• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes is TFH better or worse than you thought it'd be?

Tri Force Heroes isn't a game anyone asked for or wanted, but if you're like me then you wont have been able to leave a Zelda game on the store shelf for long despite it being something we didn't want...

But now that its out and now that we own it, is Tri Force Heroes better or worse than you expected or is it what you were expecting all along?

It certainly looks better than Albw at least... Not incredibly so, but Link's model is so much better than how he looked in Albw.

Both for me. Better than I expected because I enjoy it much more than I thought I would, and the level design is fantastic. Worse because some things are just handled so poorly in the game. I'm really annoyed about not being able to register randoms as friends, there's more lag and disconnects than there should be and one or two extra emotes would have been nice.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Both for me. Better than I expected because I enjoy it much more than I thought I would, and the level design is fantastic. Worse because some things are just handled so poorly in the game. I'm really annoyed about not being able to register randoms as friends, there's more lag and disconnects than there should be and one or two extra emotes would have been nice.
i wish there was an 2 more emotes and have those be the 2 items your team members are using so they wont be confused when you spam item and them not knowing what to do

Either that, or a better way to mark someone. If you want red to use his bow, the only way to alert him is to "be curious about him" and then spam the item button. I wish you could have a message appear that said "Kintoki (my ingame name) wants [Red Player] to use his item".

When I first found out about Triforce Heros I didn't expect much from it but I was still pretty excited for it. If it is a Zelda game I'm defiantly gonna buy it. I did expect a fun game and that is exactly what I got. So it was pretty much what I thought it would be.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
The gameplay is pretty fun but I've only beaten up through the 3rd level and it's downright hard in single player mode. I don't know if it was money well spent or not at this point.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Much more challenging then anticipated especially the final few levels and love the music and how i can finally play a zelda with my friends (they dont have four swords sadly) the final boss was fun and i like the outfit you get from the king after you beat the boss after the credits. Plus love the music

It managed to surprise me, as I hoped it would. Plot was still ****, but I suppose I should cut it a little slack considering most Zelda games have pretty ****ty plots anyway. Though, there's still a plothole that's been bothering me. Unless something about it is explained after beating all the Drablands Challenges, which I highly doubt.
Upon clearing the Forest levels and acquiring the first of the Lady's materials, Madame Couture informs you that Lady Maud is her sister, and that she doesn't wish harm upon her for that reason. Along with this, Couture mentions something about Maud having a potential motive that's eluding everyone, that perhaps Maud didn't do what she did with evil intentions. However, in both encounters with Maud, at the Fortress and the Sky Realm, there is nothing that suggests this at all. Maud is extremely sarcastic, and mockingly refers to the curse as a "gift," but never elaborates past that. As far as I'm concerned, there is no motive aside from Lady Maud wanting to cause trouble, and I wish there was more of an explanation than what was provided.

Not to mention, Link technically went against Madame Couture's wishes by fighting her in the final battle, regardless if she survived or not. Which we know she did. Link didn't have a choice, however, and the fact that Maud forced him into battle further suggests that the curse she placed upon Styla was all out of cruelty and nothing more.
Moving on past the plot because that was clearly Tri Force Heroes' worst point, the gameplay was actually of pretty good quality. I was very impressed with how well the three-player mechanic was executed throughout all 32 levels. The puzzles were very well thought-out, especially considering that the game wasn't in development for too long. I was also pretty pleased with how effective the communication was, despite my doubts.

I've said this a few times to a couple people, but both the Ruins and the Sky Realm really surprised me with their difficulty. They're relatively straight-forward, but just the way they were set up required a really good team and spot-on communication. Luckily for me, I was blessed with groups who stuck around for the entirety of those two worlds, and kept going at it until we were done, at which point we pom-pommed like nuts. That made things a lot easier on us since we all had the same levels of experience with the dungeons we were in, and as such, had a mutual understanding of what we needed to do and how we needed to do it. After a few game overs, it was incredible how smoothly we breezed past the first few sections of a level.

Definitely better than I thought it'd be, though sadly, it's pretty forgettable aside from some of the people I played with and how happy I am to have been matched with them.

I find that if you stick around long enough, you'll find a good group sooner or later that you can finish the levels with. Even if I didn't, I enjoyed being "the good player" sometimes, taking the lead and helping my fellow adventurers through parts they had trouble with. I've actually been the weakest player in some teams too. Really interesting dynamics.

I'm also really impressed with the level of teamwork the game not only encourages, but makes possible. After I had trouble with some of the flame traps in the second or third volcano level and we died, one of the other players took the Goron Garb and just carried me through those, which I thought was genius. There's many ways to make yourself useful in any team, and I find I have the most fun when I have considerate teammates who'd rather don a dress and play for the team than try and be the star of the show.

Tobi

Some dork
I at first thought it'd be fun to play with friends occasionally since we wouldn't be together too often and expected single player to be playable. I'm disappointed in how hard and boring it is to play alone, but quickly learned that playing with unknown heroes is easy and more fun than expected! It's a lot of fun to cheer for each other, help each other out in difficult situations or figure out puzzles together. In other words, it's so much better than expected!

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I kept my expectations low (with a little window of hope it would surprise me). For the most part, it was what I expected: a game that's decent but isn't up to par with many of the other Zelda games.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
It is better then expected and I am having so much fun playing with my friends at school. We all benefit each other since they give me friendly tokens and I give them early access to the game. Which is cool cuz they can upload their progress to the game once they get it, which includes rupees, items and outfits.

:wynaut:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom