• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Whale from the E3 Trailer Really the Servant of the Goddesses or is It Evil?

Is the Whale a servant of the Goddesses or is it evil

• The wale is the servant of the Goddesses Ghirahim mentions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The whale is evil and probably serves Ghirahim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
That does sound fun, I love levels where you venture inside a giant creature but I do not think that is likely because Ghirahim mentions her being beyond that door.

Well I only said that because I thought if Jabu Jabu is in the game then they might pay homage to OoT with something like that. But yeah I am almost certain that's Jabu Jabu.

L

leftyrock91

I was thinking about this just now. Lets say the whale was part of a dream. What if the "Servant of the Goddess" was a member of the shiekah? I know it seems unlikely, but just an idea.

I just thought of something: what if the goddess that Ghirahim speaks of isn't as good as everyone thinks she is? I feel like everyone is just assuming that this Goddess has good intentions for taking Zelda, but if the servant put Zelda inside of a dungeon with monsters in it...idk. I just feel like everyone is jumping to conclusions.

I mean, why is there one goddess now instead of 3? that suggests that this goddess is a new character to the zelda series. and I've seen goddesses in other games that are evil or at least antagonists. hyrule is supposedly ruled by evil in this game, right? it doesn't need to be ruled by one evil, there could be different factions battling for dominance and these different factions all want zelda's power (or whatever they want her for).

Either way, I still don't think that whale is good, and I don't know why so many people think it is the servant of the goddess that Ghirahim mentions

C

Captain Keeta

I think he is a good guy and I do believe he is Jabu Jabu. This game takes place a few hundred years before OoT which Jabu Jabu is in so it would make sense. He is sort of a deity after all so he could very easily live that long. And if Jabu Jabu is in the game then I have strong hopes about the Great Deku Tree being in it as well. So yeah, I do think he is actually saving Zelda and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the game Link goes inside him to find her.

Yes, that is possible, but in Oot, where does it say that Jabu-Jabu is a servant of the Goddesses? Oot's Zoras said that Jabu-Jabu was their "Deity". Jabu-Jabu could just be a really big fish that the Zoras regard as their ruler. It could also be the Wind Fish...

Ghirahim mentions her being beyond that door. Im still not convinced the whale is a good guy though.

Ghirahim says that her 'presence' is in the next room, and when you beat him, he says that her 'presence has all but faded'. The whale/fish, may not be good, but he is not on Ghirahim's side, because it saves Zelda from him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
but he is not on Ghirahim's side, because it saves Zelda from him.
It is not stated that the whale saves her from Ghirahim. You do not see the whale save her, you see it coming towards her with its mouth open. And as for her presence being beyond the door I presume that means that she was herself behind the door at one point. People don't generally get behind doors by being eaten by a giant black whale.

I just thought of something: what if the goddess that Ghirahim speaks of isn't as good as everyone thinks she is? I feel like everyone is just assuming that this Goddess has good intentions for taking Zelda, but if the servant put Zelda inside of a dungeon with monsters in it...idk. I just feel like everyone is jumping to conclusions.

I mean, why is there one goddess now instead of 3? that suggests that this goddess is a new character to the zelda series. and I've seen goddesses in other games that are evil or at least antagonists. hyrule is supposedly ruled by evil in this game, right? it doesn't need to be ruled by one evil, there could be different factions battling for dominance and these different factions all want zelda's power (or whatever they want her for).

Either way, I still don't think that whale is good, and I don't know why so many people think it is the servant of the goddess that Ghirahim mentions

Gosh, that would be a welcoming scenario if there was a(n evil being considered to be a) Goddess that sends someone to kidnap Zelda for her "holiness". This "servant" spoken of would likely be a former ally of Lord Ghirahim or something like that (or rival?), but also a suck up to this evil "Goddess". It would be like a race (or something like that) to be the first to bring Zelda back to the evil Goddess. Lord Ghirahim could just be one of many after Zelda's power. I mean, if this servant is servant of a good guy, why doesn't he/she/it just take Zelda back to Skyloft, then.

That would be an awesome twist, but I like to think this Goddess is a benevolent being, as would be the servant.

my theory is diffrint:ghirhim may be lying its a sevent of godess or like yonatesf said,its just a dream but also real at the same time i think its fake in realatiy but real in dreams then again it may be like TWW and the whole story may be a dream.or not all

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I had the same thought. One theory I have is that the whale is a servant of Lord Ghirahim. Zelda get's taken by the whale, but then a servant of the Goddess saves her. This could also mean that there is another character in the story (the servant of the Goddess). It is probably not true, but it is just a theory. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I had the same thought. One theory I have is that the whale is a servant of Lord Ghirahim. Zelda get's taken by the whale, but then a servant of the Goddess saves her. This could also mean that there is another character in the story (the servant of the Goddess). It is probably not true, but it is just a theory
That's what I was thinking but I imagine the servant snatches zelda just before she falls into the whales mouth

IHNo

The Other Side
That's what I was thinking but I imagine the servant snatches zelda just before she falls into the whales mouth

I still believe that the whale is the servant of the goddess, but I can't deny - that'd be one epic scene if that happened. :nod:

Garo

Boy Wonder
I still think it's a dream, similar to the dream Zelda had before Link showed up in Ocarina of Time - a premonition of things to come. Why a whale? No idea; but it seems too surreal to be real. (heheh wordplay)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I still think it's a dream, similar to the dream Zelda had before Link showed up in Ocarina of Time - a premonition of things to come. Why a whale? No idea; but it seems too surreal to be real. (heheh wordplay)
Perhaps the one shown in the trailer was a dream, but I'm sure that like in OOT the dream will become real.

L

leftyrock91

I also still think the whale is part of a dream. Looking back at the Comic Con trailer, the whole cut scene has that dream-like aura to it. Everything looks kind of bright and has that glow to it, as if it was a dream. What if, while Link and Zelda are falling, and Link gets knocked unconscious somehow. He then has the dream that in the tornado, Zelda is swallowed by the whale. I also feel like the whale is Link's interpretation of evil. It doesn't make sense to me for Zelda to not be wearing a piece of clothing, which she didn't even have anywhere on the bird, and to be magically wearing it as she falls into the whale's mouth. And why wasn't Zelda's Loftbird falling into the whale's mouth too?

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I believe that the whale is a servant of the goddess. But, like I have heard many people say, it does have a dream-like aura surrounding the cut-scene, so it may be a dream that Link had. But, the whale confuses me. And the goddess. Ghirahim seems to know alot about the goddess and the whale. Maybe the goddess had good intentions, but before was evil. Like, Ghirihams side-kick or something. Not all the goddesses are good. It is obviously a new goddess, because there is only one and it looks different. Very confusing... I guess we have to wait until SS can be palyed by everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom