• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler It Looks Like Us Fanboys Got What We Wanted

This game is looking like its going to please the fans by giving them what they were looking for.
What we know so far:
Amazing emphasis on the story - Not just on the game but on the entire series. It will answer a question many fans have been asking: How did the Master Sword come into being? Yes, you heard me right, Skyward Sword is about the origin of the Master Sword. What more can you ask for? (Well, maybe a reference as to whether it happens before or after Minish Cap,like a mention of the four sword)
Tougher Enemies - On the gameplay video, the AI seemed extremely intelligent and advanced. They would block your attacks. and you have to move the sword in specific ways to get through their defenses. This game will definitely be more challenging than recent titles.
Realistic Graphics - While this game is cel-shaded, the graphics are still detailed and realistic. It combines the beauty of Wind Waker with the realism of Twilight Princess, while still, as far as I can tell, managing to keep a serious tone without letting it get too dark.
What else are you expecting or desiring for Skyward Sword? Please share your opinions here.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I'm totally loving the gameplay features/motion controls; I hoped that something like this would have happened in TP but never did. Battling is going to be challenging yet extremely fun at the same time. =D

L

Legendary Dude

The game looks pretty cool. I think I have heard it takes place a few hundred years before Ocarina of time.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think the game looks great. I would've prefered the mystery if how the master sword came into being to gnaw at my bones every night though. Call me crazy, but thats how I feel.

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think they would have revealed it if they didn't have other big surprises and plot twists in the game. My guess is the that story of the sword is revealed in the first act of the game.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I felt compelled to post in this thread since I'm a girl :P

As for what you said,

Amazing emphasis on the story - Agreed! Not to mention in the GDC trailer, inclusion of (Sheik's?) harp/lyre, I'd expect perhaps Sheikah to be involved, and the dark interlopers referenced in TP (who perhaps might be the Sheikah?). Oh, and the GDC trailer music played backwards hints at an emphasis on the royal family...
Tougher enemies - Yes! Especially with the 1:1 motion control, there will be added difficulty in aiming your blows properly instead of mindless button mashing. Though as to the full heart of health dealt per enemy blow in the demo...I'm not positive Nintendo will keep that in the final game. They might have opted to put that only in the demo. Though...lets at least wait until E3 to see how the next demo is (I'm assuming there will be one).
Realistic Graphics - Yeah! Wait....what? :huh: I'm loving SS's graphical style, but I don't think I would describe it as realistic xD Definitely stylized and beautiful to look at though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom