• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Twilight Princess HUGE!!!

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Now ive beat the game twice now,and i found it a bit Overwhelming when i beat it for some odd reason,for the simple fact that the game WAYYYYYY too huge.Hyrule field in TP Felt like wasted space,dont get me wrong in me saying zelda had too much space in the first place. But it was too big OOT's HF Was perfect,no matter where you were(N,W,E,S) There was some other place that you could go to.TP Is just TOO DAMN HUGE!!!
GIVE ME YOUR OPINION NOW SIR

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
It's really not that huge. In other games you can explore a lot more. I think, though, that the emptiness does make it appear bigger at first. But really, no, I don't think TP's areas were too big at all. A lot of it was just eye candy, as there is much that you cannot explore at all.

I actually thought TP was disappointingly small. At least compared to the image it gave you of size.

Hyrule Field was kinda big in terms of pure stretch of land, but it contained practically nothing. It was hollow, so I don't consider it large. Then you had the Gerudo Desert and Snowpeak, but they were just brief stretches of land, not real overworld areas, so I feel similarly.

It constantly projected this epic image, but in my opinion never really followed up on it. It was a pretty contained world.

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
Twiight Princess was fine for me.. If it wasn't for all the sapce where would you put the hidden bugs and pieces of heart and everything..

I liked the freedom of being able to explore all the places in TP Its just felt more realistic In real life there is huge fields to explore too..

I actually thought TP was disappointingly small. At least compared to the image it gave you of size.

Hyrule Field was kinda big in terms of pure stretch of land, but it contained practically nothing. It was hollow, so I don't consider it large. Then you had the Gerudo Desert and Snowpeak, but they were just brief stretches of land, not real overworld areas, so I feel similarly.

It constantly projected this epic image, but in my opinion never really followed up on it. It was a pretty contained world.

Too bad OoT and TWW were just as empty but some would argue that you could visit the islands in TWW.

Too bad OoT and TWW were just as empty but some would argue that you could visit the islands in TWW.
OoT was empty, but small. It didn't give the false sense of epic expanse that TP did. As for TWW... yeah, there too I suppose. The only difference is it makes sense it was so empty; it was an ocean. It sucked gameplay-wise but it's logical. Maybe there was more to it, but it just seemed it worked better in TWW.

Ahhh...... i just use warp zones so no
Heh, that reminds me about something that bothered me. Basically you were forced to choose between warping and riding Epona as your mode of transport until near the end of that whole quest to get into the City in the Sky, because until then you couldn't call Epona from anywhere, only from certain (rare) Horse Grass spots. :(

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I actually disagree. I think there should be more space. I mean, do you go around in real life and say "There is too much space here?!" No, you don't. To make it realistic they need to make it look big! Also, seeing as you can explore places to get things, it has to be that size. And don't you just love running around as Link exploring places for fun?

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
Oh my gosh, I remember when I first played it and set foot on the first part of Hyrule. I was all 'OH MY GOD IT'S SO HUGE.' Now that I've beaten in three times, it's just normal to me. Not really big now. D: I guess we all feel like that towards games of all kinds that have "vast lands".

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Twilight Princess was far from huge. When you compare it between the three 3-D games it is the third smallest overworld. However, size did not change the fact that it was the most diverse of them. Twilight Princess only seemed huge because unlike the N64, the Gamecube could take advantage of camera angles to make many places that were far off appear from the distance, increasing the size in your eyes.

However, what did this overworld had to offer? It didn't offer much but it was a step in the right direction for a really great overworld. The problem was that it lacked the excitement and enemy amount of Termina Field and didn't have the expansion of the Great Sea. However, the overworld wasn't just some very slow sailing, it also wasn't of cramped.

Hyrule Field in TP did evolve as you traveled through it and that makes it very good. There are also very interesting secret dungeons hidden throughout it that gives it a good charm. Though the enemies were easy as heck, the raining Kargorok and the riding Bublins were very fun to fight while on horseback.

So no, TP's Hyrule wasn't huge, it just had a lot of great stuff in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom