• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I've Come to the Conclusion We Know About Only Three Dungeons Right Now.

Forest (this is what the Sky Temple is called now)
Fire (self-explanatory)
Desert (if you watch the TGS video at 1:59 and 2:52, you'll notice sand and electricity, plus there is the whole minecart thing going on in the desert just as there is in that trailer clip of the mechanical area)

That sounds right. I haven't seen anything new. A snow temple is pretty imminent, since we saw Link fighting that giant creature on a slope covered in snow. I love ice temples, so I'm super excited for that. Also, in the E3 trailers, we've seen some kind of footage of a mechanical temple, maybe similar to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. I'm also crossing my fingers for a water temple (pretty obvious), and some other really creative ones.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
That sounds right. I haven't seen anything new. A snow temple is pretty imminent, since we saw Link fighting that giant creature on a slope covered in snow. I love ice temples, so I'm super excited for that. Also, in the E3 trailers, we've seen some kind of footage of a mechanical temple, maybe similar to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. I'm also crossing my fingers for a water temple (pretty obvious), and some other really creative ones.
The Mechanical Temple is the Desert dungeon. Sand can be seen within the dungeon, and patterns from the dungeon can be seen in the desert outside it. A water temple, however, is extremely likely. From the TGS trailer, there is a large water area with structures deep under water. The design of the water and precedence also beg for a water dungeon.

I think I can agree with the OP. There may be a scene here or there that's part of another dungeon but is indistinguishable from the overworld, but out of the scenes with common elements, they easily fit into these three categories.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes, I thought that as well. It is possible for an area to have more than one dungeon. Also, (0:17) shows another submerged section, plus many other scenes have a similar water-forest feel. It gives me the impression that this is a subsection of sorts to the forest area.

That's one of the only parts of the game that is worrying me, too. I can't think of any other thing that we'd have to do there other than using the iron boots and I've never liked the iron boots. They slow down Link's walking speed far too much and you need to roll/dash constantly just to get any sort of decent speed and even then it's still way too slow. Maybe we won't really NEED to dive under and we need to swim on those lily pads to find somewhere entirely new? Idk, they said in the Game Informer article that the younger staff on this game wants to take out frustrating elements, so hopefully the iron boots are gone for good.

I truly don't like the mechanical theme for the Desert Temple. I would have prefered more of a Spirit Temple vibe to it.

I'm pretty sure we know about four or five dungeons.

Obviously theres the Sky Temple, Fire Temple, and Mechanical dungeon.

In the GDC trailer, at the part where Link slashes the moblin's shield it appears that he is in a forest dungeon. At first I assumed this was a part of the Sky Temple, but then I noticed that Link has much more health than he does in the other Sky Temple footage. Then I also noticed that Link has the lyre at this point. Since we know Link does not get the Lyre until later in the game (probably after a typical midgame plot twist/event. I'm assuming it will be the scene where Zelda is in front of that gear object) we can assume that this temple is accessed later in the game, making it a new temple.

Then there are also a few short clips out there of a desert dungeon that may or may not be related to the mechanical dungeon

I pondered something regarding the submerged forest area in one of the videos. If the 'Forest temple' dungeon is in that particular area, will it receive a sort of "structure overhaul"? That is to say, will the forest dungeon seem like a new area under those "submerged" conditions? If so, that will surely confirm my initial thoughts pertaining to dungeon design aspects. [a forest/water dungeon?]

Moreover, if some areas are to be back-tracked in Skyward Sword, I wonder if they will all receive a sort of overhaul, where new areas become accessible under a variety of new conditions... [example above]

Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what do you mean? In what way could it seem different just because it's submerged underwater?

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. Would it seem like a new area in some ways? Would new dungeon mechanics [and the like] be revealed in a submerged forest dungeon that would not be there under normal [not submerged] conditions...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, well.. Idk, I think that would necessitate iron boots and I'm REALLY hoping iron boots don't make an appearance in this game. They're so slow and cumbersome in every game they appear in, like the Goron Mines for example... or Wind Waker made them super slow, too. Considering the cartoony nature of this game, maybe iron boots would be just as fast as any other boot, except sticks you to the surface of the water? Idk, I'd just really like a water dungeon that isn't SLOW. This coming from a big fan of OoT's water temple.

I with they wouldn't call them the "forrest" and "fire" temples, i mean come on there are 3 forrest temples! why couldn't they pull a majora's mask and name them after the regieon, ie: eldin temple

the little of what we've seen from the desert area looks really awsome

I hope there is a water temple(not with that exact same) late in the game so it will be extreamally challenging and huge and become more "legendary" then the way too EASY one in OoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom