• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Sheik Male or Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
SORRY IF THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS!​

Ok, so with the release of OoT 3D coming up fast, i decided to boot up my N64, (yes, i still have my N64. i can't let go of the past!) and decided to replay OoT. I was in the Water Temple (UGH!) and found Ruto. She said that a young man named Sheik saved her from under the ice.

Ruto%20Saved.bmp

She also says, once you beat the temple,
thanks.bmp

So forumers, is Sheik a male or female? I'm kind of on the fence about this one, just because i've heard strong evidence supporting both sides. i'm leaning more toward female, because it's zelda in a male disguise. she, you know, didn't change, if you know what i mean, she was just a woman disguised as a man.

so, voice your thoughts... i'd love to hear what side you guys are on...

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The persona of Sheik is that of a male. Therefore Sheik is a male. Zelda is the girl. It's basically an alter ego. I doubt anyone suspected HE was Zelda since Zelda was a girl and Sheik was a guy. Super Smash Bros did ruin that for people though.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
As far as the games go, I believe Sheik is female and simply a disguise. It's far from the only time that a character has convincingly hidden as the opposite gender.

From what i've seen though, a few fans of the manga believe Sheik is male. It's been quite some time since i've looked at that so I can't personally recall how the whole disguise was handled in that.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Sheik is a guy, for goodness sakes! You can tell by how muscular he is, and there aren't breast indents made into the suit he is wearing. Plus, if you were trying to disguise yourself from Ganondorf, wouldn't you choose to be the opposite sex?!

Fierce

Deity Link
MAKE SURE YOU MARK SPOILERS :X

A chick disguised as a guy, not much else to it in my opinion.
People talked about transforming and changing her sex or some odd thing like that, but occam's razor applies here I think.

Burden of proof? I highly doubt Nintendo will ever show nudity. XD

Zelda = Female
Sheik= Male

The alternate identity, Sheik is a male regardless of what's really inside the clothes, because that is what it acts as and the gender it prescribes to. Transgender is a touchy subject, but legally you can be a different gender than what your anatomy says you are. If you are thinking of the character as a whole, then yes, it is a female as Zelda the main, dominant identity is a female. But Zelda purposely disguises herself (perhaps magically using the power of the triforce -as seen by the difference in her eyes and physical form) as a male, because that is the last thing we, the player, and Ganondorf would suspect.

Is Mulan a male when she disguises herself? No she is not. This may be the case with Sheik if he is not a magical transformation. Regardless of her physical form that cannot be confirmed in either way, the character Zelda created is supposed to be a man.

So therefore, I deem the identity as it is on its own, a male.

-And to quell future arguments, all Smash Bros. trophy data is deemed non-canon.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
A chick disguised as a guy, not much else to it in my opinion.
People talked about transforming and changing her sex or some odd thing like that, but occam's razor applies here I think.

Absolutely correct. You would be correct in calling Sheik "he", though, since technically, he's a character played by Zelda.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
ok, i found some good proof of Sheik's gender. and some of you trolls will probably say "Oh, it's from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it doesn't count!" well, the manga doesn't count either, but that still pops up whenever a dbate like this happens. :)
ok... so, as you can see...

100287_0_org.jpg

In SSBB, Nintendo gave Sheik breasts. so, it is seen in Nintendo's eyes that Sheik is female, and who's dumb enough to argue with Nintendo? (Sony and Microsoft) hehe

so, let the debate continue!!!!!

amaterasu

Writer
Well, it's not like Zelda could hide that without plastic surgery. Just saing. Shieks but also looks pretty girly when you see him in Death Mountain Crater, when you learn the Bolero of Fire. You see "his" butt when he first jumps down. I don't wanna search trough google to find it, so if somebody wants to put a picture for me that'd be good.

B

beyerballler54

Skeik is a girl imo. Pretty sure princess Ruto was just calling her a guy because she didn't know (most likely because she is disguised as a boy). Just zelda disguised as a man.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Here's how it works:

Identity of Sheik = male
Person behind disguise = female

Therefore Sheik himself is male. The identity of Sheik. Zelda is in disguise, yes, so it's not exactly a gender change, but she does change her body structure. (Male torso.) But it's still Zelda. So Sheik is kind of both. However, Sheik is officially referred to as a male, as the identity of Sheik is male. So, kind of both genders (in a sense), but officially male.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This thread is being closed because of the trouble this topic has caused in the past. It is too volatile and neither side will ever yield to the other. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom