• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Whale from the E3 Trailer Really the Servant of the Goddesses or is It Evil?

Is the Whale a servant of the Goddesses or is it evil

• The wale is the servant of the Goddesses Ghirahim mentions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The whale is evil and probably serves Ghirahim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In the E3 demo Lord Ghirahim mentions that a servant of the goddesses snatches zelda away before Ghirahim can kidnap her. In the E3 trailer we can see zelda falling from her bird and heading into a giant black whales mouth. Some believe this whale is in fact the servant of the Goddesses Ghirahim mentions and is actually saving her. I however am not convinced by this. It appears to have razor sharp teeth and dark magic appears to be spewing from the top of it's head. In Zelda games in general with the exception of Midna, evil is usually represented with black and dark colours whilst good is generally represented with bright colours or white and I believe that the servant Ghirahim mentions must not be the whale because that whale does not look friendly and is certainly not brightly coloured or white.
Anyway what do you think? Is the whale the servant of the Goddesses or do you agree with me that it is evil and probably a creation of that villainous Ghirahim?

whale.jpg

(Update)from the new footage I think what we saw was not in fact a whale but some kind of two legged creature. And I think now it is safe to assume it is evil.

Also a real flying whale also appeared.

Last edited:
*facepalm* I told myself I was going to stay out of this, but whatever.

I dunno. A friend of mine and I were talking about the "Whale/fish(?) = dream" part from the Skyward Sword videos, and after much debate we came to the conclusion that it's not possible to know for sure what happens. The scenes in that part are intentionally played out of sequence and there's also some other key parts taken out. It's a common thing they do when presenting previews of games and stuff at events (like E3), as to avoid spoilers.

Warning: Stupid example within, but it gets my point about previews across...
Stupid Example: but anyone remember but anyone remember the preview for the movie, Night at the Museum 2? Well, the famous "Boom, Boom! Fire Powah!" part went a little differently in the actual film...

I know, random example is random, but it's all I could think of at the moment...sorry. :yes:
[video=youtube_share;l9OL-5xcqCQ]http://youtu.be/l9OL-5xcqCQ?t=1m14s[/video]

During this part in the actual film a whole bunch of other stuff happens, and The Thinker says "Boom, Bang!, Fire Powah!".
However, if I must add my two cents (to the Whale(?) thingy)... I think the whale is the servant of the Goddess, yes. So that means he's a good guy, IMO. But my friend thinks Phi saves Zelda, and therefore she is the loathsome servant of the Goddess that Lord Ghirahim hates (for some reason). She (my friend) brings up some good points as to why she thinks so, but I'll save those for another day. *shrugs*

Now, I take my leave from this thread. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still believe the whale is a dream. It just doesn't fit in chronologically with the rest of the footage, there's Zelda's clothes changing etc.
And then there's the missing Nintendo rep statement saying the game starts with a dream...

I think he is a good guy.

Many people are saying he is related to Jabu Jabu, but I have my doubts. He looks nothing like him.

Demon Lord Ghirahim mentions in a clip I saw on youtube that he created a tornado. Zelda falls off her bird from the cause of the tornado that Ghirahim made. Ghirahim mentions about a goddess and a servent of the goddess. Ghirahim mentions he could of got a hold of Zelda in the tornado he created. But a servent of the Goddess saved her and took her away. That made Demon lord Ghirahim Furious! Outraged! and Sick with anger....
But you are kind of right about the clothes changing in the scene...
I had to vote with yes cause I am going with with what clues I have of the storyline. Also I have just heard about a dream occuring in the begining of the game. So I may be wrong.. but who knows I guess I have to wait till the game comes out. XD

Now idk about that whale thing being evil, but I am positive it isn't the "servant of the goddess". It's probably a dream sequence like other people have been saying.

Barring errors in the trailers, we can safely assume the scene where the whale appears is a different scene from the tornado since Zelda's clothing in each scene is different.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
I think he is a good guy and I do believe he is Jabu Jabu. This game takes place a few hundred years before OoT which Jabu Jabu is in so it would make sense. He is sort of a deity after all so he could very easily live that long. And if Jabu Jabu is in the game then I have strong hopes about the Great Deku Tree being in it as well. So yeah, I do think he is actually saving Zelda and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the game Link goes inside him to find her.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ghirahim says that Zelda was snatched away by "that loathsome servant of the goddess", right after he mentioned that he whipped up the tornado. That suggests to me that it saved Zelda.

I still believe the whale is a dream. It just doesn't fit in chronologically with the rest of the footage, there's Zelda's clothes changing etc.
And then there's the missing Nintendo rep statement saying the game starts with a dream...

Dude, screw-ups happen in stuff, even in movies. Like, trees will be un-native to the setting that the scene is supposed to take place in, or a bowl of popcorn will be spilled, but later in that scene, it's full. Stuff like this happens all the time. I don't see why you're saying it "doesn't fit chronologically". That is highly illogical. I mean, she's falling right after the tornado is shown, and Link is also falling. What does that suggest? And, again, Ghirahim says that Zelda was snatched away by "that loathsome servant of the goddess", right after he mentioned that he whipped up the tornado. I mean, just add 2+2, here, man. Besides, the only "information" we have of the whale being part of a dream is from some supposed Nintendo rep that said it, and this person has not appeared and no interview with him has been posted anywhere. (Gee, I wonder why, maybe because it's fake?) Yeah, that "missing" interview. It's missing, all right, because it never existed. Just some jerk screwing with us.

If it's a screw i'd be surprised by the lack of attention for a official main trailer, like they pulled the trailer by quickly mixing a lot of renders from very different builds. In animation is much harder to screw up, since it's so controlled, and it's all about nit picking on minimal details. And yet keep the mistake in another trailer released months later, to me it just seems like they're toying with us, or putting intentionally this inconsistencies or playing with the editing putting together unrelated events in a misleading way.

But the idea of various dreams/visions to justify what we don't understand is stupid too. For sure they are going to highlight and reuse the whale.

IHNo

The Other Side
I think he is a good guy and I do believe he is Jabu Jabu. This game takes place a few hundred years before OoT which Jabu Jabu is in so it would make sense. He is sort of a deity after all so he could very easily live that long. And if Jabu Jabu is in the game then I have strong hopes about the Great Deku Tree being in it as well. So yeah, I do think he is actually saving Zelda and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the game Link goes inside him to find her.

You summarized my thoughts exactly. I also have high hopes that this whale is indeed Jabu-Jabu. And even though the whale from the trailer does look a kinda horrifying, I'm not gonna lie, Jabu-Jabu scared the crap out of me when I was little. Especially the part when he just sucked Link right up.

Oh, and another thing: You'd think Zelda would be screaming in terror while this was happening, rather than just frowning. :/

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So yeah, I do think he is actually saving Zelda and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the game Link goes inside him to find her.
That does sound fun, I love levels where you venture inside a giant creature but I do not think that is likely because Ghirahim mentions her being beyond that door. Im still not convinced the whale is a good guy though. I will have to wait until release to find out whether I am right or not.

Dude, screw-ups happen in stuff, even in movies. Like, trees will be un-native to the setting that the scene is supposed to take place in, or a bowl of popcorn will be spilled, but later in that scene, it's full. Stuff like this happens all the time. I don't see why you're saying it "doesn't fit chronologically". That is highly illogical. I mean, she's falling right after the tornado is shown, and Link is also falling. What does that suggest? And, again, Ghirahim says that Zelda was snatched away by "that loathsome servant of the goddess", right after he mentioned that he whipped up the tornado. I mean, just add 2+2, here, man. Besides, the only "information" we have of the whale being part of a dream is from some supposed Nintendo rep that said it, and this person has not appeared and no interview with him has been posted anywhere. (Gee, I wonder why, maybe because it's fake?) Yeah, that "missing" interview. It's missing, all right, because it never existed. Just some jerk screwing with us.

Dude, I understand everything you're saying and I agree. It's just that whatever you say, I've read the interview and based the theory on what it said.
I'm not saying it's true, that's why it's a theory, I'm not saying you should believe it. Seeing the footage, it makes sense to me, and apparentely I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Even if there's no interview or Nintendo rep, it's still as good as any other theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom