• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kids Shouldnt Play Online!!!!

Kids playing online will be impossible to control; this is the day and age where these "liberties" really pervade the world. It's impossible for parents to regulate what their children play, because the parents of today simply do not care. Why should I care about what my kid is playing so long as they're doing well in school? Why should I care about what my kid is saying if I say the exact same stuff? etc.

I wouldn't call 15 year olds who "built their own computer" off their parents' money and act like they're badasses mature. I'm 17 and I can say for a fact that I'm farthest thing from "mature". lol

You got it in 1 parents just dont care as long as there not being bothered in most cases, in some cases when ive played online you can hear the parents laughing as there kids screams and swears at other players like its no big deal.

As for maturity there are levels and as long as you dont try act street and swear to try impress people your below the problem of the earth line:P

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
First off, I don't believe we should ban kids from online games, parents just need to take control. Now, I have encountered the same exact problem, but what I do before I even start a game of zombies in CoD is tell them to watch their language, otherwise I can't play with them. Personally I have no problem with cussing, I'd just rather not hear 12 year olds cussing like that, especially when there's no reason for it.

First off, I don't believe we should ban kids from online games, parents just need to take control. Now, I have encountered the same exact problem, but what I do before I even start a game of zombies in CoD is tell them to watch their language, otherwise I can't play with them. Personally I have no problem with cussing, I'd just rather not hear 12 year olds cussing like that, especially when there's no reason for it.

Your getting off easy then as when i try to be civil and ask that they behave i just get swore at, it takes every fiber of my being not to go on them alot of the time:P Kids just have that mental problem where they assume swearing makes them cool to people in the lobby or there party which is why i play with music playing all the time which also makes zombies so much more difficult:P

L

Lady Asylum

I personally don't think that kids under the age of eighteen should be playing Call of Duty or other Mature multiplayer games like Halo or Fable, but that's probably because I was raised old-school by my mother.

This is a deep subject, so I'll try and keep my answers short and to the point (something I regularly fail at. Here we go).

Should "kids" be allowed to play M-rated games online? If they're not allowed to buy them from the store, then probably not. It should always be based on the maturity level of the kid and the supervision and knowledge of the parents, in which case a bright, studious, moral kid may be alright playing it, but that's ONLY with known maturity and parental awareness. Almost regardless of their maturity level, we probably shouldn't allow them to communicate with others over the internet. I doubt any good can really come of that. At even age 13, I was a sore loser. For every year before then, increase my agitation and capacity to be annoying. I was considered mature for my age. Now transfer that to your average kid, and you can see the problems it can present.

Similar story with whether people under age 17 should be allowed to play M-rated games. If they're not mature (hence the rating) enough to understand how to best handle what they experience, they shouldn't be playing it. I'm known as a very peaceful, mature guy, but I can play entirely violent video games and watch movies with lots of swearing and not turn into a gangster because I'm mature enough to know how to process it. I'm not going to try and separate someone's arms from their body or incorporate swearing into my dialogue just because that's how they did it in the violent video games or movies. An 8-year-old with an immature mind who pulls too much inspiration from what he sees, however, may respond differently, and you really do have to watch to make sure they don't try and imitate too much of the negative side of entertainment. If they love the violence, chances are they'll become violent to emulate it.

Eh. So much for keeping my answers short and to the point. At least I've gotten my message across.

P.S.: Funny familial relations, actually. I tend to be a little loose on M-rated games based on my previous statements, but my sister has declared she won't even let her future children play Ocarina of Time (an E-rated game) until they're teenagers because of the blood and spookiness in the Shadow Temple and whatnot. She's made it clear she's adhering strictly to the ESRB ratings at the very least. We kind of grew up on T-rated games and the like, so hopefully her children won't pry into her past too much....

Last edited:

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Kids playing online can really ruin the experience; if they aren't yelling or complaining they are using enough profanity to make you cringe. I really wish that parents would use the age restrictions on their consoles but I think most parents don't care that this is happening or they are unaware. I think most parents would do something about it if they were aware of what is being said on XBOX live and PSN.

Whenever I play online anymore, I mute people almost immediately unless they are willing to talk strategy. I hardly go online to play anymore because of all the garbage that goes on online.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
This is why I HATE online gaming and hope Nintendo never introduces a mic. >.<

I'm confused. How many parents really allow their 12-year-old kids to play Call of Duty?

Nearly all of them. Kids LOVE FPS and blood.

Yea, I todaly agree, there is a 4 year old I know who plays it :? and has sense become 1) more violent 2) cusses... A LOT!. and if I was his parent I would not even let them BUY the game, oh and they INCURAGE it to! and he plays ONLINE!?!?!?!?! Well, lucky fro you... he dosen't have a MIC! and I don't know how bad it is, because I'm not a fan of FPS's... so I dont have it.

( P.S. I am a kid of the age 11 and HATE games with blood and stuff like that! )

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Ech! This is one of the many reasons my faith in future generations is fading. I was brought up old school by my parents on OoT, Mario Party 3, Paper Boy, and Pokemon. What more does a kid need? M rated games just desensitize kids today! Their definition of life and the worth of souls is greatly deluded, and it saddens me greatly to see this kind of corruption so early in life...

Ech! This is one of the many reasons my faith in future generations is fading. I was brought up old school by my parents on OoT, Mario Party 3, Paper Boy, and Pokemon. What more does a kid need? M rated games just desensitize kids today! Their definition of life and the worth of souls is greatly deluded, and it saddens me greatly to see this kind of corruption so early in life...

Its worse that the parents dont see it as corruption but as harmless fun, by the next Gen of consoles there will be a online pop of of at least 50-60% kids giggling and cussing as they kill and think there cool.

We all know kids shouldn't play online, and we all know that it isn't going to stop any time soon either. Rather sad really.

Thats life:( Parents dont care as long as there kid is busy and developers/company's dont care as there getting money so reports and such go ignored. It would be different if they where not making money but its not the case:(

Hero of Time!

Darkrut
This is why i dont play online really at all. I dont like other people helping me or fighting with me.
I do better by myself, so if little kids want to Cuss and call other people gay a million times well... let that be that

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I belive that it depends on the lesson that can.(there were some M games that are not just about killing )I used to have to prove what I could take away from the game. Online however is another story if there was a chat funtion then i was not able to play online. I belive it is the matureity of the individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom