• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Crimson Loftwing on the Hylian Shield?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Yes, it is! Wow, I can't believe I just realized that connection. I mean, I knew it was a Loftwing, but I totally overlooked the fact that it was RED. Man, am I unobservant!

I just commented about this in a thread at the skyward sword subforum, and I would like it to be true. We can see the bird in other places,
an easy one its the big structure at the Lanayru Desert, but the color is another story.

Anyway, its obvious that the hylian shield was introduced to the zelda series way before SS, and probably the developers saw the possibility o create a connection. Just thinking about how the put a lot of emphasis in how a crinsor loftwing was special, and how the loftwings are guardian birds (guardian, shield, you know xD), it makes me think there was more meaning into it than the obvious.

That is an amazing revelation! Kudos! I seriously always wondered about the royal family's crest and why it has a bird on it. I kinda noticed he crest when I first played SS because of the clearly-missing-triforce from the bird symbol --- but I SERIOUSLY forgot all about the Hyrulian sheild and the RED bird. I was always wondering, "Why does Zelda's family have a red eagle on their emblem?" HAH! Thanks for clearing it up.

I always thought this was kind of obvious. Seeing how the Hylian Shield is a gift from the Thunder Dragon, he could have very easily just decided to paint it red to add a bit more of a personal touch. From that point on as the royal crest evolved it just adopted the red loftwing as a custom in honour of the original hero.

I just wanted to add that the bird with the triforce, exactly as it is in the shield, minus the color, appears in the Old Temple of Time at Lanayru and the dormant gate of time at the sealed temple. Anyway, the bird its only red in the Hylian Shield, not in the crest, probably they just copied the design for their shields or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom