• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is There a Split Timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my last thread was my first post, I guess I did okay even though I didn't research enough. But now I have enough evidence to prove my point next time. But for now, i'm gonna talk about the split timeline theory. But first I need to answer a few questions. #1: I do know that there is a different Link in every game (unless there's a sequal). I used to think that but Axle the beast cleared that up (see mailbag #19). #2: I have heard of the split timeline theory and i'm gonna share my thoughts about it. So let's get started.

Before I get into the story, I want to say that there might be a split timeline and there might not be. I'm not sure what my opinion is on it but I just want to show that it's possible either way.

OOT ends with link visiting zelda to warn Hyrule about what Ganon will do if he isn't stopped. And in TP, we see the sages fail to kill him so they banish him to the twilight realm. that's the child timeline. But in the adult timeline, Ganon stays in the sacred realm and eventually breaks his seal which leads us into TWW. BUT, the words "what if" mean nothing alot of the time. What if zelda didn't send Link back his time? Then TP wouldn't exist. But guess what? Zelda DID send Link back to his own time. There can't be two futures. It's not possible. Once you do one thing, it changes the future, not creates an alternate timeline. Very possibly, the adult timeline could be imagination. It could be Link and Zelda thinking "what if I didn't do that? Maybe this would happen". Now don't go saying that I don't believe in the split timeline because I do believe that a split timeline is possible.

Well that's what I think. So if anybody says that there is a split timeline or there isn't a split timeline, you can use these reasons. I know that there are more reasons that there isn't a split timeline and you may be thinking that I don't believe in the split timeline, but think what you like. Hope this helps:)

(P.S. I'll say that after every thread)

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
Well, I agree there could or couldn't be a "split timeline". But Gametrailers.com makes a good point with there Legend of Zelda Retrospective "split timeline theory", they back it up with facts (if you could call it facts), but they also point out that any little flaw in there timeline could dissprove all af it. I for one think it's a little to complex for Nintendo, no offense to there smarts but I think that Nintendo is just making games for the money and the fans and leaving all that speculation for the zelda game freaks like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom