• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword That Good?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I'm sorry if there are a ton of posts like this one, as I suppose there are.
From what I know, most people love it, and I'm thinking I should buy the special bundle, but I first want to know if it will live up to my standards.
For you to know, I don't have very high standards, except for Zelda, where I care about music, sidequests, overworld and dungeons design.
Oh, and I already know this Zelda game doesn't have classic Zelda things like cuccos or torches.
So, is it that good?

Skyward Sword is an amazing game. It has an impressive look, well grafted controls, a great cast of characters, and some of the best boss battles I've seen in years. Now a few issues in the game are the lack of voice acting, slow moving plot, and it is some-what linear. You can go off the beaten path, but there isn't much there to look at. There are wide open areas to explore, but they are between linear pathways. If you can look past those, then go for it!

Although not my favorite, I just beat it and I find it to be very well done with one of the best plots in the Zelda series to date. I like the majority of the NPC's, and I enjoyed most of the sidequests. But I didn't like the fact that the sky wasn't filled with islands, and there wasn't much to explore, which is why it isn't my favorite.

Some people have problems with the motion controls, but I've had very few, and the motion+ adds to the game tremendously with new puzzles and fun enemies which are like puzzles in themselves. the boss fights are fun, and the graphics are amazing for the wii(but I must say, sometimes it does look a bit... odd). I recommend this game.

What of question zelda skyward sword its really good i think you shoul try by your self in come were you will love the game

To me, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda title to date in every aspect except freedom (Wind Waker takes the cake on that one).

For me, this game rivals Ocarina of Time really close. My new favorite, but Ocarina's still just slightly better IMO

From what i have watched, i think it is a pretty good game. Different, but good.

I have only played MM, but i have watched LPs ob a bunch of other games and SS looks awesome in every factor: graphics, music, story, controls(from what i have heard).

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
For me, it is the best game ever made. I have already beaten it three times and it never gets old. I love the game from the bottom of my heart.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
In my opinion, it is the best Zelda game of the series and my favorite game of all time.

Overworld
The game is very linear and the overworld is pretty small when compared to TP or TWW, which makes sense since it's the first game in the storyline and the land below the clouds is a secret to the people living in Skyloft (the main setting in the game).

Sidequests
There a lot of sidequests, many are based around Skyloft and consists of looking for someone's item or helping certain character. The main sidequest is similar to TP's poe souls collecting.

Music
The music is amazing and there are many good themes, especially Ballad of the Goddess (main theme) and Fi's Theme.

Dungeon design
It has the most complex and developed dungeons so far, especially the last one.

Regarding your main question, yes, it's that good. You should definitely get it.

to put it simply! yes its that good!! :) it may be missing a few classic zelda elements and its overworld is a tad small but the dungeons are just utterly brilliant, some of the best in any zelda game in my opinion!! the items are all cleverly implemented and all of them are used throughout! unlike most other zelda games! its motion controls make the combat genuinely engaging, challenging and fun! also the story is brilliant, it really makes you feel for the characters and keeps you wanting to play more!!

so yeah you should probably get it........

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Before the game came out, I was thinking it was going to be the best game of all time, and just super amazing in every way. I told myself I was just setting myself up for a huge dissapointment, so I decided to expect a game as good as the rest of the series. Once I played it, I realized I should have kept my first expectations. This is the best Zelda game ever made, so go out and buy it!

MW7

The music is probably as good as it gets and probably the best in the the series. The sidequests are very good, not quite up to Majora's Mask standards but probably the second best in the series. The overworld is ok but definitely has its flaws. Everything on the surface connects to the sky but areas on the surface don't connect to one another. It's a little weird but still cool overall. The dungeon design is excellent and at least comparable to any game in the series.

Overall it's definitely worth buying. I really enjoyed the game, and it's one of my favorites in the series but not the best IMO. Basically if you like the Zelda series enough to have an account at this site, you should be buying the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom