• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Kikwi Are the Koriki?

P

ptlegoman

Hey this is my first Thread, so I would like to address a topic that I have been thinking about for a while.
As a was playing through Skyward Sword, I got the side-quest to bring back a kikwi to Skyloft. The professor says it is a mixture of a plant and animal, and I remember the Korok, which were human-like plants. Then i remeber hearing somewhere that they used to be the Koriki, but were changed for the sea environment. So then i thought, "would the Kikwi evolve into Koriki?" This would make sense because:
1. They both live in the forest,
2. They both have similar names (K and i), and
3. They would transform into humanoids to fit in with all the humans coming back to earth
You may be wondering, "but the great deku tree turned them into koroks, they didn't evolve"
Well, the great tree in skyward sword could just be the Great Deku Tree hibernating.
So the Kikwi would get turned into the Koriki

What do you think? Comment below!

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
In every game there seems to be a gaint tree... I wonder if they are all the Deku tree? If the Deku tree could change Kokiri into leaf people... the tree could probably turn penguins into Kokiri...

I believe that the Kikwi are the pre-Korkiri. This quote is from GlitterBerri's Translation of Hyrule Historia and it implies that the Korkiri and Zora have evolved before, during the era of Chaos between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap/Four Sword/Ocarina of Time.
•The New Appearance of the Kokiri and the Zora

In the Era of the Mighty Ocean, some races the appearance of some races suffered a big change in comparison to the Era of Chaos. The Kokiri turned into the Korok, a race that looks like plants and helps the spirit of the Great Deku Tree to plant trees around the world. The Zora became the so-called Rito, a race that has beaks like birds and grows wings with the scale the spirit Valoo gives them.

Incidentally, the appearance of the Goron race did not change, but they no longer live in a village and wander around the world.

GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Pg. 128 An Adventure Brought by the Wind (Continued)

Thank you for quoting Hyrule Historia, Shadao! I was looking for the exact quote from Wind Waker where the korok are explaining their origins, but that works much better. ^^

That being said, I'd definitely say that the Kikwi are the Kokiri, albeit several hundreds of years later. Spirits of the forest take many forms. :)

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
but can little fat guys evolve into human-esqes?

I don't know, can human-esques evolve into little fat plants?

300px-Kokiri_Kids.png
--->
Koroks.png

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Lol. So what you're saying is, they started as fat plants, became human, then went back to plants?

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Wow, Kokiri and Kikwi being the same? That would actually be kinda depressing, it would mean no Kikwi in the future :(.

I definitely think this is a possibility, I mean all species go through evolution and the world of Zelda's not the most normal world ever so vast amounts of evolution is possible in the space of 100 years due to the magic in the world.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I feel like the poor Kokiri are so sheltered and get changed around in various games so much. In Windwaker they are the Koroks, and in Skyward Sword they are the Kikwi. They go through some radical changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom