• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It would have been awful if it were. They would have been adding backstory to something that does not need one. I would have been incredibly dissapointed if they had a main villain serve as the entrance to something non important, especially since Dark link is supposed to be Ganon's creation, there's just no need.

I thought Dark link had something to do with the interlopers as well (at least that was seem in Twilight Princess.)

But Link is suppose to be pure of heart right? So if Demise helped create dark link that might also imply he, meaning link, held such a similar darkness inside of himself in a way. Really that is the whole reason dark link may exist (as a way to fight ones self, metaphorically and all that jazz), but if the hero did posses such evil inside himself wouldn't that mean he couldn't seal away Demise in the first place?. He couldn't have properly made such a wish to the Trifroce (usually most "evil" people ARE corrupted (such as by greed) so Link would have ended up (probably unintentional or subconsciously) wishing for something other then the end of Demise (such as perhaps getting some action from Zelda finally? or Ultimate Power for himself - much as how Ganon would have?).

Nice critical thinking exercise and an interesting concept but it seems to snuff itself in the end.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, Dark Link is a mysterious entity that we know nothing about, so it wouldn't have made much sense for him to be related to Demise's hatred. Ganondorf is constantly showing up across the entire series, however. It's better suiting for Ganondorf.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We already know what Demise is the start of, but barring that I do not think Demise would fit as Dark Link's beginning. He has a number of features similar to DL, but those similarities aren't enough to make the recommendation stand firm. Demise is already known to be a big baddy – Dark Link was nothing like that in any of the games he was featured in. He was simply an obstacle, whereas Demise was meant to be the "epic showdown" type of characer, one we finish off to restore peace and justice to the world. Perhaps another character could fill the void that is our missing Dark Link origins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom