• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link the chosen one?

Hello I was searching for this for quite some time.
I'm a new fan so I dont know much about it. Also sorry for my poor English.

D

Deleted member 91332

Exactly what do you mean by Chosen one? Because he is kind of the legendary chosen savior of Hyrule, so...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It depends on the link.

SS Link is the original Chosen Hero of the Goddess, his spirit is reincarnated much as Zelda's and Ganon's courtesy of Demise's Curse, so most of the series Heroes are his spiritual successors, HOWEVER a case can be made that in Several case sit might not be so much a case of Chosen Hero of the Goddess: Hylia, as right fit for the job.

In Twilight Princess Link is a Direct Descendant of OOT (or it's implied, tomato-tomahto here) which could've singled him out to be a bearer of the Triforce of Courage.

In Wind Waker we are explicitly told, via dialogue between Jabun and King of Red Lions, that Link has no connection to the hero of legend, which is fitting as Link was returned to the child line and thus the Triforce of Courage was shattered, but this Link made himself the hero by restoring the Triforce of Courage and became the Hero of Winds for it.

In Legend of Zelda there IS no Triforce of Courage only Power and Wisdom and the Link there is given a wooden sword and sent out into the world.

In Legend of Zelda II a Curse on the Princess is involved, wherein it's discovered that obtaining the Triforce of Courage can break it (if i recall rightly) and so would be heroes/saviours must traverse the land and find the palaces and place the crystals in them in order to fight a shadowy version of themself to gain it.

In ALTTP link is the nephew of presumably a knight of hyrule as the uncle heres the psychic call for aid from zelda, but the triforce is already assembled and Ganon has technically conquered the land by this point so a hero is needed and found in Link, but chosen by the gods is debateable it's more a case of wresting power back from evil.

All of them could be united via the Spirit of the Hero but i'd say it's more of a case of where all 3 (Link, Zelda and Ganon) appear in the game where it's a Chosen Hero Scenario, which'd legitimize TP, WW, LOZ and ALTTP. The only games that'd stand out are the oracle games and LOZ II

LOZ II for the above reasons and the Oracles because unless it's a connected game there is no fight against Ganon, Zelda i think still appears and gets kidnapped but that's it. The Oracles seem more about forcing rebirth than it is about the continuation of the Cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom