• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It Seems Like I Will Actually Use the Slingshot More Now.

This looks like another good thing about Skyward Sword.

In Twilight Princess the slingshot became laughably useless when you got the bow because they both had the same rate of fire, the only differences being the arrows had longer range and were more powerful.

It seems like this will change because according to the demo videos, it's pretty difficult to shoot the bow close range. By the time you get in to position and pull it back, the enemy has already found you and is attacking you. It's also very time consuming with mulitiple targets like spiders on vines.

Because the slingshot is just like before i will probably see myself using the slingshot for close range stuff and the bow for medium-long range stuff.

Hopefully it will be like this with the rest of the items where you actually use each of them equally.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think this is exactly right!

The use of the Motion+ is giving each weapon it's own unique purposes and gameplay. It makes each item more fit for given purposes. The Slingshot for rapid fire, low power, close range shots. The Bow and Arrow for slower, high power, long range shots. It is really very god design and will make the game as a whole more interesting. It will also make acquiring each item more exciting.

Beeker

Wild Card
This is exactly what I want to happen in this game.I'd rather have fewer items that are used in more places than the dungeon they are found in than tons of useless items. It's good that the slingshot has its own purpose instead of something you use before you get your bow, and then don't use anymore.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
You bring up a good point. At first, I was a bit disgruntled having two of essentially the same weapon, but now that you mention that there appears to be more of a difference in usage between the bow and slingshot, it seems like both will be used just as frequently but for different reasons.

L

Lilcross

Interesting point. The slingshot is your pistol (A weak one, though.). The bow is your sniper rifle.

i like the idea of the slingshot being useful because i dislike the idea of having an item that you use once, and then sits in the inventory doing nothing. also, it will make it more difficult to use the bow, if it takes longer to shoot, so it will be less of a pull-out-and-kill-everything tool like it was in PH and ST

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Since the bow is aimed with the Wiimote upright (like Wii Sports Resort), the Slingshot should be aimed with the pointer. That will make it more accurate and more useful in close-range combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom