• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link a juvenile delinquent?

In his "quest" to "save" Hyrule, Link caused quite a lot of forest fires in the name of "defeating" the "Evil" Prince of "Darkness".

Also, Link kidnapped a child in AoL.

If this doesn't scream irredeemable juvenile delinquent anarchist arsonist pretend!Hero, I don't know what does.

No he didn't. He rescued the kid from Lizard Men.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
His poor grandma becomes sick with worry upon thinking about the mischief Link gets up to. Then link forces a fairy to alter her mind so that she thinks of him as a good boy.

Link also goes about stalking people in the night. He pretends to be a cat if they get suspicious; then extorts what he can when he catches them in suspicious behavior in exchange for his silence.
Dont defend her. She was the one who didn't raise Link properly and she is clearly a Witch brewing magic soup.

Dont defend her. She was the one who didn't raise Link properly and she is clearly a Witch brewing magic soup.

On top of that, she made Link sleep out on Outset's observation post. The love clearly does not run in Link's family, and while Link is most certainly a juvenile delinquent guilty of very heinous crimes, we can't entirely lay the blame for his own madness at his feet, now can we?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Link also steals sacred treasures and at one point in OOT literally throws boulders around a guys home causing grave damage. Just cuz he happened to have hidden a door behind it doesn't mean it has to be opened.

Not to mention in MM he impersonates various people and races usually famous people and then uses their images to make himself wealthy.

Link also steals sacred treasures and at one point in OOT literally throws boulders around a guys home causing grave damage. Just cuz he happened to have hidden a door behind it doesn't mean it has to be opened.

Not to mention in MM he impersonates various people and races usually famous people and then uses their images to make himself wealthy.

There's also the fact that he literally commits bank fraud by abusing the "stamp your bank balance on your forehead" trick the banker uses to keep track of your bank balance.

Really, all this just points to a very large problem in the Zelda timeline: the further on down you go, the more brazen and delinquent Link gets. I'm pretty sure that like everyone else, he was a darling angel that could do no wrong. Then Hylia/Zelda herself came into his life, and she encouraged him to do bad things in order to "get back" at Ganon/Demise. She was just sore that he was better at fighting wars than she was.

There is no excuse what so ever for Link's juvenile delinquency, but we also cannot ignore the extenuating factors that have lead to them. :B

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
There's also the fact that he literally commits bank fraud by abusing the "stamp your bank balance on your forehead" trick the banker uses to keep track of your bank balance.

Really, all this just points to a very large problem in the Zelda timeline: the further on down you go, the more brazen and delinquent Link gets. I'm pretty sure that like everyone else, he was a darling angel that could do no wrong. Then Hylia/Zelda herself came into his life, and she encouraged him to do bad things in order to "get back" at Ganon/Demise. She was just sore that he was better at fighting wars than she was.

There is no excuse what so ever for Link's juvenile delinquency, but we also cannot ignore the extenuating factors that have lead to them. :B

Didn't he also steal from the people of ordon, commit various felonies attacked town guards, desecrate holy places and of course the ever popular tresspass in the castle at least thrice

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Someone should make an Ocarina of Time mod where Ganondorf is replaced by Donald Trump. That would be so hilarious.

I used to do a fair bit of modding. I'd give it a go but I'm going to be busy until June.

'Do you have any idea who you are dealing with!? I am Donald Trump and soon I shall rule the world!'

I used to do a fair bit of modding. I'd give it a go but I'm going to be busy until June.

'Do you have any idea who you are dealing with!? I am Donald Trump and soon I shall rule the world!'

Hey, no hurry please, but if you did that when you have time that'd be totally amazing!

Someone should make an Ocarina of Time mod where Ganondorf is replaced by Donald Trump. That would be so hilarious.

Hey, no hurry please, but if you did that when you have time that'd be totally amazing!

This needs to not just be a mod, but a social experiment. How far can we take this theory before it snaps? Hmm...

Hey, whatever it takes to save Hyrule, you know?
At least sometimes there are repercussions. Like when he knocks down the chandelier in Skyward Sword, or sneaking into Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom