• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Is Knowing ALTTP's Overworld Very Well Benefit Playing ALBW or is It a Bad Thing?

Is knowing ALTTP's overworld very well benefit playing ALBW or is it a bad thing?

• Yes, It will be very useful to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it might confuse me

• It doesn't matter

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
Okay, so there's a lot people here who probably memorised alttp's Hyrule very well(me included;)), do you think it is a benefit to you to know alttp over world, as in memorise it? Do you think it will help you while playing or it could possible impede someone who knows it well?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Without knowing the full extent of the overworld in A Link Between World's, it is difficult to answer. However, I think it is safe to say that knowing the overworld in A Link to the Past very well will almost certainly help when playing A Link Between Worlds. I know that the two overworlds are not exactly the same though, since there are differences between them, but they have roughly the same layout and locations.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well you can look at it two ways to be honest: You will get that feeling of nostalgia, but then you'll notice those subtle changes and it will give you a sense of familiarity with change - a wining combination in my eyes. However, one can also see this as being too familiar. The changes seem good enough though, it won't look drastically different but there will be changes to surprise even the most hardcore Alttp fan.

I think that was Nintendo's whole reasoning for this, a familiar and popular world with a twist - that's the key word; 'twist'. Not only do we have a big upgrade in graphics, we have a new unique style, 3D effects all combined with those subtle changes. It's similar enough to give that sense of familiarity but different enough to feel fresh.

I honestly only see this as a plus for both sets of people. If you like A Link to the Past then chances are that you will probably like this game too. Even if you didn't necessarily like the game and it's overworld, it might be different enough to change one's opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ALBW's overworld will be varied, so having knowledge of ALttP's overworld will not necessarily hinder the experience. Sometimes it will be good; othertimes it will not be.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I don't think it'll matter too much.
At the very least the knowledge might help keep us from feeling lost. Then again, we might feel lost if our familiar shortcuts aren't where they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom