• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Ganon a Seperate Entity Form Ganondorf!? (Possible Proof Found)

G

Ganondorf_KoE

In the Latest Game Guide for OOT3D provided by Prima it has a Prelude part which tells of the creation of Hyrule, the goddesses, and the Triforce. That part has been highlighted by an article in the front page of this website.
But what caught my attention was profiles of the main cast, more precisely Ganondorf's. It states this in the guide:

Ganondorf:

Legends tell of a great monster named Ganon that has threatened Hyrule at different points in history. Ganondorf, though, does not look like the previous incarnations of Ganon.
Are they one and the same? Or does evil move through the veins of his charming man known as the King of the Gerudo, a great people to the east of Hyrule?

Note: The guide does state the Gerudo are to the east yet the game they are in the west.

Could this be the proof that not only Ganon is a separate being from Ganondorf and only merge in different points in the timeline, but also that Ganon is a villain that was around before OOT.
Perhaps we may see Ganon as a villain in the upcoming Skyward Sword because it has been stated that Ghirahim is not the main villain in the upcoming game.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Prima games is not a canon source, so we can't really rely on that as proof. The only game that even implies that they are separate entities is FSA; in every other game that features both Ganondorf and Ganon, it has been made fairly clear that they are the same individual. FSA refers to Ganon as an ancient evil, but Ganondorf becomes this same evil. It is certainly more vague than the other games.
ALttP states that Ganondorf became Ganon by transforming the Sacred Realm into the Dark World, and changing into what his true nature reflected. In OoT, Ganondorf transforms clearly into Ganon, with the same intentions and motives (although the are brief); Zelda still refers to Ganon as the "Evil King." In TP, Ganondorf transforms into Ganon temporarily with the same scar he had in his human form.

Most of the evidence that I've seen points to them being the same entity, and the notion that they may not be the same entity is a fairly archaic notion.

In regards to seeing Ganon in SS, I think it extremely unlikely. At the beginning of OoT, no one suspects Ganondorf of being evil; if he had been present and caused havoc in SS, the Royal Family would have been suspicious of him. Every time we have seen Ganon with Ganondorf, the Triforce has been split. In every other occurrence, he has either had the Trident of Power or had been transformed by the Dark World. Each occurrence of OoX has Ganon being in that form via different means.
I have also not seen it stated that Ghirahim was not the main villain. Even if he isn't, though, that doesn't mean it will be Ganondorf; it would wreck OoT's back story if he appeared before OoT.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Odd, that's the second time they've said he's from the East. I guess they're basing these off the Master Quest version.

The tone seems to me like its perspective is from the timeline as a whole, not from that one point... meaning this Ganondorf is just one of those legends, and "previous incarnations" are other ones that we've seen throughout the timeline - forward and backward. (LoZ, LttP) It does seem poorly written though. They may have taken some liberties. (this also calls into question what I posted on the main page)

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
If we follow the timeline theory of ocarinaoftimehero10 then they are separated entities

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Prima games is not a canon source, so we can't really rely on that as proof.

Nintendo does not making their own guides anymore. So, Nintendo commissioned Prima to write the guides. Do you really think, it's ok for Nintendo, Prima is messing around with the story? The guide is official, including Nintendos Seal of Approval.

Hard to believe a source. You guys got good points to burst the story of Prima. But, the new twists by Prima are interesting too.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
From the text in the guide, it seems like OoT isn't the first game (besides SwS) in the timeline anymore. Every time there's a Ganon, there's a Link to defeat it. On whether or not they're separate entities, perhaps there is some elaborate backstory on how Ganondorf either found the spirit of Ganon in some desert cave somewhere or if the ToP was infused with his spirit somehow, but that would be the only way that they're separate entities to me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It is my belief that in SS, Ganon takes the ToP and uses it to create the Trident. Then he is killed, but his evil spirit still lived, eventually possesing Ganondorf during OoT. TP and WW Ganondorfs both have the ToP, so they are able to become Ganon if need be. After TP, Ganon escapes Ganondorf's body with the ToP, allowing the latter to die, and recreates his own body seen in LoZ, from the power of the ToP.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Never listen to anything Prima says. They're a bunch of idiots when it comes to explaining information in the games. They said that the Spin Attack was something Dark Link couldn't avoid in OoT, which is the total opposite of the truth. Whatever they're saying here is something completely opinion-based and is contradictory to the in-game evidence of Ganondorf using the ToP to transform into Ganon, the Dark World doing it in ALttP, and the Trident doing it in FSA. This is bogus. (And this also says he's from the East, which he isn't. The Gerudo Desert is in the West. Just more evidence to back up what I'm saying about Prima.)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The ToP and Trident are extraordinarily powerful items that are imposrtant to Ganon, and he likes to stick with them. Also, Ganon may have become a pig-beast during the SW, as mentioned in LttP. He died during the SW and was brought back to his own form in FSA.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Four Swords Adventures seems to prove that Ganondorf and Ganon are the same being. We can see Ganondorf is a human when you talk to the maiden in the Temple of Darkness:
Ganon...I've heard that name before. No wait...It was Ganondorf. But, no...that man was of the Gerudo Tribe.

This does seem a little vague, but when taken with what Zelda said during the final battle it makes sense:
Ganon...this beast was once of the Gerudo...once human. He was called Ganondorf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom