• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art KH: INFINITY CRY (Book 1)

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Infinity Cry (BOOK 1)
-
A Kingdom Hearts fanfic trilogy

Trilogy:
Book 1: Infinity Cry
Book 2. Throne of Vengeance
Book 3. Oblivion
-

Prologue
A clear tap of a pencil radiated loudly around a bright blue and white chamber within the Castle that Never Was, giving it a sullen, almost sinister outlook from within. Sitting behind a cream desk was a man about 35; with long purple hair and a X-shaped scar across the roof of his nose, he looked like a samurai fighter; but he was far from it. He mostly let his fellow Nobodies take care of fighting the heartless.

Heartless.... The word caused him to smile. Organisation XII is so close to completing Kingdom Hearts he could almost feel it; When it is complete, all Nobodies will finally gain a heart of their own and become normal people!

But the efforts need a boost. Heart collection rates are running low; He does not know if the only Keyblade wielders in the Organisation are slacking off or what; but a boost was definitely required.

But he still needed inspiration; how? Keyblades were needed to properly collect hearts, and there was only 2 Keyblade wielders in the whole organisation. That was probably the source of the low rates; but he did not know how to fix it. Very few Keyblade wielders exist these days, and if there was more, Organisation XII is meant to be secret, so how can he get them to join?

He froze. Even though it was still cloudy, a tiny seed of an idea planted in his mind. The rumoured legendary Keyblade wielder. The one that can destroy any Heartless in under a split second; the one that can do ANYTHING. If he had that person on this team then the collection rates will rise considerably.

He gave a malicious grin. Due to the rumours, the Keyblade wielder is in a deep sleep. The man had an idea, one that will get the legend on his side forever.

However, a sacrifice was needed....
And he had just the person in mind for it.

Chapter 1
"I don't exactly remember my past, but I don't let it bother me. After all, I have a life here..."
Those words came out of my mouth, however I could not believe them for a second. I only really said them to make my 'friends' happy.

Though, you tell me; is it even possible for somebody without a heart to have friends?

My name is Roxas. I am fifteen years old and a nobody. I don't understand exactly what nobodies are, just that they were born without a heart. In fact I know nothing these days; people really need to explain.

I tapped the stick of my Sea-Salt ice cream on my knee before turning to the other two beside me; Axel and Xion.
"So how was your mission today?"

Xion momentarily jumped at the sudden direct question; after all, she had been silent most of the time. "Good, I guess. Nothing interesting. Collecting hearts in Wonderland again today." Hesitation. "Though I really have to admit; I dislike Saix."

I paused. That I have to agree with. All three of us hate Saix, the leader of the organisation consisting of nobodies that we belong to. In my opinion, he is as annoying as Moogle. "Don't we all?" I chimed in, relishing every word. From my left, Axel gave a badly-concealed yawn and ran his hands through his spiky red hair. "If you are creating an 'I HATE SAIX' group, then count me in..." He mumbled, gaining a sudden interest in the hustle and bustle of the city below.

Yes. Below. We were sitting on the edge of a clock tower, almost fifty feet into the air.
Call us crazy, but it was pretty nice up here. I really liked looking down at the thousands of people below, people with hearts, as they made their way to work or any other business. Though as nice as it was, it gave me a twinge of envy. What was it like to have a heart, I wonder? How much different is it than being a Nobody? Do people with hearts actually have those little things called 'emotions?'

A sudden movement from my left caught my attention. Xion got up abruptly, holding her hand out and, with a swirl of darkness, a black portal appeared next to her. Those black portals are called Corridors of Darkness; they take a nobody to the Castle that never was, the Organisation's headquarters, and our home.

In a split second, The black-haired female paused and looked back before half- entering the portal.

"I am going to return to castle now. See you tomorrow" she added, shooting me a rapid smile that I returned without a hitch. "See ya tomorrow."

As the corridor vanished after her, I got up too and opened my own portal. Axel stared at me, clearly disappointed. "What, you leaving already?"

I gave a slow nod. "I am tired. See you tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a recon tomorrow. I am sick of all these missions"

Axel smiled, his green eyes singed with cheer. "Yeah, right! You know Saix. Never gonna happen."

I gave the red-haired teen a thumbs up and entered the corridor, leaving the crystal blue sky and blazing yellow sun behind.

The journey, if you could call it that, only lasted less than a moment. In the blink of an eye, I was already inside the bright white walls of the castle that Never Was. Xion was nowhere to be seen; she must have headed to her room early.

I took a couple of steps
forward....

"Roxas!"
And was met by a head of straight purple hair and a scarred nose. "What is it, Saix? It's late." To my un profound surprise (sarcasm), he was hostile again.

As the two of our eyes met, a pregnant silence oozed around us. I was starting to feel uncomfortable, As I always did when around Saix ; he was too controlling. In fact, I don't know how anyone could like him.
"The Heart Collection results are running low." He hissed abruptly, not pausing for one breath. "Tomorrow, as the only Keyblade wielders, I am expecting you and Xion to try harder."

I couldn't help a frustrated grunt. There it is; Collect more hearts! Collect more hearts! That is all he says. No wonder he is heartless; he surely acts like it!

"But sir, I am doing the best I can, and so is Xion! You can't expect us to be perfect"

I froze, shocked. There, in Saix's eyes, was a malicious glint that made my skin crawl and my blood freeze. I could not pinpoint what it was, as it was far too well protected, but it filled my with an overpowering sense of dread; for a second, I could barely move. It was so tempting to shout at the leader, ask him what he was looking at me like that for, but I knew that that would not do to favour. Instead I clenched my fists and kept my voice level. "F-fine. I will try harder" I muttered. And, without waiting for Saix's side of the conversation, I stalked off to my room.

CHAPTER 2
Coming soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom