• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kalinka's Gaming History - Post Your Own!

I'd like to share with you my gaming History both Pre-Ashtar and and current Ashtar eras. I'd like to see how my gaming history differs from that of other people.

Pre-Ashtar era. This is the games I played before knowing my current spouse, Ashtar.

Atari 2600 (1985-1988):
Pac Man - This was one of the very first games I ever played. Horrendous port.
Space Invaders - Not as bad as Pac Man.
Star Master - One of the greatest games for the 2600 era. It was a space shooter.
Space Shuttle - An incredibly fun yet kinda complicated Space shuttle simulator. No combat here.
Video Pinball - A sort of bizzare Pinball game that didn't look like a Pinball game.

DOS games played at school:
The Oregon Trail - I played the DOS version of this game.
Freddy's Rescue Roundup - I had no idea what this game was called UNTIL I mentioned it to Ashtar years later.
Funnels and Buckets - A strange Math game.
PC-Man - A rather pitiful port of Pac Man with CGA graphics, but it was better than the Atari version believe it or not.

NES era. (1988-1994)
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 2: Mario Madness - This game was what I had hoped Heaven would be like when I died.
Super Mario 3 - I did not consider this as good as Mario 2. but it was still very fun,
Tetris: Fun Puzzle game!
Toxic Crusaders - a beatem up I didn't really like.
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Yes I played Zelda II before Zelda I, and I really liked it.
Legend of Zelda: I got so good at this I sequence broke it.
Super Contra: Fun shooter.

Sega Genesis era (1994-1997)
Mortal Kombat - My genesis was purchased on "Mortal Monday" in late 1993. It came with Mortal Kombat rather than Sonic 2 as the Pack IN Title.
Lawnmower Man - This was a bizzare yet fun game. The 3D scenes were amazing for the time on the Genesis.
Crusader of Centy - I really did think this was the third Zelda game.
Terminator 2: Arcade game: Awful game. AWFUL
Mortal Kombat 2 and 3
Eternal Champions

--- Beginning of Ashtar Era ---

Ashtar introduced me to the wonderful world of DOS gaming. At first it was with Tandy 1000 games, and later with other DOS games.

(DOS games)
Mega Man and Mega Man III - Yes these are the fabled "Lost Mega Man games" made by Hi-Tech expressions. compared to the NES versions boy are they horrible. Worse they, they didn't fully support the Tandy Graphics adaptor. and ran in CGA mode, causing them to look AWFUL
Avoid the Noid - Another CGA game, this one good. This game is the basis for the joke in family guy where Adam West murders the noid. This game is extremely hard.
Dangerous Dave - Fun little platformer by iD software.

Apple IIe games
SMIRK - Basically Zork but different. Never found this game again.

NES Games introduced by Ashtar.
The Guardian Legend - This game was absolutely amazing. I wondered why I never had this one.
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight. - This game didn't look ANYTHING like a Street Fighter.
Mega Man III - Wow, just, wow.
Mega Man IV
Final Fantasy 3 NES (Emulator) this game got me so aroused, I once dressed up like Princess Sara in a red bikini and dry-humped Ashtar like that.

Genesis games introduced by Ashtar.
Battletoads and Double Dragon - I really liked this beat-em up and I rented the Nes version once a long time ago.
Sonic Spinball - This didn't feel like a Pinball game to me.
Zombies ate my neighbors - Fun cooperatively.
Ecco The Dolphin - Where was this game when I was growing up?
Ecco II: The Tides of time: I think I made some bad choices in my selection of Genesis games really.
Earthworm Jim: Now I definately know i missed out on a few things.

(Latter era DOS games: Ashtar got an actually NICE computer. (for the time.) an Early Pentium I.)

Wolfenstien 3D - I only had a hack of this game where the enemies were Beavis, Butthead, and Barney.
Doom, Doom II - I didn't like sitting and watching him play, but if you only had one computer, thats all you could do.
Warcraft I - Almost nobody played the first Warcraft. I thought it was really Cute.
Warcraft II - Neither of us liked the second Warcraft as much as the first one.
Quake - I got really mad when I had to go home and eat and Ashtar had beaten a level without me.
Heretic - I liked this game better than Doom I and II, even though it basically WAS Doom with Medieval weapons, it had more creative gameplay elements than Doom did.
Hexen - This game was awesome. It was like a Zelda game in 3D with a first person perspective. It was really difficult and it would be many years before I would complete it.

Married to Ashtar era:

Windows Games (1998-2002)
Starcraft - This game suffered many of the same problems as Warcraft II, but I found it fun regardless.
Heroes of Might and Magic II - Loved this game. More than Ashtar, made him buy the Full game.
Nocturnal Illusion - This game's story is incredible and haunting, play it if you can,
Mechwarrior II - Fun game, but ran really slow on his Pentium I.

DOS games (brought by Ashtar!)
Descent I and Descent II - Holy hot damn! This was really good!
Duke Nukem 3D - Holy ****.
Blood - Holy ****! I don't think I've ever seen a better game before or since!
Rise of the Triad - Why am I blowing up people to the tune of "God bless ye merry gentlemen?"

PSX games: (brought by Ashtar!)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Needs no explanation, a masterpiece in and of itself.
Final Fantasy 6 - Awesome.
Final Fantasy 7 - OMG! I want to be Ashtar's Aeris or Tifa!

Linux games (2003-Present)
FreeDroid RPG - Like Diablo but cuter.
Warzone 2100 - An amazing RTS, better than Starcraft in my opinion.
Quake II - Yes, I played this game's Linux port. Fun, more fun co-op.
Quake 3 Arena: Not as fun as Quake II.
Quake IV - Mind blowing!
Urban Terror - an excellent FPS
Vega Strike - This game was like the Atari's Star Master only done much more realistically.
Abuse SDL - Originally a DOS game, I found this platformer very engaging.
Super Tux Kart - OpenGL Mario Kart with Tux characters.
Project Star Fighter: A freeroming horizontal Space ship game that is very similar to the Arcade game "Sinistar".
Frozen Bubble - fun little puzzle game.
Frogatto and Friends - Very much like "Cave story" a progressive adventure game.
Kobo Deluxe - A Very odd Shoot'em up. Freeroaming, but you destroy these borg cube like things.
Neverball - Nintendo fans might know this game as "Super Monkey Ball".

Post your own history below!

Last edited:
I will not even attempt to match the quality of Kalinka's post but I'll give it a good endeavor.

Instead of doing a bullet point list, which I find rather dull for the purpose of this thread, a narrative will suffice.

My first console was the N64 and my first handheld the Game Boy Color.

My first games for the N64 were Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Sadly I never bought any more until years later I acquired Goldeneye 007 and Super smash Bros.

For GBC, I dabbled in obscure games like Men and Black and Buzz Lightyear. Sadly never went mainstream except for Pokémon.

GBA was my obsession for the next few years with the Super Mario Advance Remakes, Legacy of Goku trilogy, and Wario Land 4 taking center stage. Not to mention Pokémon again. I went on to haven early thirty games for the system.

Nintendo DS was next. So around that time I was almost exclusively a handheld gamer. My collection went on to have over twenty games.

Got a GCN at the end of 2006 and a Wii in early 2007. Super smash Bros. Melee and Brawl cemented my passion for the franchise and led to it becoming my favorite.

And this past March I entered the world of Nintendo 3DS and the 8th Generation of Videogames.

I've also dabbled with Microsoft and Sony but not nearly as much as Nintendo. The XBOX 360 does have amazing online, however, and Halo is definitely the place to go to if you want a good FPS fix.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Here is my gaming history. I started playing games since i'm 7 years old...

1996-2001 (Lower School years)

Genesis
- Crusader of Centy
- Misadventures of Flink
- Landstalker - The Treasures of King Nole
- King Bountry
- Puyo Puyo
- Snowbros 1
- Warsong
- Wonder Boy Of Monster World
- Fantastic Dizzy

ZX Spectrum
- Dizzy 1 - Ultimate Cartoon Adventure
- Dizzy 2 - Treasure Island Dizzy
- Dizzy 3 - Fantasy World Dizzy
- Dizzy 3 ½ - Into Magicland
- Dizzy 4 - Magicland Dizzy

NES
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link

SNES
- The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past
- Super Puyo Puyo 1

PC
- The House of The Dead 1
- Virtual Cops
- Diablo 1
- Warcraft 1
- Warcraft 2 - Tides of Darkness
- Warcraft 2 X - Beyond The Dark Portal

2002-2008 (High School years)

ZX Spectrum
- Dizzy 5 - Spellbound Dizzy
- Dizzy 6 - Prince of the Yolkfolk
- Dizzy 7 - Crystal Kingdom Dizzy

SNES
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Puyo Puyo Tsu

N64
- Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
- Puyo Puyo SUN 64

GBC
- Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening DX
- Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages
- Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons
- Pokemon Crystal
- Puyo Puyo ~ n
- Heroes of Might and Magic II

GBA
- Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance
- Fire Emblem 7 - Blazing Sword
- Fire Emblem 8 - The Sealed Sword
- Fire Emblem 9 - The Sacred Stones
- Harvest Moon - Friend of Mineral Town (E)
- Legend of Zelda A Link to The Past & Four Swords
- Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap
- Pokemon Leaf Green
- Pokemon Emerald
- Puyo Pop
- Tactics Ogre - the Knight of Lodis

PC
- Warcraft 3 - Reign of Chaos
- Warcraft 3 X - Frozen Throne
- Diablo 2
- Diablo 2 X - Lord of Destruction

2009-2011 (Collage Years)

NDS
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time
- A Witchs Tale
- Avalon Code
- Dragon Quest 4 - The Chapters of the Chosen
- Luminous Arc
- Might And Magic - Clash of Heroes
- Pokemon Platinum
- Puyo Pop Fever
- Puyo Pup Fever 2
- Radiant Historia
- Rhapsody - A Musical Adventure
- Rune Factory 1 - A Fantasy Harvest Moon
- The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass
- The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks
- Tingle's Balloon Fight

PC
- Risen 1
- King's Bounty 1 - The Legend
- King Bounty 2- Armored
- Dragon Age 1
- Dragon Age 1 X - Awakening
- Dragon Age 2
- ArcaniA: Gothic 4
- Faery: Legends of Avalon
- Gothic 1
- Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven
- Gothic 3
- DeathSpank 1
- DeathSpank 2 - Thongs of Virtue
- Fable 1 - The Lost Tale

Last edited:
Anyone still interested? Why not join me on the Zelda Dungeon IRC Channel? I'm considering proposing Video walk through of some games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom