• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is It Zelda's Fault?

N

navi&link&zelda

If zelda happens to be a sage of time then dose that mean she can jump into any time she wants thru the timeline of zelda?

if she had that power could it be possible for her to take the triforse and hide it somewhere or let ganon take the triforse of power?

and if so......could it be zelda's fault?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Zelda is the Sage of Time? I didn't know that. As far as I know, the only person that can really travel through time is Nayru, the Oracle of Ages.
And no, it wouldn't be Zelda's fault that Ganon got the ToP, as if Zelda got it before Ganondorf, then the triforce would not have split, as Zelda has a balanced heart.

N

navi&link&zelda

but is there some way that zelda would know what was going to happen and try to prevent it?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Zelda isn't the sage of time, because their isn't a sage of time. The only powerful being NEXT to Ganondorf is Rauru. The only thing that makes Zelda powerful, is, she has a peice of the triforce, wisdom.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
EDIT: Oh, I see what you're actually saying. Well, my post still stands... but I agree with the guy above... Zelda wouldn't do a thing like that even if she was capable of travelling back and doing so. She's a princess and has shown all she wants is the best for her kingdom... and I don't really think giving Ganon the triforce encompasses that. After all, in TLoZ she made a massive effort to hide the ToW from Ganon... when she could've just given it him instead. What. That doesn't add up at all...

It's kind of mindboggling to think about... but I don't think it's at all plausible.
-

My memory's a bit blurry on this one... but regardless, Zelda is the leader of the sages in OoT, and she shows that with the Ocarina of Time, she can at the least send other people through time. So your question is a valid one in some ways, because in theory this means Zelda -could- have done something (like what you said). But in fact, in OoT for example, she did do something about it- she sent Link back in time, presumably working on the basis of that enabling Link to stop Ganondorf taking over before it was too late, as well as undoing all the trials Link had to bear.

Of course, now we can see that this probably wasn't the best idea since it caused all sorts of complications (the split timeline and the doom of Hyrule, for once thing)... but we have the benefit of hindsight. Zelda couldn't possible have know the ins and outs of the consequences of sending Link back when she did it, because although she may have the Triforce of Wisdom, it doesn't automatically mean she's omniscient... after all, wisdom is merely inferring the most beneficial action in a situation... which to Zelda at the moment she did it, sending Link back in time was.

However, there's also the matter of the prophetic dreams she tends to have... we could say she should have acted upon them sooner, she should have realised what they meant, she should have realised what was going on etc etc... should, would, could... you just get into an endless debate if you think about it like that. You could say it's oh, I don't know, Fado the Kokiri's Fairy's friend's fault for not seeing Ganondorf poison the Great Deku Tree, and for not flying to the King of Hyrule and making him listen. It gets ridiculous. You could blame anyone you wanted that way XD

I suppose though, in many cases there is something more Zelda could have done, or a better descision she could have made, so it is her fault... but it's hardly fair to blame her alone.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I see what everyone above is trying to say, but I can relate to it being Zelda's fault. As NorthApple said, Zelda can send people back through time. She likely knew of that ability beforehand, so why would she make Link have to go through a large trial rather than send him back in time after telling Link to tell the King about what would happen had he trusted Ganondorf? Surely Link had enough view of the world, and considering Zelda actually waited 7 years, she already knew of what would happen. I'm not saying that it IS her fault, but she has a large part of the blame, she even stated it herself in the epilogue.

I see what everyone above is trying to say, but I can relate to it being Zelda's fault. As NorthApple said, Zelda can send people back through time. She likely knew of that ability beforehand, so why would she make Link have to go through a large trial rather than send him back in time after telling Link to tell the King about what would happen had he trusted Ganondorf? Surely Link had enough view of the world, and considering Zelda actually waited 7 years, she already knew of what would happen. I'm not saying that it IS her fault, but she has a large part of the blame, she even stated it herself in the epilogue.

Well, Zelda had to hide from Ganondorf for those seven years. As soon as she let her guard down, revealing that she was really Sheik, Ganondorf found and took her captive. So, if Zelda had tried to reveal herself to Link and send him back in time sooner, she would have probably failed and been taken captive. Link arrived in a world where Ganondorf had already taken over, so it makes sense that Zelda would wait until Link had awakened all the Sages before revealing herself so that when she did, likely knowing Ganondorf was going to find her, the Sages would be able to assist Link in defeating Ganondorf and freeing her. Basically, she could only send Link back in time to warn her, thus warning the King, once he had already defeated the threat in the future.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
if Zelda got it before Ganondorf, then the triforce would not have split, as Zelda has a balanced heart.
No, her heart predominantly represents Wisdom. The only people we've seen so far with balanced hearts are Daphnes, LttP Ganon, LttP Link, and the king in the SZ story.

OT: I don't fully understand your question, but I can tell you that Zelda couldn't have taken the ToX anywhere fore the precise reason I just stated. If she had touched it, it would have split, granting Ganondorf the ToP anyways.

Zelda's time travelling ability is an interesting point to bring up though. I'd say it's just a small plothole which is generally very difficult to cover up in stories involving time travel. That or Mosley's explanation.

C

chadfan8989

Didn't zelda tell link to open the portal to the sarced realm in oot to get the triforce, but then Ganon got it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom