• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is VR the Future for Zelda?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I've been thinking about this a lot, could we see a Zelda game in VR? I know that Zelda games are usually in the 3rd person view, but we have seen that Nintendo is willing to make big changes and we have also seen drastic improvements in VR technology. I remember when it was still a cool idea, you could only look around, but now you can move and interact with objects in game, it makes me imagine myself holding the Master Sword and fighting Ganon.

What do you think? Will we ever see Zelda take a dip into the VR world? Will we see a Nintendo produced VR kit?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

It sounds good on paper but where can you go in Zelda where you can not go on Earth? Most of the places in Zelda have a real life counterpart that is infinitly more fun and interesting to explore. I know many will state not everyone has money to do that but the only true VR expierence we have right now is the Vive, and that costs lots of money for poor/low skill people too.

If Nintendo would allow me to connect my vive to their system or create a better version of the vive then I would be set.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
VR should be the future of Zelda. I think it would be the best way to experience the series. I absolely love the VR experience and find it to be the most immersive way to play.

I doubt it, or at least I certainly hope not. Either they'll experiment for a while and just drop it, or they could just not bother since the VR fad will have already passed by the time they come out with a new major title,

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Worth a shot. Nintendo could easily make some stupid labo vr stuff and it may actually be a cool way to experience Zelda

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't think there will be VR Zelda, at least in the next decade. There are still a lot of issues with VR such as price point and comfort (makes so many people dizzy, especially over long periods). I'm not too fond on the idea myself either, and I hope they'll pump out main series Zelda games in non-VR into the future.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
VR should be the future of Zelda. I think it would be the best way to experience the series. I absolely love the VR experience and find it to be the most immersive way to play.
I got nothing more to add than you're absolutely right.

Oh yes I got something more to add :P VR is the future of not only gaming but also the entertainment business in general. I think it would be a great opportunity for Nintendo to add this to the world of Zelda. With technology developping so fast I would even see it as a missed opportunity if this wouldn't be part of the future Zelda franchise.

Reactions: Dio

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I got nothing more to add than you're absolutely right.

Oh yes I got something more to add :P VR is the future of not only gaming but also the entertainment business in general. I think it would be a great opportunity for Nintendo to add this to the world of Zelda. With technology developping so fast I would even see it as a missed opportunity if this wouldn't be part of the future Zelda franchise.

Unless they start making cheaper rigs, not really no i don't want to pay a few hundred for what amounts to only one game (and yes it WOULD only be for one game) It's the reason why i've not picked up a switch as of yet, nothing that i think is particularly good.

It sounds good on paper but where can you go in Zelda where you can not go on Earth? Most of the places in Zelda have a real life counterpart that is infinitly more fun and interesting to explore. I know many will state not everyone has money to do that but the only true VR expierence we have right now is the Vive, and that costs lots of money for poor/low skill people too.

There's several places actually like active volcanoes, floating cities, even inside of a whale. Sure a person can visit castles, ziggurats, forests, and deserts. But where are all the races, puzzles, weapons, enemies? I don't think it would be a good idea to go around swinging a sword and shooting a bow in any of the places you can go to on Earth. There are no Gorons or Zora's on Earth. LoZ is more than just going to places, that was poor reasoning.

Dan

There's several places actually like active volcanoes, floating cities, even inside of a whale. Sure a person can visit castles, ziggurats, forests, and deserts. But where are all the races, puzzles, weapons, enemies? I don't think it would be a good idea to go around swinging a sword and shooting a bow in any of the places you can go to on Earth. There are no Gorons or Zora's on Earth. LoZ is more than just going to places, that was poor reasoning.

There's nothing stopping you from visiting an active volcano so long as you bring some ice. Floating cities are overated they're just cities but there's sky below you, walk upside down in any city and you'll get the same effect. You can go inside a whale providing its dead first. We have all the weapons Link has, you can purchase a bow and arrow, you'll find they are more fun to use in real life. We have puzzles go play scrabble or something.

Gorons are essentially black people and our Gorons have far more lore behind them. Our world is far far more interesting than any virtual world can ever be, every place you visit in our world has tons of interesting lore behind which can be found in various books and blogs on the internet. Going inside a whale in the Zelda universe is really just bunch of gory textures and that's it, the lore behind said whale is not even a page long, just some poorly written npcs stating **** like "this whale is old but he's also cool".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom