• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Komali's Timeline Theory

C

Chancellor Cole

Man! I love that theory about Ganon/Ganondorf!! :O
I all makes good sense now!! :blank:
I'm putting this timeline up on my signature too!! :D

By the way, the names of the heroes were really good!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
Komali : the Beast Ganon is only killed by the Silver Arrow, and that Ganondorf the Gerudo is only killed by the Master Sword.
Right... I hadn't ever think of that! :-D Safe for sometimes the sword doesn't 'kill' him (OoT, and no proof he's truely 'dead' in WW or TP).

Komali : Listen, in The Wind Waker King of Red Lions tells Link that a former Hero had left Hyrule, and due to that the triforce of courage was shattered all over the kingdom. And at the end of the of The Wind Waker's epilogue it says: This is but one of the legends of which people speak...
Reading Jarsh, I thought he was right when he said it seems there is no game between OoT and WW, but you're right too : somebody had to break the triforce of courage into shards. That's something that bugs me for a while actualy. o_O

As for Ganon, even if everybody says his 'deaths' are prooves that either ALttP can't be before WW or whatever else, let's not forget that Ganon/dorf died [**counting...**] ...5 TIMES! Wow, guys, this is quite a big number for ONE person. :-/
What prooves he's dead in WW, TP and ALttP? For TLoZ and Oracles, I agree, since it's, like, said.

And for the 'Master Sword sleeping forever' as well as the 'four first games go together' things, I'd like to see the original Japanese texts instead of Americanised infos.

Pinecove : That made no sense. Why can't ALttP come after TWW and ST in new Hyrule?
Right.

Komali : The Hero of Time was the only hero who ever traveled through time, so he was the only option for the people to hope for to return.
Good point.

(I feel like I'm doing comment on a sports match... o_O)

Chancellor Cole : By the way, the names of the heroes were really good!!
Indeed. :-D

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Right... I hadn't ever think of that! :-D Safe for sometimes the sword doesn't 'kill' him (OoT, and no proof he's truely 'dead' in WW or TP).
In OoT, Ganondorf had the ToP and was in beast form. We know that he dies in WW because of the quote that I believe you can find in the Timeline Quotes page ("Developer Quotes" under "Resources" at the top of the page). I remember finding another quote that allowed me to say that TP's Ganondorf died using the same reasoning.

Reading Jarsh, I thought he was right when he said it seems there is no game between OoT and WW, but you're right too : somebody had to break the triforce of courage into shards. That's something that bugs me for a while actualy. o_O
It split when he left the timeline, all on its own. I'm pretty sure Daphnes explicitly states that.

What prooves he's dead in WW, TP and ALttP? For TLoZ and Oracles, I agree, since it's, like, said.
I explained WW and TP; It's quite clear graphically that he dies in LttP, and AST tells us that only his essence remains.

And for the 'Master Sword sleeping forever' as well as the 'four first games go together' things, I'd like to see the original Japanese texts instead of Americanised infos.
I'll look them up for you sometime when I'm not in class. You could check the Japanese re-translations page. I think you can find a link in Pinecove's stickied resources thread.

Pinecove

Last Chance
We have a developer interview confirming Ganon died in TWW.
Concerning ALttP, Ganon died but...he somewhat survived due to his essence, gained from the Triforce. This is how he manages to re-incarnate for AST and LoZ.

J

Jalandir

You know in alttp Ganon never escaped the dark world, which it is clearly stated in the game is the sacred realm turned evil because Ganon touched the triforce, plus the known threat to hyrule was the wizard Aghim (can't remember how it was spelt). This would acount for this particular legend to not revolve around a struggle between Link, Zelda, and Ganon. Plus in AoL a direct sequel to Legend of of Zelda and supposedly the next link in the timelime, the cities are named after the sages awakened in OoT. Plus neither Link had a piece of the triforce. Now I've never beaten AoL, but it's my understanding that near the end of the game, he is awarded a triforce piece, either believed or confirmed to be the triforce of courage. Now I believe both happened in the AT and both before WW. The general geography is the basis for my assumption. However with all the points on both sides I'm starting to believe that perhaps there is a third timeline, or an alternate dimension that more closely mirrors the two timelines we know of.

>>>/--(Alttp/LA--TLoZ/AoL)--WW/PH--ST--(Alttp/La--TLoZ/AoL)
OoT
>>>\MM--TP

Yes I know I excluded some Zelda Games, my reasoning is I don't know enough to about those games to make an educated decision to place them myself. The dual placement for the older games is more because the seem to greatly contradict each with the confirmed AT game WW, and vise versa. The games do exsit in old hyrule not new, nothing says people can't move back there.

Question are you 100% positive Ganondorf's dead for good at the end of TP? Cause he never lost possession of the ToP in TP.

Pen

The game is on!
Haha! :lol: I'm starting to see a lot of things in my timeline now that doesn't fit in, I might make a new one eventually. :silent:

EDIT: Here is the new version of the timeline!

Last edited:

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
This is one of the best timelines. You just did it good. I mean you pointed out the roles of any game in the story of Hyrule, and that's how it should be done! OoT is the sealing of Ganon; in LttP he tries to escape; WW is the end of Hyrule... We don't care if the intro has a little statement or Hhyrule could be unflooded! This are the roles of games n Hyrule's story!
Still, I don't believe LoZ to take place in the CT, because LttP was likely a prequel to that game, but it also work like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom