• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jobs!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've worked at McDonalds for over 4 years now, first I was a Kitchen Crew person but now I can work in the Kitchen, Drive Thru and Front Counter sections. McDonalds has offered me some great development opportunities throughout my time there and after about a year of working as a crew member I was promoted to Crew Trainer which pretty much involves me training new crew and setting an example for other crew. After doing that for a while I was promoted to Crew Chief and that involves being the head of the Crew Training team and ensuring that the Trainers are doing their job properly and to help them out when needed, all while still training new people myself. Then earlier this year I have started doing shifts as an Area Supervisor (Kitchen Area Manager), this involves me managing anywhere from 2-15 people in the kitchen and ensuring that they are all working well and taking appropriate breaks etc. This year my store's owner and supervisors are going to help me to apply for a scholarship (for McDonalds employees) to cover a certain amount of university fees for the course of my choice at any Australian University which will be very helpful if I manage to win it. So they have always made a great environment for their employees which is what makes the job so enjoyable.

McDonalds is my first job so I haven't worked anywhere else to compare but I really enjoy it, mostly because the other crew members and managers are all friendly people. A lot of other people that have worked at McDonalds stores have said they didn't like it, I guess it depends on the store that you work at and the people/customers there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom