• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's That time of the year again! What is your favorite Christmas Special?

Djinn

and Tonic

Anything from Christmas specials of series, or stand alone specials like the old Rankin Bass claymation features. Which one do you love the most?

I still think my favorite is Mr Hankey's Christmas Classics from South Park. It's the special consisting of carols sung by various characters.

One of my favorites is actually one of the most obscure these days (damn copyright laws preventing it's showing on tv!) but the simply titled Claymation Christmas Special is amazing. Hard to believe that this things has been buried under legal trouble for decades. It was also Christmas carols sung or played by various animated characters.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
To be fair, my family tend to watch the Dr. Who christmas special every year, even if it's different times of the day. We don't really watch TV much anymore, all of it's kinda crap.

D

Deleted member 14134

Definitely the Shrek Christmas special. I look forward to seeing it hs year almost as much as I look forward to seeing him announced for Smash.

Does South Park's Woodland Critter Christmas count? I'm not much of a Christmas fan.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The Christmas Carol is my favorite. Every version of it is just spectacular, I love it.

Mido

Version 1
Does South Park's Woodland Critter Christmas count? I'm not much of a Christmas fan.

From what I hear, it seems to be particularly underrated. I never saw it myself, but I would say that it counts!

....and 24 HOURS OF A CHRISTMAS STORY <3

Christmas Story 2, anyone? :right:

Back to the topic at hand, my favorite Christmas special/movie has to be The Muppet Christmas Carol. It has the customary grim moments that most of the adaptations have, but the tone of the movie is equally bouncy and lighthearted. Not to mention, the music is actually very memorable, aside from one or two songs. Lastly, Sir Michael Caine is superb as Scrooge!

Really, that one's underrated? That's one of the best South Park episodes, christmas special or not.

The Rankin/Bass movies, particularly fond of the Rudolph movies and Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Nightmare Before Christmas

Charlie Brown Christmas Special

Mido

Version 1
Really, that one's underrated? That's one of the best South Park episodes, christmas special or not.

I'll have to come clean on this, I am most certainly a casual fan of the series, which is probably why I didn't know of the episode's acclaim! :eek: Nevertheless, my earlier statement still stands! ^^

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The Doctor Who Christmas special, I always look forward to that one, though this year I especially look forward to it since it will feature my favourite character :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom