the game. Technically you can get most of the stuff before you beat it, but I always found that to be a drag. It comes to a point where I just want to beat the darn game and get it over with. =P

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I liked this trading sequence.

It didn't outright tell you where you needed to go, and to continue on in it you would of had to of gone off the linear track to meet the people that each item in the sequence vaguely hinted.

What are you talking about this was strange and only gets stranger and longer every time you trade. First the hero's clothes o.k I can not see them then a Telescope but it has no lens then the guard note book and finally the wooden heart all this for a spin attack that you can not get until you explore the fourth part of the sea. In conclusion I liked this trading sequence it was unique.

I'm pretty sure it was a Koleidoscope? the thing that makes shapes as you twist it in the sunlight ha.

I liked this trading sequence.

It didn't outright tell you where you needed to go, and to continue on in it you would of had to of gone off the linear track to meet the people that each item in the sequence vaguely hinted.

There wasn't many places you could look though. It was literally 3 boats and an island. I gave the first three items to the first three people, but at first i went to the Goron Island, because i knew they ate rocks, that's the only part that threw me, but then i went to the wayfarers island.

Odin

The Dark Prince of Hyrule
eventhough the trading sequence was crud but at least u get a freaking scroll that can let you do 10 spins in 5 seconds (i've tried it out with leaf as my main and i owned the monster in one blow) it's fun.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I'm pretty sure it was a Koleidoscope? the thing that makes shapes as you twist it in the sunlight ha.

There wasn't many places you could look though. It was literally 3 boats and an island. I gave the first three items to the first three people, but at first i went to the Goron Island, because i knew they ate rocks, that's the only part that threw me, but then i went to the wayfarers island.
Whilst you have a good point, if you've never been on any of the boats, you don't have any real ideas who any of the quest items could go to.

Which is more of what I was getting at.

This is probably one of the worst trading sequences in the History of Zelda. There is only 4 items i think that you trade. The reward is actually pretty cool, but the nintendo team should'a made us work harder to achieve that cool upgrade. Having at least 7 or more items would be even better.

This doesn't really fit in this thread, but I hope that ST will have a much better trading sequence. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom