• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jump Attack

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
Okay I have been waching the SS gameplay videos and I noticed that there is no jump attack. That worries me because I love to use it but I'm thinking that it is being replaced by the veritical spin attack. Can any one tell me if it is in SS and how you use it.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I think you have no reason to fear, I'm almost certain there is a jump attack.

Hold on while I go rewatch some SS vids and find some spot where someone uses it...

Ok this was the first one I found: at 00:34, Link does a jump attack in midair.

[video=youtube;L4IM7A9c4SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4IM7A9c4SI[/video]

If I find a better one I'll report back here. I'm almost certain though that they would not replace the jump attack, and certainly not with the vertical spin attack of all things. Don't worry~ :)

People also seemed to think that dashing replaced rolling. This is also not the case. I don't remember the button sequence, but I remember that it was possible to roll in the midst of dashing.

While they may be cutting back on items to focus more on functionality, I don't think we need to assume that Nintendo will be adding things only at the expense of others~ ^^

Watch the video, the jump attack is still there, but you do have to swing the Wiimote to perform it, if I'm correct.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like pressing A, like in every other 3D Zelda, makes Link jump forward, and when you swing mid-jump he actually performs the jump attack.

People also seemed to think that dashing replaced rolling. This is also not the case. I don't remember the button sequence, but I remember that it was possible to roll in the midst of dashing.

Rolling is done by flicking the Nunchuk while sprinting/dashing.

Pen

The game is on!
I think you have no reason to fear, I'm almost certain there is a jump attack.

Hold on while I go rewatch some SS vids and find some spot where someone uses it...

Ok this was the first one I found: at 00:34, Link does a jump attack in midair.

[video=youtube;L4IM7A9c4SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4IM7A9c4SI[/video]

If I find a better one I'll report back here. I'm almost certain though that they would not replace the jump attack, and certainly not with the vertical spin attack of all things. Don't worry~ :)

While they may be cutting back on items to focus more on functionality, I don't think we need to assume that Nintendo will be adding things only at the expense of others~ ^^

There is also a jump attack at 1:46, performed from the ground. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom