• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Kafei-Link

Do they look alike?

• Kafei-Link do look alike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anju-Saria do look alike

• None of them look alike

• Both look alike

• Total voters

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
So, we all know that Termina is a parallel of Hyrule. There is an "other side" for main characters but who is Link's? Some time ago I notices Kafei looks a lot like Link
images
images
If you ask me they are very alike. Of course Link is yellow haired and Kafei is blueish hair

Now other point I want to bring up is the similarity of Anju and Saria. The face is almost the same one (except of course Anju is adult)
images
images
Does this mean that Link's possible girlfriend in OoT is Saria. Again hair color changes

Discuss am I right or Im totally lost?

Last edited:
I believe that Kafei is Link's Terminian counterpart, but not just off of appearances.

First, I'll explain with their situations. In the previous game, Ocarina of Time, Link started as a child, and after pulling the Master Sword out of the Pedestal of Time, he was sealed for 7 years and became an adult. Kafei on the other hand, encounters the Skull Kid, through some unseen event, and is transformed from a man to a kid. The two situations are opposite, but they're still very much alike.

Another thing I would like to bring up is the Ocarina of Time and the Pendant of Memories. In the beginning of Majora's Mask, Link loses the Ocarina of Time. When he gets it back, we find out that the Ocarina of Time was given to him by Princess Zelda. Kafei has the Pendant of Memories and gives it to Link so he can deliver it to Anju. Link obtains an item from someone precious to him; Kafei gives an item to someone precious to him.

As for the Anju and Saria bit, I don't agree. Also, I'd like to bring up that just because Anju is similar to the Cucco Lady doesn't mean she can also be someone else's counterpart. In an edit, I will explain about the possibility of Anju and Princess Zelda being counterparts.

Edit:
Onto the Anju and Zelda possibility:
The Ocarina and Time and Pendant of Memories bit for Link and Kafei can be used here for Anju and Zelda.

One of the things that make them similar is there mind-set. Both Anju and Zelda believed they will see their precious ones again. During the flashback with Zelda, she says "And I believe in my heart that a day will come when I shall meet you again." If the Anju and Kafei sidequest is done correctly to the end, you will find out that Anju has stayed at the Stockpot Inn, knowing that Kafei would come back to her, and he did.

I think that's the only thing I can think of right now, so if I find anything else I'll include it through an edit.

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
I really don't see much resemblance between Link and Kafei other than that they part their hair in the middle. However, I am very intrigued by what PA said. There are certainly some aspects of their lives that are oddly reminiscent of each other, but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'd say that Kafei is his "Terminian Counterpart". Although, I won't deny the possibility. It's an interesting theory.

With Anju and Saria, again, the only similarities physically are that their hair (and Hylian ears, of course) is somewhat similar, I guess. As said earlier, Anju's "counterpart" is from OoT in the Cucco Lady (I think that they're probably actually the exact same person). Here's a thought, though - Anju does resemble Marin from LA, or at least I think she kind of does. And, if Kafei is Link's Terminian counterpart, it is possible that Anju is Marin's Terminian counterpart. Kafei and Anju are an item, and there is possible romance between Marin and Link, but it may be more reasonable to say that Zelda, rather than Marin, is a counterpart to Anju.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I see no resemblance in any of the characters. Link's characteristics in both personality and looks vary too much. Same with Saria and Anju.

P

pokemainiac

I don't think so, because the Terminan counterparts appear to have similar personalities, so Link's doppelgänger would have to be very courageous, and Kafei, if he was Link, should've sorted his own problems out.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I don't really think so. One reason I think so is because, there's no alternate Zelda or Ganon, and that would lead to me believing there would be no alternate Link. And Majora's Mask has some characters that don't appear in OoT like Kafei, or the professor and his daughter in Ikana Canyon. I'm pretty sure that Termina and Hyrule have at least some characters that only appear in one world like I stated earlier.

There is a slight possibility that Kafei and Link are alternates since you can control Kafei in Sakon's hideout, but you can also control Medli and Makar in WW. So I'm not sure if that would contribute to anything or not.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
Anju sort of looks like older Malon, and of course the cucco lady in Kakariko Village.

I don't think Kafei looks like anyone and I don't see him being a counterpart to Link at all.

I don't think there is a counterpart for everyone, if you remember Ingo, for example, had three characters resembling his physical features, so I don't think Termina is that much of another dimension, I even believe that using the same sprites was just to emphasize the idea that Link feels it is a familiar yet different world, but it doesn't mean they were exactly dressed and body shapped.

This clear, I don't think Kafei is the counterpart of Link, though he had some spirit on him that would make it suitable to qualify him for a courageous boy, still, Link personality is something we don't know with certainity so it is hard to compare him with anyone else, for all we know Link counterpart could be the lil deku that died, he ran away pretty much Link stood away from the forest in OoT, the butler seemed ina way to have the politeness from the great deku Tree... It is all we can do assume, because we can't have a definitive answer, not even a definitive clue, Does Link & Zelda similarities with Kafei and Anju where intended?

We can't know now, but given the way Majora's Mask story and characters spin, we can come up with many theories around it, and that's always an interesting read for me.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
They both have major similarities, one thing that connects Link and Kafei is that they share the same character model and even some annimations like running and when they get hurt. They are obviously the around the exact same age (even though kafei should be older (like OoT adult Link old??? probably, Anju looks about that age)) and as for Saria.. yeah I can see a few things they have in common like the hair style and the eye color. Are they an alternate version of Link <3 Saria? Maybe, their pairing reminds me a litlle of TP Link and Ilia. Now that I think about it that way, I'm convinced there is some merit behind this possibility. It would make sense since all of these love interests are introduced to you at the beginning of the game. Saria, Ilia and Anju all play a sister/mother role. but in Anju's case the relationship is a lot more intament. Cause Kafei and Anju are supposed to get hooked up XD

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Anju already has a look alike and that is the Cucco lady, As for the Link and Kafei, I think it is highly unlikely. It sounds more like a fanfiction story than a real theory to me, but great observation I can see how you think that but I find hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom