• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Kindle Fire: Keep It on Mobile Youtube?

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Hi,
I was perfectly fine with mobile youtube on my kindle fire, but recently when I used youtube on it again, it kept taking me to the desktop version, which I have tried using, and on my kindle fire, I like the mobile version better. Is there any way to keep it on the mobile version of youtube forever? It was like that before.

Clank

Hmm
Okay, I actually have never used a kindle fire, but here are a few things you can try
Open youtube and near the bottom there should be a link that says "Mobile version" Click on that if it is there, if not try clearing your cookies(It should be fairly straightforward), if neither of those work, you can try clearing the cache for the browser app, but that is usually a last resort method.

Clearing the cookies should help though.

Just download the Youtube app. Or if you'd much rather view Youtube via the Silk browser: *Simply open Browser, click on the little folder icon next to the navigation arrows on the lower panel, click Settings, then scroll down to "Desktop or mobile view," click on it and select "Mobile: Optimize of mobile view." And voila, if you've done everything right, Youtube should always open in mobile view by default. Thing is, this setting will be applied to every site you visit. .-. If you'd rather avoid this, you can always just type "www.m.youtube.com" in the address bar. However, that means that you'll have to type this in every single time you want to visit the mobile version, which can be quite tedious if you're the impatient type.

*Keep in mind that this advice assumes that you're using the Kindle Fire 2nd generation. However, whatever generation you're using, the settings shouldn't be too far from the ones mentioned here. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom