• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Is It Possible to Skip the Water Temple?

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I was told by my friend you could skip the water temple, and somewhere online that Ruto was the only sage you didnt have to awaken, is this true?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Without glitches, no. However, the way the game is set up it assumes that you collected all of the medallions as long as you have the Shadow and Spirit Medallions. There's also a very advanced sequence of glitches that allow you to skip every dungeon except The Great Deku Tree.

Here's a video of a relatively easy glitch to get to the Shadow Temple with only Bombchus. You'll still need the Bow and other basic items without further glitches.

The Spirit Temple normally requires the Longshot but you can do it with the short Hookshot, technically glitch-free. Video There are easy ways to get around places where the Longshot is needed in the Spirit Temple.

To summarize: It is possible but probably easier to just play normally if you're not good at Ocarina of Time glitches.

Last edited:

MW7

The Spirit Temple normally requires the Longshot but you can do it with the short Hookshot, technically glitch-free. Video There are easy ways to get around places where the Longshot is needed in the Spirit Temple.
Whoa that's cool I've never seen that. I can actually confirm that the interior of the Spirit Temple requires no glitches whatsover with only the hookshot; it's getting to the temple that requires tricks. I used Epona to cross the bridge, and on the N64 version you can walk backwards across the river of sand so you don't need the longshot/hover boots to cross it (this part I'd consider a glitch but it's incredibly easy to do). Then I made it through the Spirit Temple with just the hookshot.

Also to answer the thread I agree with everything Cel-Shaded Deku said except I'd reword the part about needing the longshot for the Spirit Temple to "the longshot is normally needed to reach the Spirit Temple (assuming you don't glitch into the Shadow Temple to use the hover boots to cross the river of sand or use other glitches) but is not required once inside."

Edit: Also I feel like I should reiterate that it's possible but not without glitches. Cel-Shaded Deku's summary is extremely true as well. People hear about how hard the Water Temple is but IMO there's no way it's hard enough to warrant needing to learn how to skip it.

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Whoa that's cool I've never seen that. I can actually confirm that the interior of of the Spirit Temple requires no glitches whatsover with only the hookshot; it's getting to the temple that requires tricks. I used Epona to cross the bridge, and on the N64 version you can walk backwards across the river of sand so you don't need the longshot/hover boots to cross it (this part I'd consider a glitch but it's incredibly easy to do). Then I made it through the Spirit Temple with just the hookshot.

Also to answer the thread I agree with everything Cel-Shaded Deku said except I'd reword the part about needing the longshot for the Spirit Temple to "the longshot is normally needed to reach the Spirit Temple (assuming you don't glitch into the Shadow Temple to use the hover boots to cross the river of sand or use other glitches) but is not required once inside."

Thanks, I haven't beaten the Spirit Temple normally in so long that I forgot what you need. I also completely forgot that you can use Epona to cross the bridge. :facepalm:

Technically, no, it's not possible. With glitches, yes, I once saw a glitch where somebody skipped everything, they did half of the Deku Tree, and then transported to the castle being destroyed as a child, and proceeded to beat Ganon as a child. But after playing a few times, I see no reason to skip it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom