• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Lorule actually the Twilight in the Downfall Timeline?

I have a theory that Lorule is in reality the Twilight but in the Downfall Timeline maybe over the years the Twili evolved to look like Hylians again developed better technology and magic they created their own Triforce and their own version of Hyrule

no it's termina
Lorule is a gloomy Kingdom so it fits that its the Twilight Realm Termina and the Twilight Realm both appear in the Child Timeline and they seem to be different places i would like to think that Downfall Timeline Termina is Labrynna or Holodrum maybe both

Last edited:
Lorule is Termina, Koholint is The World of the Ocean King, the Twilight Realm is in Lorule's Sacred Realm.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It is not. It seems to be yet another parallel world. So we're up to... five parallel worlds? Six? And still no neighboring kingdoms. :eyes:

It is not. It seems to be yet another parallel world. So we're up to... five parallel worlds? Six? And still no neighboring kingdoms. :eyes:
This is why I seriously don't like the "every parallel world is a different parallel world," because according to the book that the timeline comes from Labrynna and Holodrum are parallel, the Twilight Realm, the Minish Realm, the Dark World (Sacred Realm), Lorule, Lorule's Sacred Realm, The World of the Ocean King, Termina, The Underworld. That's 10 parallel or inverse worlds, none of which exist in the same reality? It's just goofy at this point. And with the three timelines, that's 30 separate parallel worlds, plus three different Hyrules, it's ridiculous. Consolidating them so Termina is Lorule, Labrynna and Holodrum are real like Hytopia, the Twilight Realm is Lorule's Sacred Realm, Koholint and The World of the Ocean King are pocket realities not parallel worlds and use the same magic in their creation, the Underworld is literally under Hyrule, the Minish Realm is the sky, consolidates it to four different worlds (Hyrule, H SR, Lorule, L SR). Cleans it up, makes it better, and we know mostly know what happens to each of them in each of the timelines.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
This is why I seriously don't like the "every parallel world is a different parallel world," because according to the book that the timeline comes from Labrynna and Holodrum are parallel, the Twilight Realm, the Minish Realm, the Dark World (Sacred Realm), Lorule, Lorule's Sacred Realm, The World of the Ocean King, Termina, The Underworld. That's 10 parallel or inverse worlds, none of which exist in the same reality? It's just goofy at this point. And with the three timelines, that's 30 separate parallel worlds, plus three different Hyrules, it's ridiculous. Consolidating them so Termina is Lorule, Labrynna and Holodrum are real like Hytopia, the Twilight Realm is Lorule's Sacred Realm, Koholint and The World of the Ocean King are pocket realities not parallel worlds and use the same magic in their creation, the Underworld is literally under Hyrule, the Minish Realm is the sky, consolidates it to four different worlds (Hyrule, H SR, Lorule, L SR). Cleans it up, makes it better, and we know mostly know what happens to each of them in each of the timelines.

Honestly, it's more on the games for never acknowledging them. Barring the Oracles games (which I haven't played and can't comment much on), the series never refers to other countries in game or even displays them on the map. At the very least they could just do what the Elder Scrolls games do with their maps.

obcodex_cyrodiil.jpg

Even though Elder Scrolls IV only allows you to visit Cyrodiil, the neighboring provinces are still shown on the map. It gives the impression of a larger world even if you can't visit them.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Honestly, it's more on the games for never acknowledging them. Barring the Oracles games (which I haven't played and can't comment much on), the series never refers to other countries in game or even displays them on the map. At the very least they could just do what the Elder Scrolls games do with their maps.
just as a quick fyi, yes the oracle games do refer to each other's kingdoms sometimes, especially in a linked game

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
also to nudge it up ever so slightly, they're also mentioned respectively in regards to Minish Cap's incarnations of Din and Nayru

arguably this is due to all of them being by Capcom, the actual Nintendo made games never mention them

Fair. The avatars are probably the biggest connection any game as, but I too would associate that more with Capcom than I would Nintendo.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think you are thinking about realms wrong, they aren't so much parallel worlds imo, just offshoot pocket dimensions in the same reality as Hyrule. I feel like the only ones that qualify as parallel worlds are Lorule and Termina. Koholint too I suppose because it is a dream world.

Also aren't Holodrum and Labyrnna neighboring kingdoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom