• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Whale from the E3 Trailer Really the Servant of the Goddesses or is It Evil?

Is the Whale a servant of the Goddesses or is it evil

• The wale is the servant of the Goddesses Ghirahim mentions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The whale is evil and probably serves Ghirahim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Majoras mask

Creepy purple guy!
What Was That !?

i was watching various videos about the upcoming and well anticipated and noticed a flying whale (which i'm sure you have too) what was it? It is meant to be a servant to the godess. I'd love to hear your various theories about what it was. I heard it may be the wind fish or lord jab-jabu but it would be nice for someone to be able to justify it.

Anyway, i'd love to hear your opinions on it :) :fairy: :mastersword:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wow. You guessed the exact thing it is. A servant of the goddess of Skyloft. None of us guessed anything near that until Ghirahim in that demo video said that Zelda was "snatched away by that loathsome servant of the goddess." That's impressive. :yes:

It appears to be a gigantic fish or a whale of some kind. Some people believe it is a part of a dream, and/or that it might symbolize impending doom. I'm not 100% on it being the "loathsome servant of the Goddess" deal, but that may very well be the case...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
From what Ghirahim said, it's pretty obvious.

No, not really it was quite ambiguous. He never referred to the whale, just a servant. It could easily be a red herring or a misinterpretation, the possibility is high, but it definitely isn't confirmed.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
From all we know it could be an alteration of Lord Jabu Jabu. We only know that he just sits in one spot in OoT, so he could have had some significance in the story. He might have been used as the servant of the goddess for a short time, but then was cast down to be a Zora Lord.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The creature actually looked more like an eel when I first saw it, but I suppose it's a bit too bulky to be considered that.

Yes, when Ghirahim references the Goddess(es), he probably meant the beast that swallowed Zelda belonged to them. I wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with Zelda's inauguration as royalty, because in SS she's a classmate of Link's, but a Princess throughout later history. :) I hope Nintendo brings her story into play, as well as the Master Sword's forging.

G

GhirahimFan

well, I think its a servant of the goddess because if it was evil, ghirahim wouldnt have had to look for zelda in the sky temple

I still can't believe that so many people think that whale is the "servant of the goddess". There is absolutely NO hard evidence to support it. All the evidence points to it being evil. That evidence is: it looks evil. That's the only evidence there is. I mean, come on. When has Nintendo ever had a character/deity/being look like THAT and be on the good side?

Also, this poll's two answers might both be wrong. I said it before in another post, but what if this "goddess" is evil. It is possible, and let me explain why by dissecting what Ghirahim says:

"She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away."

Goddess. Singular. Ghirahim refers to only one goddess. Therefore, this goddess could probably be a new deity (namely, not Din, Nayru, or Farore). Therefore, we can not assume anything about her alignment.

The more important part of the quote, however, is the beginning: "She was nearly ours..." Now, I'm not the first one to say this but it makes the most sense. We never see the whale "snatch" Zelda. We only see her falling towards the whale's opening jaws. Given the fact that the whale looks ominous at best (evil at worst) and we see the whale ALMOST grab Zelda, then that leaves room for someone to save her, or "snatch" her away from the jaws of evil.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I still can't believe that so many people think that whale is the "servant of the goddess". There is absolutely NO hard evidence to support it. All the evidence points to it being evil. That evidence is: it looks evil. That's the only evidence there is. I mean, come on. When has Nintendo ever had a character/deity/being look like THAT and be on the good side?

Also, this poll's two answers might both be wrong. I said it before in another post, but what if this "goddess" is evil. It is possible, and let me explain why by dissecting what Ghirahim says:

"She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away."

Goddess. Singular. Ghirahim refers to only one goddess. Therefore, this goddess could probably be a new deity (namely, not Din, Nayru, or Farore). Therefore, we can not assume anything about her alignment.

The more important part of the quote, however, is the beginning: "She was nearly ours..." Now, I'm not the first one to say this but it makes the most sense. We never see the whale "snatch" Zelda. We only see her falling towards the whale's opening jaws. Given the fact that the whale looks ominous at best (evil at worst) and we see the whale ALMOST grab Zelda, then that leaves room for someone to save her, or "snatch" her away from the jaws of evil.

Um...dude? If the goddess was evil, he wouldn't have called the servant "loathsome". The goddess of Skyloft is the island's guardian. She's definitely good. And you can't base what's evil and what's not on looks. Midna sort of looked evil at first. But she wasn't. And the "not seeing the whale catch her" thing really has no merit, as Ghirahim mentioned he whipped up the tornado, and that's when the whale showed up to catch her. If there had been something else to "snatch her", we would have seen it.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I have doubts that the whale serves Giraham, but i also think that it might. For example, what if when you complete the game a whale comes and releases Zelda? or if it follows Giraham it might be a mini-boss, where you have to defeat it to release Zelda. My thoughts are that it will be a perfect opportunity to squeeze a boss into the mix.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have doubts that the whale serves Giraham, but i also think that it might. For example, what if when you complete the game a whale comes and releases Zelda? or if it follows Giraham it might be a mini-boss, where you have to defeat it to release Zelda. My thoughts are that it will be a perfect opportunity to squeeze a boss into the mix.

Well one of the nintendo rep's said the bosses will be huge in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom