• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kakariko=windfall?

i was looking at zeldapedia when i came across an odd, but plausible theory; windfall island is actually kakariko village. here were a few good points the article had.
1. both places are thriving cities. it makes sense that if your city dosn't sink in a deluge, people will stay put.
2. kakariko is at a rather high altitude, so could survive the flood.
3. both are near volcanos (death mountain and dragon roost island) that are speculated to be one and the same.
4. both have bomb shops.
5. kakariko has a graveyard. wind fall has only one grave but it is near a cliff, so the other graves could have fallen into the sea.
6. they have simular music.

It does seem pretty conclusive, there's no other island to my knowledge that would resemble Kakariko more than Windfall Island

One more thing too, Both Kakariko and Windfall have windmills ;)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I was always pretty sure that Kakariko and Windfall were both the same place, it seems pretty obvious anyways.
And Windfall's music is a remix of Kakariko village.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I once made a Geography comparison between TP and TWW. The hidden village lined up with Windfall island.

On another note: If you line up the OoT and TWW maps, Kakariko lines up with Windfall.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I like to think that they're just both large cities in their respective games. I think the similar music is just a result of their creators trying to keep similar themes where chronologically similar locations are. (for example Outset Island and the Kokiri Forest also share a particular theme, and both are where the main character begins his quest; however, the Kokiri Forest is more similar to Forest Haven in WW imo)

It does seem pretty conclusive, there's no other island to my knowledge that would resemble Kakariko more than Windfall Island

One more thing too, Both Kakariko and Windfall have windmills ;)

oh yah! i totally forgot abut the windmills, duh!:P

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
It seems to be right, Windfall island does look like Kakariko village. But Kakariko has more space on land and Windfall is about half the size of Kakariko, but then again when the flood happened maybe kakariko probably lost most of its land while the great flood was happening. Also most of the traits ottobot pointed out from research and friends seems to apply that Windfall is most likely Kakariko.

Zarom

The King
Hmm... That's a great theory. I never really tought about it before. But after seeing all the things both villages have in common, I do think that Winfall Island is indeed, Kakariko Village. They both have similar traits, so it's pretty obvious that they are the same village. :nod:

Not only that, I also think that Dragon Roost Island is Death Mountain. And Kakariko Village and Death Mountain are always really close, so that theory is plausible. And the Forest Haven is Kokiri Forest. :)

Ehh, I don't really see it being possible. It's an interesting idea, and I suppose it could be true, but I don't think there's much proof...

1. both places are thriving cities. it makes sense that if your city dosn't sink in a deluge, people will stay put.
True, but consider that while Kakariko and Castle Town are generally the only towns to appear in Zelda games, there's no way they're the only towns or even cities in Hyrule. There has to be loads of other ones.

Also, if the village itself was left unharmed (or mostly so) why would the name change? Wouldn't it be Kakariko Island or something?

2. kakariko is at a rather high altitude, so could survive the flood.
Kakariko isn't at a high altitude. It's always been placed at the base of Death Mountain. It's at the bottom, so it's at a low altitude. It's true that it could still be in highlands or raised ground, but it's clear that at least in most of the games, it's not, it's pretty much at the same level as the rest of the terrain.

3. both are near volcanos (death mountain and dragon roost island) that are speculated to be one and the same.
Good point... but isn't Windfall a little far from Dragon Roost for them to be both Kakariko and Death Mountain? Even if Dragon Roost Island isn't Death Mountain, it still doesn't make sense because Kakariko is at Death Mountain's base; if Windfall is Kakariko then Death Mountain would have to be nearby towering out of the water.

4. both have bomb shops.
True. But then again, most of the games have areas with Bomb Shops, indicating that it's a common thing in the world of Zelda.

Also, the only game that gives Kakariko Bomb Shop specifically, is Twilight Princess, which is on a different timeline from Wind Waker. Not sure if that proves much though... it probably doesn't.

5. kakariko has a graveyard. wind fall has only one grave but it is near a cliff, so the other graves could have fallen into the sea.
Good point. I think most villages in medieval times had their own graveyards, but not necessarily all of them and some might have shared graveyards with nearby villages or churches. Also, doesn't mean it directly translates over to the world of Zelda anyway.

6. they have simular music.
I personally don't agree, but even if I did, it doesn't mean much because Zelda games often recycle music, even in definitely unrelated areas in different kingdoms or even dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom